Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trade talks with Falcons?
(07-22-2019, 02:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If the Steelers sweep us this year we will know Zac Tayor is in on it, too.

My tin foil hat is on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 02:12 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I do think Mike Brown could be bought. Imagine if the Steelers have been paying him all these years to lose

Sorry; 2015 put all those conspiracies to rest.

And I never believed it for a second.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 03:59 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Sorry; 2015 put all those conspiracies to rest.

And I never believed it for a second.

But we didn’t win that playoff game in what was historically the biggest implosion of a team in the final minutes than any in NFL history?

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2019, 07:11 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Kinda like the Patriots, once they put their hands in our RB cookie jar and see how good they are, they come back for more!!!!  :andy:  Hilarious

Yep, that amazing 211 rushing yards they got out of Hill and Burkhead last year was really impressive.
Reply/Quote
Gio isn't going anywhere. He is our Sproles. It's not his fault Marvin and co never knew how to use him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Unless they give up a good LB or OL I'd pass. We need Gio this year, imo, so whatever they give up will need to sting a little, too.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
You know, it's kind of weird. After that article that I posted in the OP, I can't find any other mentions of the ATL/CIN trade talks, anywhere..

I'm certain that if something were really going on, those of you that monitor Bengals news on Twitter would have also stumbled across something by now.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 06:01 PM)SladeX Wrote: Unless they give up a good LB or OL I'd pass. We need Gio this year, imo, so whatever they give up will need to sting a little, too.

I agree with this. Why should be just give up Gio to help the Falcons? If we want to trade Gio, then open it up to 31 teams and get the best deal.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 06:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree with this. Why should be just give up Gio to help the Falcons? If we want to trade Gio, then open it up to 31 teams and get the best deal.

That's not how it works.  When you offer a player as trade bait, you are looking to move him, and the buyer is the one doing YOU the favor.  The Falcons allegedly contacted the Bengals about Bernard, meaning they are the seekers, and thus willing to pay a bit of a premium to get a player that they want, so by dealing Gio, the Bengals would be doing THEM the favor, and thus be worthy of a profit.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Take a second round pick in a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 06:36 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Take a second round pick in a heartbeat.

If ZT is into wheeling and dealing,I believe he will get someone that is going to help us RIGHT NOW. :andy: ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

That would be the dream scenario, getting a same round pick for a guy that has developed into a solid RB2..  But, I think that after 6 seasons, a 4th would be good market value, and getting a 3rd round pick would be the Bengals "winning" the deal.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

phack a second round pick...trade him and brown for deon jones and a 4th!!
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 03:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Gio is better than Mixon???

[Image: giphy.gif]

I do like him, but man is Gio overrated by our fan base. Maybe more than any other player in recent memory. He had one really good year in 2015 where he averaged 4.7 yds, but other than that? He’s just been a decent #2, that will make a flashy play here and there. I doubt there’s a team in the league he’d be the starter for. Mixon would start on about 27 or 28 of them.

Lol, agreed. Love Gio but he also wasn't the same player after that dirty Stooler hit.

Mixon is as talented as any RB in the NFL and led the AFC in rushing last season. When has Gio got even close to doing this?
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 08:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lol, agreed. Love Gio but he also wasn't the same player after that dirty Stooler hit.

Mixon is as talented as any RB in the NFL and led the AFC in rushing last season. When has Gio got even close to doing this?

Yes, the fact that a team contacted the Bengals, about giving them something in return for Bernard, is a bit of a surprise.  If they get a 4th round pick, or even a competent OL or LB in return?  That would be a huge WIN for the Bengals management team.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 04:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yep, that amazing 211 rushing yards they got out of Hill and Burkhead last year was really impressive.

Burkhead had 282 yds and the two TDs in the Super bowl were back breakers.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 08:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, the fact that a team contacted the Bengals, about giving them something in return for Bernard, is a bit of a surprise.  If they get a 4th round pick, or even a competent OL or LB in return?  That would be a huge WIN for the Bengals management team.

It would be and as much as I believe Gio is a fine RB when healthy he is getting older.

Not to mention I think we got the best RB in the Draft in Traveon Williams, not joking, dude is good, really good and has everything Gio has and more besides experience. But one position that can be good right off the bat in the NFL is RB so I am not understanding that argument either.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 04:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yep, that amazing 211 rushing yards they got out of Hill and Burkhead last year was really impressive.

Rex Burkhead had 317 yards from scrimmage last year in 8 games regular season games. Gio had 429 yards from scrimmage last year in 12 games. Rex also added another 141 yards in the postseason for the Patriots. I'd say that really is impressive coming from their 3rd string running back.

Hell, Rex even gave them 500 yards in 2017 when we could barely get 100 from Jeremy Hill. I'd say that yeah, they're pretty happy they took him off our hands.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 08:55 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Burkhead had 282 yds and the two TDs in the Super bowl were back breakers.

The hype Burkhead was getting on this page has never come close to his performance.. we did the right thing not paying him the $$ he wanted 
Reply/Quote
The Steelers don’t need to pay off Mikey, he helps them just by the way he operates
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote