Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trade talks with Falcons?
(07-21-2019, 06:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I get what you are saying, but let's also keep another thing in mind.  Draft capitol is also trade currency, meaning that the Bengals can also use said capitol to aid in a potential deal with another team, who may have a player that may benefit them right now.

All good if that’s the way it unfolded. But you and me both cannot be confident it would play out that way with MB? We both know he is accused of hoarding the cash. I don’t agree with the opinion but I’m not always right.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Without an O-line . . . do they really need a quality backup RB?
Trade the RB to get a better O-line and the current 3rd and 4th string RB would do better than the departed #2 under the current state of the O-line.

Love watching Gio, but he'll be gone in FA in a year, get something for him.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2019, 11:53 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I just saw this posted, and found it to be quite interesting.  We have speculated, and kicked around the idea of the Bengals making a trade, but I don't think any of us had Giovanni Bernard tagged as trade leverage.

In the event that it's a player for player trade, who do you want from the Falcons in exchange for Gio?

https://www.nflchatter.com/2019/07/21/falcons-in-trade-talks-with-the-bengals/?fbclid=IwAR35Qxw1R3InmtKpzLlsyPnniCOL0jSEgUTSMAwU1v2YyIJmUS0A7_4vTCE

Deion Jones, Jake Matthews or McGary sure would be nice...

We are deep at RB now, not a terrible thought honestly. Love Gio but Mixon and Traveon are the future IMO.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2019, 02:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why they need Gio? They already have former Bengal great Brian Hill.

Kinda like the Patriots, once they put their hands in our RB cookie jar and see how good they are, they come back for more!!!!  :andy: Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2019, 04:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: A 67 would be our best offensive lineman.  Hilarious

If you're going by PFF grades, Westerman had a 78 grade last year.  He was actually included in a PFF article about players they want to see get more playing time.  Fej was also featured in the story iirc.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2019, 07:37 PM)Whatever Wrote: If you're going by PFF grades, Westerman had a 78 grade last year.  He was actually included in a PFF article about players they want to see get more playing time.  Fej was also featured in the story iirc.

Yes

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2019, 06:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You give the Ravens too much credit. As for the Steelers, we will own them from now on. ML was a Pittsburgh guy. Wait, I’m gonna say it, I don’t want to but gotta speak my gut. ML made sure the Steelers won most of the games. He’s a homeboy of Pittsburgh. He grew up in McDonald, Pennsylvania (clown). He also coached at university of Pittsburgh. Not to mention he was a coach for the Steelers.

Yet, we brought him to Cincinnati. He did some good things here (see what I did there)? But you just can’t have a record against a rival of 8-25 and not have an interest or tie with that organization (ok you can, but in this case I’m skeptical). 2 of the 7 playoff losses are against Pittsburgh.

He was a Trojan horse.

Thanks for the soapbox Bonnie. I needed to vent that stuff because I haven’t trusted him for a long time.

That much we've been in agreement for quite some time and I have said the same thing about Murv.. I lost count how many times..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Gio is good doubt you can get anything more than a fith for him maybe a late 4th.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2019, 12:34 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Doubt it; Hobson was hinting at an extension for Bernard.

Why give Bernard an extension if you signed Williams and Anderson? Goo is a good RB, and excellent change of pace back. That said, if he can be traded for a LB or OL upgrade its a no brainer.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2019, 08:46 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Why give Bernard an extension if you signed Williams and Anderson?  Goo is a good RB, and excellent change of pace back.  That said, if he can be traded for a LB or OL upgrade its a no brainer.

Two sixth RD picks are not exactly locks to be good players and Bernard has very little tread on his tires for a guy in his 7th year.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2019, 07:37 PM)Whatever Wrote: If you're going by PFF grades, Westerman had a 78 grade last year.  He was actually included in a PFF article about players they want to see get more playing time.  Fej was also featured in the story iirc.

PFF grades Fej out as a borderline Pro Bowl player.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2019, 05:03 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I know you are joking but getting Sanu back might not be out of the question. We could use the depth at WR. 

It was in jest, but I think that number 11 would look good in stripes. We could throw in Ross too to make the jersey number work.

To your point.... Sanu has been sorely missed in my opinion. That guy's a helluva number 3. I think Atlanta overpaid for him at the time, but this offense hasn't been the same since he and Jones left. Of course that coincides with the Zampese/ Lazor eras.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2019, 06:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You give the Ravens too much credit. As for the Steelers, we will own them from now on. ML was a Pittsburgh guy. Wait, I’m gonna say it, I don’t want to but gotta speak my gut. ML made sure the Steelers won most of the games. He’s a homeboy of Pittsburgh. He grew up in McDonald, Pennsylvania (clown). He also coached at university of Pittsburgh. Not to mention he was a coach for the Steelers.

Yet, we brought him to Cincinnati. He did some good things here (see what I did there)? But you just can’t have a record against a rival of 8-25 and not have an interest or tie with that organization (ok you can, but in this case I’m skeptical). 2 of the 7 playoff losses are against Pittsburgh.

He was a Trojan horse.

Thanks for the soapbox Bonnie. I needed to vent that stuff because I haven’t trusted him for a long time.

We stuck with a double agent HC for 16 years...I'm thinking Mike Brown is on the Steelers payroll too. 
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2019, 10:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We stuck with a double agent HC for 16 years...I'm thinking Mike Brown is on the Steelers payroll too. 

At the end of the day, MB has said he is a businessman first and foremost. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2019, 09:09 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Two sixth RD picks are not exactly locks to be good players and Bernard has very little tread on his tires for a guy in his 7th year.

Mind you, Frank Gore is still playing football. It is rare but possible!
Reply/Quote

He was a Trojan horse.

Lol I've been saying Marvin was a steelers double agent for years.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2019, 01:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I like Gio, but we have depth at RB. As much as i would hate to see him go, it makes sense. However, Falcons OL was nothing special last year so not sure how trading for a OL guy would help except getting depth.

I would argue we don;t have experienced depth at RB... we lost Walton and we have two players that have never played in the NFL so no way im trading Gio unless we get a veteran RB also with a OL.. Mixon goes down we having ZERO experience behind him.. 
Reply/Quote
I would hate to see Gio go and I know I'm going to get roasted for this but he's our best back right now. I say right now cause he's proven to be more than competent over the years. Mixon definitely flashed but I think think Gio's better now. But if Atl is the ones perusing this we should have the upper hand and get a good player. Not sure we will get 2, might not even get one. More likely a player and a pick. I would take either OL they drafted this year, but then again they probably wouldn't give them up, and even if they did of course of course you have the whole proven player for a rookie thing which I'm not a fan of. Would be similar to giving him away for a draft pick.

Now if there was an OL that we really wanted in the 2nd, then I can see us going after him. I'm still convencded we wanted Risner in the 2nd. Wish we would have got him.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals can get O-Line Help, hell ya. Make the Trade.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 01:15 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I would hate to see Gio go and I know I'm going to get roasted for this but he's our best back right now. I say right now cause he's proven to be more than competent over the years. Mixon definitely flashed but I think think Gio's better now. But if Atl is the ones perusing this we should have the upper hand and get a good player. Not sure we will get 2, might not even get one. More likely a player and a pick. I would take either OL they drafted this year, but then again they probably wouldn't give them up, and even if they did of course of course you have the whole proven player for a rookie thing which I'm not a fan of. Would be similar to giving him away for a draft pick.

Now if there was an OL that we really wanted in the 2nd, then I can see us going after him. I'm still convencded we wanted Risner in the 2nd. Wish we would have got him.

Gio is better than Mixon???

[Image: giphy.gif]

I do like him, but man is Gio overrated by our fan base. Maybe more than any other player in recent memory. He had one really good year in 2015 where he averaged 4.7 yds, but other than that? He’s just been a decent #2, that will make a flashy play here and there. I doubt there’s a team in the league he’d be the starter for. Mixon would start on about 27 or 28 of them.

Reply/Quote