Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Toxic lockerroom players speak
(11-24-2020, 11:28 AM)Whatever Wrote: I think they are gone after this year.  If they are keeping Zac, they need sacrificial lambs for the fanbase.  

I can see that, but if ZT could only bring in his buddies with crap resumes when he was 0-0 what chance is he going to have of bringing anyone who belongs anywhere near a football field once he is possibly the HC with the worst winning percentage since the model T was invented?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree that a lot of coaches probably use harsh language with their players.  But the coaches have to have earned some respect and have credibility before it is acceptable.  

The "bully" approach to coaching might work in high school and college when the coaches are men and the players are boys.  But when you are in the NFL coaching grown men they will not be impressed by screaming and cussing.  I am sure there are NFL coaches who scream and cuss, but they have to have the "field cred" to back it up.

Good players WANT TO be coached hard.  They know that will help them get better.  They don't mind good coaches screaming at them.

Not really, position coaches are some of the worst at it from what I have been told. Most of them are guys who haven't backed anything up and it's commonplace. Just simply pointing out that while the whole culture may be crap that part seemed like a throw-in to hit a word count by the writer more so than any groud breaking information.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:13 AM)Au165 Wrote: Culture may be bad...but if your gripe with a coach is being called a dum MF'er you probably will have issues in most NFL locker rooms. It's a mentality that is being phased out but definitely still exists with a ton of coordinators. I got a buddy who is a practice squad guy who has bounced around to a couple of teams who text me and laughed about that part.

Yeah, that's basically just a "pile on" gripe to try and paint them as worse than they actually are(which still isn't good).  Every good staff has it's drlill sergeant style coaches because that's the kind of leadership some people react the best to.  And being fair, there's a ton of assignment errors on defense.
Reply/Quote
I think, though, that things become more problematic when we remember that Lou and Turner, as well as Zac, were all on the toxic coaching staff of the Miami Dolphins and that Turner especially has a long-standing reputation for bullying.

I've been very willing to give Zac the benefit of the doubt, It takes time to change a teams mentality but coaching staffs do not survive things like this. Even if it starts as BS the niggling doubts in the back of the player's minds become larger and more prominant and the distrust spreads like a fungus. If Zac hopes to save his job he is going to have to shake up his staff

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Ive said all along the players never really believed
In Zac or his collection of misfit coaches.
Joe Burrow was the glue that held this team together
Not Zac and his worn out speeches of " we are going
To turn this around b.s"
Actions speak louder than words.
4 27 1 is all you need to know.
So you Zac fans put that in your gobble gobble
And stuff it.
Reply/Quote
Get him out. The staff and culture he has brought is an absolute joke. This team has young talent and potential. Get someone in here who knows what they are doing.
Reply/Quote
Jim Turner you say?

[Image: 200.gif]

Reply/Quote
Carl almost never tweets anything other than links to interviews and articles

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:41 AM)pally Wrote: Carl almost never tweets anything other than links to interviews and articles

Right into the giant ***** iceberg...

Reply/Quote
The worse thing is to back MB against the wall. Marvin had to basically quit a second time (he was begged back after 2017).

MB will dig in if pressure is put on him to fire ZT.

All of this points to a lost generation. We already know next season is going to suck. The beat goes on in the Jungle.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I’d say this is unbelievable but it actually makes a ton of sense.

Start sending your angry handwritten letters to PBS now, folks. Threaten to give up your season tickets. It’s the only way Taylor will be fired in 7 weeks
Reply/Quote
“Those Mfin b*****”

Lou Anarumo after reading this article.
Reply/Quote
The whole Carlos debacle is what really pisses me off. How can you treat a player who has accomplished so much with so much disrespect?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
All we heard was the Bengals were trying to change the culture.
Well, apparently the culture they are creating is actually a bad one that is filled with abusive language, trust issues, and no accountability.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: All we heard was the Bengals were trying to change the culture.
Well, apparently the culture they are creating is actually a bad one that is filled with abusive language, trust issues, and no accountability.

The funny thing is the culture wasn't bad under Marvin. You can be critical of Marvin for many things but I never heard of the locker room being bad. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:55 AM)J24 Wrote: The whole Carlos debacle is what really pisses me off. How can you treat a player who has accomplished so much with so much disrespect?

I have to say the fact that he's working hard and happy to be on a much better franchise makes the whole notion that he was a crybaby quitter who was upset the Bengals were headed to glory without him look rather hollow.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:03 AM)corpjet Wrote: Isn't this the exact thing Zac said he was eliminating?  We all know what a joke Jim Turner is who is named in this article but not much respect for Lou either, why are these guys still coaching?  Fire your terrible hires Zac!

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/zac-taylor-bengals-culture-problem

Taylor might have a great vision but he has no idea how to execute.
Specifically, you put two bad coaches (Turner, Anarumo) into positions of power and they are clearly having a negative effect on your team.

It really would not surprise me if we see a good amount of FAs leave this coming offseason if Taylor and his staff are retained.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:09 PM)J24 Wrote: The funny thing is the culture wasn't bad under Marvin. You can be critical of Marvin for many things but I never heard of the locker room being  bad. 

I agree. In fact, we heard so often that Marvin was a player's coach.
I know he probably would never say it publicly, but I would have liked to have heard Taylor give examples of what specific things about the previous culture were so bad that needed to be changed.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Does anyone think we’re having threads like this if we had hired Del Rio and Bill Callahan instead?

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:09 PM)J24 Wrote: The funny thing is the culture wasn't bad under Marvin. You can be critical of Marvin for many things but I never heard of the locker room being  bad. 

Marvin also had to deal with some much larger personalities, too. Can you imagine Burfict here right now?
Reply/Quote