Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tough Year
Without the injuries the Bengals could of been looking to make it back to the Super Bowl.... I think it's clear how the AFC turned out that it was in the cards...

Defense clearly has issues the secondary can't cover anyone and outside of Hendrickson we aren't getting to the QB.

Thanks everyone for making this year on the board a great one despite the heart aches.

Next year the Bengals will regroup and make a run at it.

Enjoy another cold one together.

Who Dey!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Even if Burrow was healthy all year, I don't think this was our year.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Even if Burrow was healthy all year, I don't think this was our year.

Had the Ravens on the rope and the lead before going down.

Definitely in the playoffs and better than majority of the teams in the AFC - a punchers chance if not better. 
Reply/Quote
With the expected turnover and questions at QB (ability to stay healthy) moving forward. The window has been slammed shut. We can’t compete in the AFCN. Nowhere close to competing with the other teams. And look to have the worst coaching staff of the 4.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
There's always a next year. At least we made it look fun for a while. Hope Burrow's fully healthy at the start of the next training camp, also I'm willing to create a D-line out of the scratch (keep Trey and replace everyone else).
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: With the expected turnover and questions at QB (ability to stay healthy) moving forward. The window has been slammed shut. We can’t compete in the AFCN. Nowhere close to competing with the other teams.

Ravens will have a lot of turnover starting next year on defense...

Steelers and Browns still have QB issues.

Window is not shut. 

Completely disagree - Bengals regroup and win the AFC North next season - you forget they will have a 4th place schedule
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:39 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Without the injuries the Bengals could of been looking to make it back to the Super Bowl.... I think it's clear how the AFC turned out that it was in the cards...

Defense clearly has issues the secondary can't cover anyone and outside of Hendrickson we aren't getting to the QB.

Thanks everyone for making this year on the board a great one despite the heart aches.

Who Dey!

The team showed amazing spirit. I really like this team and it's an easy team to root for. In the end, they overachieved once Burrow went down and left everything on the field. Can't ask for more when you star QB is injured most of the season.

Look forward to 2024.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:43 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Had the Ravens on the rope and the lead before going down.

Definitely in the playoffs and better than majority of the teams in the AFC - a punchers chance if not better. 

We give up way too many big plays on defense.

The offense has been inconsistent too.
Reply/Quote
Steelers and Browns with their Qb issues have dominated Bengals. Ravens have the best QB in the Division. If he stays healthy I don’t see them falling off

Reply/Quote
I found this year entertaining given the setbacks. We hung around late in the season. Looking forward to next year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:43 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Had the Ravens on the rope and the lead before going down.

We were up 10-7. Hardly on the ropes. The Ravens scored 34 

We give up way too many big plays on defense.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:45 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Ravens will have a lot of turnover starting next year on defense...

Window is not shut. 

Completely disagree - Bengals regroup and win the AFC North next season - you forget they will have a 4th place schedule

Steelers and Browns still win with backup QBs. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:39 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Without the injuries the Bengals could of been looking to make it back to the Super Bowl.... I think it's clear how the AFC turned out that it was in the cards...

Who Dey!

Ravens dominated,  we were not beating them this year, problem now is we seem to be where Ravens were wondering if our star QB can make it through a season healthy but with a weaker Defense than Ravens
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: Steelers and Browns with their Qb issues dominated Bengals. Ravens have the best QB in the Division. If he stays healthy I don’t see them falling off

Rudolph and Flacco look very good. They probably bring them back.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We give up way too many big plays on defense.

I mean you aren't going to see me disagreeing. 

With all of that said with a healthy Burrow I still could of seen us back in the AFC Championship game this year. 

The end of the year always sucks but this team has spirit and the ability to regroup in 2024. There is still a lot of hope for the future it's not the 90's or the Marvin tenure. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Rudolph and Flacco look very good. They probably bring them back.

God I hope so....
Reply/Quote
It wasn’t tough it was miserable. Burrow finding injuries and the defense just shitting the bed the entire year made it really hard to watch
Reply/Quote
Their coaches can win within the division with a backup qb. If you can do that you have a shot.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:45 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Ravens will have a lot of turnover starting next year on defense...

Window is not shut. 

Lamar dominates when he is healthy , he s best closer in the game, and they finally have WRs, they control AFC right now 
Reply/Quote

Who Dey!

Bengals never quit. Tough to lose your franchise QB, lose Chase and Higgins for multiple games on offense. Then on defense lose our run stopper and captain Reader.

I believe we get 9 picks in 2024 draft, lots of cap space also.

We need to go after a stud DT/DE who can help Trey out. Also, our young CB and safeties have to get a lot better in 2024.

Look forward to the off season to see moves we make. Do we keep Higgins? Boyd? Reader? Lots of question marks, but again a lot of cap space to make th team better.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote