Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Toxic lockerroom players speak
(11-25-2020, 02:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh I don't doubt the covid thing has played into many decisions. But I just have lost all faith in ZT's ability to coach/lead men at the NFL level.

I'm FAR from sold on ZT, but I found it interesting that he called a meeting with Bates and Boyd when they got back in town. Told them they may not be captains on paper, but they were on the field and in the locker room. Called on them to fill the gap with Joe being out. I think he was at least smart to go to those two guys. If we're rolling with him next season, I'd like for him to fire Turner and Lou. Then tell Tobin to open up the check book and do what it takes to get quality replacements. After reading some articles on the mothership this morning, there were a few more obstacles on the oline than I realized involving Covid and injury.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Your franchise QB was on pace to get hit about 90x , and didn’t even survive his rookie season.

Your always classy and professional star WR was seen on tv saying trade me on the sideline.

Your modern era sacks leader and probably best DE you’ve ever had was physically going after his DC and had to be traded away for peanuts.

Your borderline HoF DT barely plays, and when he does is invisible.

Your top 10 pick in the draft from a couple years ago hasn’t seen the field since like week 2.

Reports are coming out that several coaches have made it a toxic locker room.

You’re about to be swept in the division (including at least 2 absolutely embarrassing losses) and likely will only win 2 games for the second year in a row.

If this isn’t rock bottom I can’t imagine what is.

Taylor is worse than Dave Shula, but it took them 5 years to move on then. It all feels like the 90's all over again.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 03:17 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Taylor is worse than Dave Shula, but it took them 5 years to move on then. It all feels like the 90's all over again.

I honestly believe that the fact the front office spent $145 million on free agents last year will make them quicker to fire Taylor.

It showed they were more desperate to win than they have ever been.  Plus they are not going to keep a guy around who wastes that much money.
Reply/Quote
Gonna have to clean house again and do it right for the love of God.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 09:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Gonna have to clean house again and do it right for the love of God.
I'd like to reiterate clean house for the love of God...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 05:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I honestly believe that the fact the front office spent $145 million on free agents last year will make them quicker to fire Taylor.

It showed they were more desperate to win than they have ever been.  Plus they are not going to keep a guy around who wastes that much money.

We can only hope.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 02:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm FAR from sold on ZT, but I found it interesting that he called a meeting with Bates and Boyd when they got back in town. Told them they may not be captains on paper, but they were on the field and in the locker room. Called on them to fill the gap with Joe being out. I think he was at least smart to go to those two guys. If we're rolling with him next season, I'd like for him to fire Turner and Lou. Then tell Tobin to open up the check book and do what it takes to get quality replacements. After reading some articles on the mothership this morning, there were a few more obstacles on the oline than I realized involving Covid and injury.

I hope he has the balls to be a head coach, and when saying that I mean he fires Turner and Little Lou Who. We will see but I dont see him doing it....especially Turner.

If he doesn't have the toughness to make the decisions that have to be made for getting this team to a high caliber then I hope he is shown the door with the rest of the coaches mentioned above. But we know the front office isn't going to do that. 

I'm ready for the injury excuse this offseason...
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2020, 02:01 AM)GodFather Wrote: I hope he has the balls to be a head coach, and when saying that I mean he fires Turner and Little Lou Who. We will see but I dont see him doing it....especially Turner.

If he doesn't have the toughness to make the decisions that have to be made for getting this team to a high caliber then I hope he is shown the door with the rest of the coaches mentioned above. But we know the front office isn't going to do that. 

My sentiments exactly....and I hope that guys like Bates, Boyd, Gio, Mixon, etc sit him down and tell him their concerns with subordinate coaches.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2020, 11:39 AM)Wyche Wrote: My sentiments exactly....and I hope that guys like Bates, Boyd, Gio, Mixon, etc sit him down and tell him their concerns with subordinate coaches.

If Zac has taken Boyd and Bates to one side and told them they are now the leaders he's given them the greenlight to express these concerns.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2020, 12:46 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: If Zac has taken Boyd and Bates to one side and told them they are now the leaders he's given them the greenlight to express these concerns.

Good point.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2020, 02:01 AM)GodFather Wrote: I hope he has the balls to be a head coach, and when saying that I mean he fires Turner and Little Lou Who. We will see but I dont see him doing it....especially Turner.

I agree can their butts. My question is will we get anyone better or be looking for new coaches till next Oct. Would you risk your career working for Zac? I sure wouldn't. I would go something like this.
Hey I want to give you a promotion to be a D Coordinator! Hard pass! Working for you would have me unhireable when you get fired in the next 20 years.
Reply/Quote
Gio called whoever talked to the media "weak" Said ZT has an open door, and if someone isn't happy all they have to do is walk through it and discuss it like a man. Once again, Gio pretty much nails it.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 12:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Gio called whoever talked to the media "weak"  Said ZT has an open door, and if someone isn't happy all they have to do is walk through it and discuss it like a man. Once again, Gio pretty much nails it.

Where did you read that Sled?

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 12:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: Where did you read that Sled?

He said it on his press conference after the game. The Athletic wrote about it and included the audio in the Hear That Podcast Growling.
Reply/Quote
I think with Gio's comments it is safe to say that the issues are pretty much just Lou and Turner, the two coaches everyone has wanted gone pretty much all season.

Turner never should have been hired in the first place with his history, and hopefully after this latest sign that he is still a bag of dicks, he'll be out of coaching.

Lou was a desperation move after being turned down by too many other choices, hopefully him being gone will lead to a guy that deserves the D-Cord job getting it.

Improved O-line play and a better defensive scheme actually could be enough to get this team on the right track.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If there are issues wit Lou and/or Turner then there are issues with Zac Taylor.

Not only did he hire both of them, he chose to retain them. And not only did he hire and retain them, he apparently hasn't done enough to improve their relationships with their players.

I mean, guys, he's the head coach. If there are problems and issues arrising he's supposed to be aware of them, and he's supposed to be able to squash them. That's his job. He runs the whole show. It's his responsibility to make sure things like this don't develop and grow into what we're hearing now.

Are we to believe that Elise Jesse has a better pulse on the locker room that Zac Taylor? If what's she's reported is true, and I believe it is, then Taylor has to know about it. He has to. If Player X, Payer Y, and Player Z are having problems with Coach A, and Coach B, then the head coach has know this.

So either he's chosen not to do anything to fix the situation, or he simply can't fix the situation. Regardless, know that any internal issues between players and coaches ultmately reflect on the head coach.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 12:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Gio called whoever talked to the media "weak"  Said ZT has an open door, and if someone isn't happy all they have to do is walk through it and discuss it like a man. Once again, Gio pretty much nails it.

That's Gio's opinion and his experience. Maybe other people have tried going to ZT and not had the same response? 

Gio isn't on defense so he has no idea what it has been like for those players to deal with Lou outside of what he may see/hear on the practice field. He may have a bit more understanding of the Oline issues but again, he's not sitting in all of their meetings or dealing with that coach specifically all day. 

Personally I think it's a bad look for him to come out and basically say "well this has been my experience so anyone who thinks differently is stupid and wrong". 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 04:43 PM)TheFan Wrote: That's Gio's opinion and his experience. Maybe other people have tried going to ZT and not had the same response? 

Gio isn't on defense so he has no idea what it has been like for those players to deal with Lou outside of what he may see/hear on the practice field. He may have a bit more understanding of the Oline issues but again, he's not sitting in all of their meetings or dealing with that coach specifically all day. 

Personally I think it's a bad look for him to come out and basically say "well this has been my experience so anyone who thinks differently is stupid and wrong". 

Plus, when there's no accountability or favoritism as stated/reported, what's the point? 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 05:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I honestly believe that the fact the front office spent $145 million on free agents last year will make them quicker to fire Taylor.

There's a very good chance they lose all 6 of the remaining games, but maybe they get lucky and win one. In either case, how in the hell does any franchise bring back a coach that has gone 4-27-1 or 5-26-1 regardless of money spent, injuries excuses or whatever?

There's a chance that Zac will win less games in 2 full seasons than Dave Shula won in his first year as head coach. Let that sink in for a minute.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 06:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: In either case, how in the hell does any franchise bring back a coach that has gone 4-27-1 or 5-26-1 regardless of money spent, injuries excuses or whatever?

I’ll tell you exactly why Zac Taylor won’t be fired. The excuse from the Front Office will go something like this: “Zac needs a full season with Joe Burrow as quarterback for us to do an accurate evaluation.”

This is a pathetic excuse at best. A good coach knows how to win even when the team’s best player goes down. In my world the true evaluation of Zac Taylor takes place without Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote