Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trade Your First Rounder For Foles?
If you were the GM in Cincy, would you trade your first rounder for Foles? He only has 7 million on his contract for this upcoming year and you can get draft picks in a trade with Dalton and the jury is still out on what value you get out of AJ.

Would you do it? Would you go after Foles?
Reply/Quote
The real question is what do they want for Pederson? Not taking anything away from Foles, who played great (although Brady was even better), but Pederson was honestly the MVP of that game. He out coached Darth Hoodie!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Jesus, no. This reminds me of the Matt Cassel or Matt Flynn where a good system makes a QB look better than he is. We all assumed Carson Wentz was really good, but then Foles comes in and does it to which now has me thinking they both may be decent but Pederson may actually be the magic making that thing go. I think the Bills end up doing it because they are ready to win now, but I wouldn't want to do it here.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: Jesus, no. This reminds me of the Matt Cassel or Matt Flynn where a good system makes a QB look better than he is. We all assumed Carson Wentz was really good, but then Foles comes in and does it to which now has me thinking they both may be decent but Pederson may actually be the magic making that thing go. I think the Bills end up doing it because they are ready to win now, but I wouldn't want to do it here.

I'd give Foles more credit than Cassel and Flynn, but I agree with the overall idea.  What I see most here is the Eagles spent a LONG time with a good HC who couldn't quite get it done and then replaced him with some criticized HCs until they got one who struck gold.

The Eagles made some bold moves at HC and in the draft and it paid off.  They make moves that we don't, so that's why I wouldn't say the answer to our woes is Nick Foles.
Reply/Quote
someone will overpay for foles who as about out of the nfl not long ago
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't. Foles played great, but Philly also can run the ball. We get a rushing attack going, our Offense should go nuts.
Reply/Quote
nah.
Reply/Quote
A good bengals GM tries to get us back to 2015 form with Dalton and crew... not start by replacing the leader of the team
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: A good bengals GM tries to get us back to 2015 form with Dalton and crew... not start by replacing the leader of the team

That’s part of the problem, Dalton isn’t much of a leader.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s part of the problem, Dalton isn’t much of a leader.

That's complete BS
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s part of the problem, Dalton isn’t much of a leader.

how about asking his teammates instead of pulling fiction out your ass?
Reply/Quote
I hope this is a joke. No qb would be good with this offensive line and if I traded for an Eagles qb it would be for Wentz. I would trade a 1st for Lane Jonson or trade Marvin for Peterson lol.
Reply/Quote
Time to crank up the magical trade machine that allows us to trade all of our worse players for all of another teams best players for a stale bag of chips .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:42 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That's complete BS

Is it? Have you ever watched any of his pregame speeches? He’s almost comically bad at trying to hype the team up. And he is very rarely the best player on his team when they win (just look at the game ball threads), so he’s not exactly leading by example either.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: how about asking his teammates instead of pulling fiction out your ass?

I don’t need to ask his teammates, I have an internet connection...

https://youtu.be/_358Pi3xWsQ

https://youtu.be/tdwrmxkb-Ag

Would you feel inspired by those?

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:46 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I hope this is a joke. No qb would be good with this offensive line and if I traded for an Eagles qb it would be for Wentz. I would trade a 1st for Lane Jonson or trade Marvin for Peterson lol.

yep, would definitely shell out a 1st round selection if this is the way Philly went. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Is it? Have you ever watched any of his pregame speeches? He’s almost comically bad at trying to hype the team up. And he is very rarely the best player on his team when they win (just look at the game ball threads), so he’s not exactly leading by example either.

So you base this on, he's not the best cheerleader on the team??  The 2016 season was in my opinion Andy's best year. We were terrible on the O-line, couldn't stop anyone D and AJ and Eifert were missing much of the season. Andy pretty much kept us in alot of those games by himself. To me that is a leader, when the chips are down. Anyone can be a leader when everything is going great.
Reply/Quote
I’d give up a 1st + for Wentz. Sure, having a great coach/system helps a ton, but that dude is special. He’ll probably be taking over as one of the elite QBs in a couple years when the Ben’s, Brady’s, Brees’ retire.

Reply/Quote
No I wouldn't do it. Foles had the benefit of a good OL, great play calling, and an established running game. He'd have none of that here.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 01:02 PM)sandwedge Wrote: So you base this on, he's not the best cheerleader on the team??  The 2016 season was in my opinion Andy's best year. We were terrible on the O-line, couldn't stop anyone D and AJ and Eifert were missing much of the season. Andy pretty much kept us in alot of those games by himself. To me that is a leader, when the chips are down. Anyone can be a leader when everything is going great.

I do think you need to have some of that. Dalton is a lot like Marvin, imo, loved by the team, but doesn’t inspire or instill confidence.

Reply/Quote