Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transexual threatens to send a fellow show guest home in an ambulance
(07-18-2015, 04:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: and I am sure it is. With 20,000 genes, it's hard to figure out which one(s) are related to traits that are not physical/visible. Geneticists are looking for that and many other genes.

Yeah they can only find the ones related to heart disease, asthma, cancer, diabetes, and psychiatric conditions.
(07-18-2015, 04:16 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Former psychiatrist in chief at Johns Hopkins would disagree with that... Says it's akin to an eating disorder like bulimia.     Aren't transexuals more likely to have an eating disorder?  Which would be a mental issue.   And one mental issue opens up the potential for others.    

Mental health is a serious issue.   Still so much we don't know.

I think folks take issue when you call it an "illness". Your use of the word disorder is appropriate. There are those that claim it is the genes and there are those that claim it occurs simply in the brain. Obviously, in the discussion linked in the OP Dr Drew believes, as do I, that it occurs in the brain.

I have no issue using female pronouns to address a male that identifies as a woman. Shapiro was going the shock route and it worked. He man the transgender person seem intolerant.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-18-2015, 01:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I respect these people .  I just won't champion them like they actually went through some great feat.   They went through life .   Everyone has their own battles, it's unfair and unreasonable to champion one person's battle over another.

It's not necessarily unfair or unreasonable to champion one over another if
Group A- courageously battles while not being ridiculed or physically attacked, and
Group B- courageously battles while being ridiculed and/or physically attacked.

That's not to speak directly about Jenner because i don't know that i would call that situation as courageous as another. I'm talking about the blanket statement that it's unfair and unreasonable to champion one over the other.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(07-18-2015, 04:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think by any objective standard, he was trying to be confrontational and a dick. There's being blunt, there's getting your point across with some modicum of tact and there's what he did. 

I couldn't give two shits either way, as far as the debate goes. I've given thoughts in the past and i'm sure i'll continue to. Speaking directly towards the actions of the two, Shapiro was being a dick and Tur responded inappropriately. 

Two wrongs.

Agreed.

My only thought was that maybe he was supposed to be provocative in the interview.
(07-18-2015, 04:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Agreed.  

My only thought was that maybe he was supposed to be provocative in the interview.

Of course he was and he made Zur look like an absolute hypocrite.

(07-18-2015, 03:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Find me the gay/transexual Gene in the DNA

If they are made that way then it will be in there.

Can you show me that it isn't there?
(07-18-2015, 05:08 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Can you show me that it isn't there?

Are you actually asking someone to show you the absence of something?

OK. Here it isn't:

(07-18-2015, 05:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you actually asking someone to show you the absence of something?

OK. Here it isn't:

Yes you can show that there is an absence of something.

But the point was that he was asking for something absurd, so I did the same.  Anything else I can clear up for you?
(07-18-2015, 05:21 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Yes you can show that there is an absence of something.

..and I did just that.

OK, we've solved this issue; on to the next.

(07-18-2015, 04:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah they can only find the ones related to heart disease, asthma, cancer, diabetes, and psychiatric conditions.

Like being gay, there are genes that geneticists BELIEVE are related to these things, but not all of these things have a gene that has been identified.

There's also not a consensus on what causes most mental illnesses either. There are various camps that argue biology, behavior, and other causes.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-18-2015, 05:21 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Yes you can show that there is an absence of something.

But the point was that he was asking for something absurd, so I did the same.  Anything else I can clear up for you?

Not absurd at all. Find me the genetic link in dna showing its "how they were born" Until they find it then it's not there. Science is about the facts and all. So as of now the facts show no dna link. There were a couple of suggestions but it's wasnt consistent.

This is the way to prove its naturally there .... Being a brain thing like bfine suggests, as I agree, then it's open to whether it was a choice due to nurture.
(07-18-2015, 06:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not absurd at all.   Find me the genetic link in dna showing its "how they were born"    Until they find it then it's not there.     Science is about the facts and all.   So as of now the facts show no dna link.   There were a couple of suggestions but it's wasnt consistent.    

This is the way to prove its naturally there ....  Being a brain thing like bfine suggests, as I agree, then it's open to whether it was a choice due to nurture.

Likewise, you have to prove its a choice.

Until we prove either, it's unknown. However, you're incorrect if you think there hasn't been evidence found when you say "the facts show no link", because that's not true.

(07-18-2015, 06:53 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Likewise, you have to prove its a choice.

Until we prove either, it's unknown. However, you're incorrect if you think there hasn't been evidence found when you say "the facts show no link", because that's not true.

Correct it is unknown. So it's false to say you were born with it .... Or born as a ....

There has been some suggestion in siblings dna but nothing conclusive. So until there is ... then there isn't
(07-18-2015, 06:53 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Likewise, you have to prove its a choice.

Choose:

[Image: Kate-Upton-6.jpg]

[Image: athleticmalemodelmuscularbodybleepmodels.jpg]

(07-18-2015, 07:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Choose:

[Image: Kate-Upton-6.jpg]

[Image: athleticmalemodelmuscularbodybleepmodels.jpg]

Choose for what? Do you want me to tell you which one I am attracted to?

I am attracted to Kate.

My turn: when did you choose to be straight?

(07-18-2015, 04:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think folks take issue when you call it an "illness". Your use of the word disorder is appropriate. There are those that claim it is the genes and there are those that claim it occurs simply in the brain. Obviously, in the discussion linked in the OP Dr Drew believes, as do I, that it occurs in the brain.

I have no issue using female pronouns to address a male that identifies as a woman. Shapiro was going the shock route and it worked. He man the transgender person seem intolerant.

Intolerant? Of?  Or is asking for respect from someone, not getting it and telling them about it intolerant in your world?

(07-18-2015, 04:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Agreed.  

(07-18-2015, 04:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course he was and he made Zur look like an absolute hypocrite.

Right.  Because the discussion was about how trans people never threaten anyone.  Oh, wait...that wasn't it at all.  

(07-18-2015, 07:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Choose for what? Do you want me to tell you which one I am attracted to?

I am attracted to Kate.

Time to dust this one off again...

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-18-2015, 07:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Choose for what? Do you want me to tell you which one I am attracted to?

I am attracted to Kate.

Around the time puberty hit.

(07-18-2015, 07:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Around the time puberty hit.

So, like, you were kinda not straight before that?  Good for you!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-18-2015, 07:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Intolerant? Of?  Or is asking for respect from someone, not getting it and telling them about it intolerant in your world?

Right.  Because the discussion was about how trans people never threaten anyone.  Oh, wait...that wasn't it at all.  

OK. I'll explain.

Tur was pointing to the bravery. She even mentioned how she had braved such things as being shot at and stabbed (things that might put you in an ambulance). Then less than a minute later she threatens to put someone in an ambulance.

She basically turned herself into the ones she railed against and turned Shapiro into the brave one that stood up to threats.

Get it now?

(07-18-2015, 07:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: So, like, you were kinda not straight before that?  Good for you!

Never gave it much thought prior to that. How about you?