Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Toxic lockerroom players speak
(11-24-2020, 03:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, for a defense that "sources" say hates Lou, they sure seem to me to be playing hard for him. They may not be great, but outside of Dunlap I have seen no lack of effort. Players always appear to me to be getting after it as opposed to years past where it seemed they were more going through the motions.

Players are playing for jobs, and future contracts.  It's incredibly rare to see players openly give poor effort in games.

"Playing hard" indicates playing harder than average, does it not?  Otherwise it would just be called "playing".

Are you seeing effort from the Bengals defense that is greater than the norm around the league?  Cuz it looks like to me, they're just playing football like every other team.

I think when someone says "At least we're playing hard" it really means "I'm looking for reasons to use cliches to feel better about this team."
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 03:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, for a defense that "sources" say hates Lou, they sure seem to me to be playing hard for him. They may not be great, but outside of Dunlap I have seen no lack of effort. Players always appear to me to be getting after it as opposed to years past where it seemed they were more going through the motions.

(11-24-2020, 03:36 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Completely agree, Sled.

You guys see what you want to see.  It is called "projection".

A player you like gets his ass beat you still believe he is trying hard.  A player you don't like gets his ass best you blame it on "not trying".
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 03:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You guys see what you want to see.  It is called "projection".

A player you like gets his ass beat you still believe he is trying hard.  A player you don't like gets his ass best you blame it on "not trying".

I'd also argue it's perception, which is my reality.  "I see better than I hear" - the great ML.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 03:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You guys see what you want to see.  It is called "projection".

As do you....
Reply/Quote
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/zac-taylor-bengals-culture-problem

There's really some damning info here that confirm many people's suspicions. Here's what stood out:

1. Jim Turner is still an insensitive dick. Doesn't appear to have learned anything from Bullygate or his sexual harassment, even going as far as calling Isiah Prince a Thug.

2. Lou Anamouro is a smug ****.

We now have multiple disgruntled employees, one of which still looks to be productive outside of Cincinnati. Our generational talent is hurt, possibly because of Turner's favoritism. We've also seen an example of Zac trying to be the alpha and failing miserably. His pep talk after Joe went down went as well as me stripping on a pole would: Not good!

"lack of communication" seems to be a major theme. Pissing off Dunlap is one thing, but people tend to forget that this staff also pissed of Andy Dalton: The Ned Flanders of the NFL.

We can talk about ownership all day. But there appears to be MAJOR, MAJOR issues with this coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Toxic-lockerroom-players-speak

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Toxic-Culture

But, don't you even look?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 04:06 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Toxic-lockerroom-players-speak

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Toxic-Culture

But, don't you even look?

I'm sorry, it's totally reasonable to expect that an article deserving of its own thread was being tangentially discussed in ongoing threads with semi-related topics.

Really?

Freaking really?!
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 04:08 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I'm sorry, it's totally reasonable to expect that an article deserving of its own thread was being tangentially discussed in ongoing threads with semi-related topics.

Really?

Freaking really?!

Your article is literally quoted in both those threads.

The thread titles, LITERALLY USE THE EXACT SAME VERBIAGE AS YOURS.

Come on, man.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 01:48 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: So the media puts out an article about this AFTER Burrow goes down, and most of you take this and add it to your "ZT Sucks cuz reasons" agendas.  Ya'll don't think there's a chance that now that (guessing) 70% + of the fan base won't be even tuning into anything football related that they're grasping at straws trying to reel folks back in?  I'll admit, right when I saw the headlines I instantly thought Jim Turner, perhaps Anarumo based on his issues with Dunlap, but nothing I've seen in any way would make sense to implicate Taylor.  

Except that Zac hired these guys and continues to stand by them. The head coach is responsible for the actions/failings of the staff he put together. To say that it doesn't 'implicate' him in any way, is a pretty generous view, to say the least. 
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:41 AM)pally Wrote: Carl almost never tweets anything other than links to interviews and articles

What does that even mean?
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 04:10 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Except that Zac hired these guys and continues to stand by them. The head coach is responsible for the actions/failings of the staff he put together. To say that it doesn't 'implicate' him in any way, is a pretty generous view, to say the least. 

Completely fair.  OK, so if it is true, those two should be shown the door immediately.  Perhaps I was suckered into beleiving the culture Zac was building and it's all a house of cards, but I've really liked what I heard from him.  I swear I'm not trying to piss you all off or be an idiot.  
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 02:22 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You're 100% flat out wrong here.  I'm not trying to be rude here, but you are.

Elise Jesse has been writing things like this going all of the way back to when Carlos first went off.  She's made numerous claims to the culture in the locker room not being the best for months.  She's even used similar sources in the past.

Go look at her twitter page, and you'll see for yourself.  Keep scrolling down, and down, and down.  This article is basically a compilation of what she's been reporting for weeks and weeks.

Now, you may disagree with the premise of her article, and you may not put much stock in her sources, or her ability as a reporter.  That is up to you.  But you can't claim she pulled this story out of thin air, right after Burrow went down, in an effort only drive clicks.  That's simply not true.

Elise Jesse is a very good reporter. She doesn't write with the intention of 'creating a story'. She's always been very straight forward and respectful in her reporting and doesn't tend to exaggerate or stir the pot in order to get views. 
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 04:10 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Your article is literally quoted in both those threads.

The thread titles, LITERALLY USE THE EXACT SAME VERBIAGE AS YOURS.

Come on, man.

Thanks.
Reply/Quote
From my thread:

1. Jim Turner is still an insensitive dick. Doesn't appear to have learned anything from Bullygate or his sexual harassment, even going as far as calling Isiah Prince a Thug.

2. Lou Anamouro is a smug ****.

We now have multiple disgruntled employees, one of which still looks to be productive outside of Cincinnati. Our generational talent is hurt, possibly because of Turner's favoritism. We've also seen an example of Zac trying to be the alpha and failing miserably. His pep talk after Joe went down went as well as me stripping on a pole would: Not good!

"lack of communication" seems to be a major theme. Pissing off Dunlap is one thing, but people tend to forget that this staff also pissed of Andy Dalton: The Ned Flanders of the NFL.

We can talk about ownership all day. But there appears to be MAJOR, MAJOR issues with this coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 04:16 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Elise Jesse is a very good reporter. She doesn't write with the intention of 'creating a story'. She's always been very straight forward and respectful in her reporting and doesn't tend to exaggerate or stir the pot in order to get views. 

whatever you say. 

When there is potential for a big article/story, that's when reporters tend to take things out wack and over exaggerate

it's all about clicks. and potential controversy is big
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 04:15 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Completely fair.  OK, so if it is true, those two should be shown the door immediately.  Perhaps I was suckered into beleiving the culture Zac was building and it's all a house of cards, but I've really liked what I heard from him.  I swear I'm not trying to piss you all off or be an idiot.  

I was was the same as you for year one, being very patient and hopeful about what Zac was saying. As this year has went on though, my attitude and confidence in Zac has changed. I honestly think he's just in way over his head. You can look back at my posts, I've honestly tried to find reasons to continue supporting him, but I just can't do it anymore. The absolute final straw for me was the Steelers game, for reasons I shared in another thread. I just don't trust Zac to make the right decisions anymore, especially when it comes to putting the team's best interest above his ego.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 04:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I was was the same as you for year one, being very patient and hopeful about what Zac was saying. As this year has went on though, my attitude and confidence in Zac has changed. I honestly think he's just in way over his head. You can look back at my posts, I've honestly tried to find reasons to continue supporting him, but I just can't do it anymore. The absolute final straw for me was the Steelers game, for reasons I shared in another thread. I just don't trust Zac to make the right decisions anymore, especially when it comes to putting the team's best interest above his ego.

I'm trying to understand what gave him this big an ego.

His track record at the top of my head:

1. Tried to play QB for the Cornhuskers (lololololol). Failed badly.
2. OC for the bearcats. Ass.
3. Coach for the Lolphins. Again, ass.
4. QB coach for the rams. Okay, but SB was ass.

Where does he get off?
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 04:16 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Elise Jesse is a very good reporter. She doesn't write with the intention of 'creating a story'. She's always been very straight forward and respectful in her reporting and doesn't tend to exaggerate or stir the pot in order to get views. 

Agreed.  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 04:27 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I'm trying to understand what gave him this big an ego.

His track record at the top of my head:

1. Tried to play QB for the Cornhuskers (lololololol). Failed badly.
2. OC for the bearcats. Ass.
3. Coach for the Lolphins. Again, ass.
4. QB coach for the rams. Okay, but SB was ass.
5. Head coach of the Bungles. Again, heightened levels of ass.

Where does he get off?

I contributed to your list with #5.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 03:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: As do you....

Wrong.  All I am looking at is actual results.  

No "projection" needed when the team is 4-21-1 under this current coaching staff.
Reply/Quote