Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Toxic lockerroom players speak
I don't see them moving on from Zac after the injury. Burrow's a quick study, but it would be tough to bring in a new coach in an offseason in which he's unable to work with his quarterback to implement his plan.

I do think he's very fireable, though. He's very likely to finish the year with 2 wins in 2 seasons. That sucks no matter what your situation is. The only major positive change seemed to come in the form of the guy that got his knee ripped out on Sunday, and Zac only got him by sucking his way into the number 1 pick.

All things considered, it's time for a blood sacrifice. That should come in the form of Lou, Turner, and maybe even Callahan if you want to take playcalling duties from Zac and bring in someone more experienced. Hell, might as well clean house.

If the article has any real truth to it, there are easily enough games left in the year for a good old fashioned player mutiny. We need Hubbard or Shawn Williams to humiliate Zac on the sidelines just like Shula while the cameras are running. Give the family no choice but to fire him by removing his credibility.

With Burrow being far from a sure thing for the beginning of next year, a coaching change is the biggest and cheapest thing they can do to re-engage the deflated fanbase.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 05:23 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: There is a grain of truth in this article on a lot of bullshit fluff piece.  Their use of the term abusive language, they haven't heard me talk.  Calling someone a thug is not abusive language and using cuss words I've heard worse on Netflix football specials.  

Nevertheless I do not like Sweet Lou or Jim Turner I do not like the progress of players with the exception of Jesse Bates.  But the offense line just lacks talent.  

Using John Ross as a disgruntled player is making me laugh out loud.  He has failed under two coaching regimes.  He is a complete bust.

No shit, if these guys are truly that soft, I wouldn't last to the first water break!  LMAO
Reply/Quote
One of the unacceptable fails ZT could make this year was making decisions, personnel, scheme or staff that got JB severely injured. He failed that in one of the most historic ways possible. He failed Joe, the organization, and fans. It was poetic when Paul Daugherty said they drafted the hope diamond and put him in a gumball machine. Truer words never spoken.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: No shit, if these guys are truly that soft, I wouldn't last to the first water break!  LMAO

It's a matter of credibility and respect.  If you have a working respect/relationship for someone and/or they have a track record of success, you may not find it overly offensive or out-of-line when they jump your shit over work performance. 

Now, if some turd with no real record of success and no familiarity came in and just started dealing on people, that's another animal.  You're probably going to ask yourself "who the hell does this guy think he is?"  
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:34 PM)samhain Wrote: It's a matter of credibility and respect.  If you have a working respect/relationship for someone and/or they have a track record of success, you may not find it overly offensive or out-of-line when they jump your shit over work performance. 

Now, if some turd with no real record of success and no familiarity came in and just started dealing on people, that's another animal.  You're probably going to ask yourself "who the hell does this guy think he is?"  

Bingo. Why should any of our players, especially one’s that have had a lot of success (AJ, Dunlap, Geno) have any respect for the likes of Zac Taylor, Lou Anarumo, and Jim Turner? The most successful of the 3 is Taylor, and that was as a damn QB coach for one year. BFD.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:34 PM)samhain Wrote: It's a matter of credibility and respect.  If you have a working respect/relationship for someone and/or they have a track record of success, you may not find it overly offensive or out-of-line when they jump your shit over work performance. 

There is also a difference between cussing to someone, and cussing at someone... Watch Mike Zimmer's meeting with Tank Johnson on Hard Knocks. Watch him going off on the bench on our guys on the other Hard Knocks. There was footage of Hue Jackson going at Chris Henry too. They aren't calling them dumb mother****ers. There is still a level of respect as men. Those guys also had/have a proven track record.

Lou Anarumo is a dumb mother***er. He ain't worth a shit at his job either.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bingo. Why should any of our players, especially one’s that have had a lot of success (AJ, Dunlap, Geno) have any respect for the likes of Zac Taylor, Lou Anarumo, and Jim Turner? The most successful of the 3 is Taylor, and that was as a damn QB coach for one year. BFD.

Plus, when things go bad, which they obviously have even before the Burrow injury, the knives are going to be out for said coach in short order.  There will be a line of players who perceive these guys as assholes and incompetents to kick them while they are down.  This wouldn't fly on a winning team, but under the current circumstances, fans will almost assuredly side with the players.  

If it gets bad enough and enough players truly view the coaches this way, they can absolutely facilitate a situation where ownership has almost no choice but to fire them.  You can ship Carlos out, but you can't jettison the entire team if they turn on the staff.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:41 PM)jason Wrote: There is also a difference between cussing to someone, and cussing at someone... Watch Mike Zimmer's meeting with Tank Johnson on Hard Knocks. Watch him going off on the bench on our guys on the other Hard Knocks. There was footage of Hue Jackson going at Chris Henry too. They aren't calling them dumb mother****ers. There is still a level of respect as men. Those guys also had/have a proven track record.

Lou Anarumo is a dumb mother***er. He ain't worth a shit at his job either.

Funny thing, I had a supervisor for 7 years that cussed constantly, often at us, a couple of times at me.  There was a particular thing he'd told me not to do more than once.  Not a huge deal, but it would have made his job easier if I had listened.  Problem was 99 percent of the time, the thing he asked me not to do worked fine and he never had to do anything about it, so none the wiser on his part.  Well, needless to say it went wrong one night and he went ballistic.  

Now, for perspective, this guy had my back countless times over the years, and there were times when it was at some risk to his own reputation.  He could get away with whatever, because in the end we were friends and had been around each other more than our own families for almost a decade.  

He eventually moved on to another job and was replaced with a less "abrasive" supervisor.  This dude was nice enough, but whenever he tried to buck up, talk shit and assert his authority, we pushed back hard until he broke and gave up.  Why?  Because he wasn't there yet and he had nothing outside of a title.  He could only demand what policy allowed him to, and sometimes that ain't much, lol.  That guy was Lou. He thought he had credibility that never existed. It has to be built with winning and results, on top of familiarity.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 09:41 PM)samhain Wrote: I don't see them moving on from Zac after the injury.  Burrow's a quick study, but it would be tough to bring in a new coach in an offseason in which he's unable to work with his quarterback to implement his plan.

Isn't that exactly what happened this past off season? Zac wasn't able to work with Burrow at all during the off-season other than virtually which would be the same thing. 
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:18 PM)TheFan Wrote: Isn't that exactly what happened this past off season? Zac wasn't able to work with Burrow at all during the off-season other than virtually which would be the same thing. 

That's true enough, but I still don't see them doing it.  

Now, I could see making an argument for brining in Joe Brady.  Burrow obviously has history in his system and it's not hard to imagine him taking to it immediately.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:02 AM)pally Wrote: whoa....Lou and Jim Turner specifically called out

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/zac-taylor-bengals-culture-problem

Taylor is a loser and the Brown family are going to let him take the entire franchise down. They won't act until things hit rock bottom. Rock bottom for them that is, and who knows when that will be.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:35 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Taylor is a loser and the Brown family are going to let him take the entire franchise down. They won't act until things hit rock bottom. Rock bottom for them that is, and who knows when that will be.

Your franchise QB was on pace to get hit about 90x , and didn’t even survive his rookie season.

Your always classy and professional star WR was seen on tv saying trade me on the sideline.

Your modern era sacks leader and probably best DE you’ve ever had was physically going after his DC and had to be traded away for peanuts.

Your borderline HoF DT barely plays, and when he does is invisible.

Your top 10 pick in the draft from a couple years ago hasn’t seen the field since like week 2.

Reports are coming out that several coaches have made it a toxic locker room.

You’re about to be swept in the division (including at least 2 absolutely embarrassing losses) and likely will only win 2 games for the second year in a row.

If this isn’t rock bottom I can’t imagine what is.

Reply/Quote
Here is a good video about Zack being the most hated coach in the NFL.. even over Gase.. This dude has to go now. We are the laughingstock again and he totally lost the team..
https://youtu.be/hu-WrqRfOCA
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:26 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I feel that ZT will be let go this offseason.

Mike does the right thing ala waits till the end of the season but I have to imagine this isn’t good enough even with his low standards.

Too much has went wrong.. I agree 100% I dont even think he makes it till the end.. This thing is imploding fast ...
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:09 PM)J24 Wrote: The funny thing is the culture wasn't bad under Marvin. You can be critical of Marvin for many things but I never heard of the locker room being  bad. 

I said I would never miss Marvin... I told everyone that.. I lied...
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re about to be swept in the division (including at least 2 absolutely embarrassing losses) and likely will only win 2 games for the second year in a row.

If this isn’t rock bottom I can’t imagine what is.

4 absolutely embarrassing losses.

Any loss to the Browns is absolutely embarrassing.   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 02:24 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 4 absolutely embarrassing losses.

Any loss to the Browns is absolutely embarrassing.   Ninja

Plus Ryan Finley has to play the Steelers and Ravens...

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I mean, Bill Callahan’s son is our “OC” and we still couldn’t get him? How ****** up is that?

Zac really wanted Callahan in 19 to the point the front office considered trading a pick to Washington for him. When they went with Turner, they fully committed to him. Dehner and Morrison said on their recent podcast that Callahan's name wasn't even mentioned this offseason. There was zero desire to bring him in. Zac and Co. were happy with Turner.

(11-24-2020, 01:23 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) Chad and Carson's beef happened with management and not Marvin. 

2.) What muntiy against Austin? He was fired for sucking as he should have been but I never saw a muntiy against him from the players.

It was mentioned this season on some of the Bengals related podcasts that players were extremely frustrated with Austin's system. We even heard players complain after the Steelers loss where players were screaming that they were running defensive plays that they didn't practice. Austin apparently showed no desire to change the system so players went to Marvin and after all of those embarrassing performances, Marvin finally pulled the plug.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: All we heard was the Bengals were trying to change the culture.
Well, apparently the culture they are creating is actually a bad one that is filled with abusive language, trust issues, and no accountability.

I knew it,  I ***** knew it.. You can tell the type of egotistical asshole Zack Taylor is just by his pressers.. I Seriously hate this guy at this point. He has came in and destroyed a franchise in a way that can't get much worst at this point.. There isn't  1 ***** positive to this guy... Nothing.. Hes a loser on top of it.. 4 lousy wins in 2 years.. WTF are we doing here?? He has to go right now...
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 02:56 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Fixed it for you. Burrow nearly won many games that were snatched away by poor defense.   Also struck out the ridiculous statement that ZT is responsible for setting back Burrow.  Freak things happen in football.  

What he's not sorry for is playing to win.  My gosh, if he came out and said "i'm gonna hold burrow back, we probably won't win much, but maybe next year he'll be ready"  you'd find me at the front line with a pitchfork.  You play your best players, period.
How can you stick up for him, even after the toxic Locker room report?? He sucks plain and simple has 4 wins. The worst coaching start in history.  Players hate him and most of all he almost got Burrow killed. I don't  get it.. 
Reply/Quote