Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Toxic lockerroom players speak
(11-24-2020, 12:50 PM)GodFather Wrote: You pick and choose what you want to say. Very one sided. You should get into politics...

Since Mike took over

Shula- 5 years
Coslet- 5 years
LeBeau- 2 years head coach and 1 interm
Lewis- 16 years

How confident are you with your repeating post that doesn’t paint an accurate picture at all that Taylor will be gone next year? Would you care to bet on it if your so certain. I’m calling you out. 
He finds that 1 little tidbit and preaches it as the gospel lol lol
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:34 PM)samhain Wrote: It's a matter of credibility and respect.  If you have a working respect/relationship for someone and/or they have a track record of success, you may not find it overly offensive or out-of-line when they jump your shit over work performance. 

Now, if some turd with no real record of success and no familiarity came in and just started dealing on people, that's another animal.  You're probably going to ask yourself "who the hell does this guy think he is?"  

I mean, I get it .....and as a supervisor, I'd never call anyone names like that. That said, we got talked to rougher in little league.... seriously. It's football. It's barbaric.... it's physically and mentally challenging. It's like a non life threatening boot camp. Seriously, sack the **** up guys, "be a pro" as Marvin said. LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Did anybody see the short podcast with Elise on Bengals Insider? She let loose a few nuggets that weren't even in her original article. She mentions bereft players (not staff) that are upset with position coaches as well as coordinators that not only won't communicate, but lack the teaching skills to coach and refine techniques. This implies even younger players (no, not Ross) are frustrated with the systems that these coaches implement.
Reply/Quote
I’m I mean based on my eyes they do have a bunch of dumb mfers on the team. So at least hes speaking the truth.
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 04:33 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: I’m I mean based on my eyes they do have a bunch of dumb mfers on the team. So at least hes speaking the truth.

Do they? Or are we the dumb mfers for caring and being fans for all these years.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
None of any of this is surprising. Dunlap is tearing things up in Seattle for a nobody lineman.. it's an absolute joke and the main reason I lose interest in football almost every year before the season in half way over.  It's worse than my interest in Harbor Freight woodworking tools. If my little business were run like the Bengals I'd be doing woodworking with a fingernail file and telling my customers that my garbage is as good as it gets.. That's the Brown family.."Our garbage is as good as it'll ever get in this town."
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Bengals coaches name calling??!?!?!?!? Turner already had a bad rap, some of the other coaches probably no different.
This org doesnt deserve much respect tbh.

On a side note: Carlos Dunlap seems revived in Seattle. Playing like a beast.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 06:03 AM)jason Wrote: Do they? Or are we the dumb mfers for caring and being fans for all these years.

No doubt
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 02:37 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Zac really wanted Callahan in 19 to the point the front office considered trading a pick to Washington for him. When they went with Turner, they fully committed to him. Dehner and Morrison said on their recent podcast that Callahan's name wasn't even mentioned this offseason. There was zero desire to bring him in. Zac and Co. were happy with Turner.

I will admit that Turner was the ONLY coach I was impressed with last year.  They fixed the running game after the bye.

I don't know why it disappeared again this year, but during the offseason I did not see any reason to get rid of Turner.  We had guys that should not have even been in the league (Jerry, Smith) not only starting, but starting at the most important position on the line at LT.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I will admit that Turner was the ONLY coach I was impressed with last year.  They fixed the running game after the bye.

I don't know why it disappeared again this year, but during the offseason I did not see any reason to get rid of Turner.  We had guys that should not have even been in the league (Jerry, Smith) not only starting, but starting at the most important position on the line at LT.

Indeed; for all of the shit he ate last year, he really did have the line playing well for the last 8 weeks and Fred was a good pickup that played well, plus Hart started to come on, etc.

But this year, outside of the previous 5 games where things improved a bit in pass pro, there hasn't been anything good to write home about.

And doing things such as playing Fred at RG/not playing Spain at LG, just make things look worse.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:11 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed; for all of the shit he ate last year, he really did have the line playing well for the last 8 weeks and Fred was a good pickup that played well, plus Hart started to come on, etc.

But this year, outside of the previous 5 games where things improved a bit in pass pro, there hasn't been anything good to write home about.

And doing things such as playing Fred at RG/not playing Spain at LG, just make things look worse.

They have looked really bad since the beginning of this year and definitely not what we saw at the end of last season. Makes one wonder who is truly to blame for this?

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:11 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed; for all of the shit he ate last year, he really did have the line playing well for the last 8 weeks and Fred was a good pickup that played well, plus Hart started to come on, etc.

I've made this analogy before.

One of the crucial mistakes military commanders make is being unwilling to adapt their original plans. Ummm the enemy doesn't do what the plan was set up for and they refuse to adapt. "It is a perfect plan, I made it"

I believe this is also a fatal flaw in coaches. They refuse to admit they were wrong. Case in point - Ryan Finley. You could go on and on.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:52 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've made this analogy before.

One of the crucial mistakes military commanders make is being unwilling to adapt their original plans. Ummm the enemy doesn't do what the plan was set up for and they refuse to adapt. "It is a perfect plan, I made it"

I believe this is also a fatal flaw in coaches. They refuse to admit they were wrong. Case in point - Ryan Finley. You could go on and on.

I don't know; by NOT starting Finley, it looks like Zac is admitting he was wrong; taking Adeniji out last game as well, showed that they were admitting they put the wrong guy in.
Reply/Quote

Yeah... You have a valid point. It's easy to stand in front of the press after a game and claim responsibility, but when you don't address certain issues with urgency, it's just ear candy at that point. I defend Zac a lot just because I think he wasn't left in a good spot. But as far as his efforts go, he grading pretty low with me in that category. Now with the talk in the locker room being what it appears to be, he seems to be doing a lot worse in areas than I expected. Not saying players shouldn't be able to handle tough criticism and take an ass chewing, but man, sounds like they are handling it all wrong.

Reply/Quote

I really believe that was a lot of Marvin's undoing. That's just opinion, but it sure looked that way when things went South. 

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 02:00 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I don't know; by NOT starting Finley, it looks like Zac is admitting he was wrong; taking Adeniji out last game as well, showed that they were admitting they put the wrong guy in.

Why did Finley make the team this season though Truck ? Taylor knew just like we did he wasn't NFL QB material.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 02:00 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I don't know; by NOT starting Finley, it looks like Zac is admitting he was wrong; taking Adeniji out last game as well, showed that they were admitting they put the wrong guy in.

....and admitted they needed to play Tate more, and did.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 02:01 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yeah... You have a valid point. It's easy to stand in front of the press after a game and claim responsibility, but when you don't address certain issues with urgency, it's just ear candy at that point. I defend Zac a lot just because I think he wasn't left in a good spot. But as far as his efforts go, he grading pretty low with me in that category. Now with the talk in the locker room being what it appears to be, he seems to be doing a lot worse in areas than I expected. Not saying players shouldn't be able to handle tough criticism and take an ass chewing, but man, sounds like they are handling it all wrong.

Right, you have to be willing to make the tough decisions, take action. You can't make those decisions based on you like this guy, he's a good fellow. Or I drafted him and I couldn't possibly be wrong.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 02:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Why did Finley make the team this season though Truck ? Taylor knew just like we did he wasn't NFL QB material.

I know it may not be the best thing, but I think the COVID rules did this; under a normal year, both Allen and Finley would've been on the active roster.

Allen was slated from the beginning, to be the guy that would be kept away from the rest of the team, as much as possible (in order to have a viable option, should Joe go on the COVID list). With Finley, you have a guy you may not want to, "be the guy," for multiple games, but someone to fill in for a snap or two, but having him exposed to potential positive players, would mean that we wouldn't need to rely on him, if he was our COVID QB.

That's what I'm thinking, when trying to make sense of this move; the players on the field are always the ones who are the most at-risk to spread the virus, so if you have a designated #2, in case of injury, you want him to be isolated.

I don't know lol.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 02:28 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I know it may not be the best thing, but I think the COVID rules did this; under a normal year, both Allen and Finley would've been on the active roster.

Allen was slated from the beginning, to be the guy that would be kept away from the rest of the team, as much as possible (in order to have a viable option, should Joe go on the COVID list). With Finley, you have a guy you may not want to, "be the guy," for multiple games, but someone to fill in for a snap or two, but having him exposed to potential positive players, would mean that we wouldn't need to rely on him, if he was our COVID QB.

That's what I'm thinking, when trying to make sense of this move; the players on the field are always the ones who are the most at-risk to spread the virus, so if you have a designated #2, in case of injury, you want him to be isolated.

I don't know lol.

Oh I don't doubt the covid thing has played into many decisions. But I just have lost all faith in ZT's ability to coach/lead men at the NFL level.
Reply/Quote