Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates
(08-18-2019, 01:30 AM)Joelist Wrote: I think it's time we all stopped living in the past. We have a completely new staff and new systems on both sides of the ball plus a new head coach means a new tone for the team. Let's see how ZT does this before passing any judgment - so far in the first two games he seems much better than what we have had in the recent past.

I like the fact that our coach looks angry after mistakes instead of the looks of indifference and exasperation Marvin used to have.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 02:51 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What is the annual prize for biggest Bengals homer? Wendy’s coupons?

A brand new 1995 Chevy Lumina.  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 12:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No chance against the Mark Sanchez led Jets? Oof...

Yes, their defense was legit, but still.

League's number 1 defense and number 1 rushing game.

After Chris Henry was injured (game 8) opposing defenses bracketed Chad and our passing game folded.  Over the last 8 games the Bengals averaged 142.5 passing yards per game and had a 74.7 passer rating.

In game 9 we beat the Stealers without scoring an offensive TD.  After that we finished 3-5 and never beat a team better than 5-11.  

That team was nothing but smoke and mirrors going into the playoffs.  Over our last five games (including the playoff) we were 1-4 and outscored 128 to 65.  The only win was a struggle against 4-12 Kansas City at home.  We had to score a TD with less than two minutes left to pull out the victory.
Reply/Quote
Cordy Glenn missing from practice again. Is he retiring too? Ninja
Reply/Quote
Glenn has a concussion, which all things considered isn't the worst thing in the world.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 04:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: Glenn has a concussion, which all things considered isn't the worst thing in the world.

How in the heck did he get a concussion?  Most of the time when I watch him play, he appears to be avoiding contact at all costs..   Ninja 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 04:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How in the heck did he get a concussion?  Most of the time when I watch him play, he appears to be avoiding contact at all costs..   Ninja 

He reported it to the team after Thursday game

and in other news

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 04:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: Glenn has a concussion, which all things considered isn't the worst thing in the world.

You've got to be kidding me....

Well, I hope we keep three QBs...at this point we might see all three. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Ross on rehab field until Sunday at earliest

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Glenn out rest of preseason, Smith starting at LT. Jordan will be starting at LG and Price at center for Thursday’s game, per Hobson.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 07:15 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Glenn out rest of preseason, Smith starting at LT. Jordan will be starting at LG and Price at center for Thursday’s game, per Hobson.

Glenn has been dinged up each of the past 3 seasons. Before that, he was a really good Tackle.
Reply/Quote
What the hell is with this team and their O-Line players? The Bengals may have to draft 2-3 OL players in next draft. Shocked
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 05:26 PM)pally Wrote: Ross on rehab field until Sunday at earliest

There's a storm coming.

[Image: 200.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 07:15 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Glenn out rest of preseason, Smith starting at LT. Jordan will be starting at LG and Price at center for Thursday’s game, per Hobson.

Hopefully the Glenn concussion doesn't linger into the season... he may not be great, but he might just be the most irreplaceable player on the roster at the moment. I'm also hoping Price can finally grab his job by the horns because the Bengals can ill afford another first round miss on the offensive line.
Reply/Quote

Unlike some i am glad we brought Andre back.

Would like to see how Jordan plays with the 1's.
Reply/Quote
hmmmmmm…. The best interior OL might just be Price Hopkins Jordan...

But miller seemed to be doing alright outside his 1 penalty @ RG...

I figure Dugas gets a lot of time at LT this thrusday.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 12:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Unlike some i am glad we brought Andre back.

Would like to see how Jordan plays with the 1's.

Same and same. I think playing next to Price again will help both Jordan and Price.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 02:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: hmmmmmm….    The best interior OL might just be  Price Hopkins Jordan...

I see no way Miller doesn't start.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 02:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: hmmmmmm….    The best interior OL might just be  Price Hopkins Jordan...

I like Miller at RG still and if Jordan plays well enough he should be the LG in my opinion.

Think Jordan could be a better Guard than Hopkins.

Hopkins is a good backup Center and versatile Lineman.

(08-20-2019, 02:18 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Same and same. I think playing next to Price again will help both Jordan and Price.

Well they already should have the chemistry together.  ThumbsUp 

(08-20-2019, 02:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I see no way Miller doesn't start.

Agreed.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 02:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I see no way Miller doesn't start.

Heard Jay Morrison (I think?) say on the radio today that they worked Price at guard the other day in camp. I'm *pretty* sure he said at RG specifically, but I'm not 100%.

Probably nothing, but some food for thought at least. Can't say I've noticed Miller much at all this preseason (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).
Reply/Quote