Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transexual threatens to send a fellow show guest home in an ambulance
(07-18-2015, 09:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You said it was weird that I was not attracted to girls until puberty. I apologize that I did not posses the attraction to the opposite sex that you did coming out of the womb.

I did answer your question when I said this:

Early in my childhood my room was covered by KISS (the band) posters and my closet was filled with trading cards; there was no thought of sexual attraction to girls. I hope this makes it seem less weird to you.

Like Dino said: We all made choices. I just ask that you be a little more tolerant of the fact that it took me a little longer to lust after the opposite sex (maybe my dopamine is slower than yours). Who knows, maybe my adolescent mind was more obsessed with sports than girls as a child.

I thought it was pretty obvious that I was joking when I said again that I thought it was weird. I was acting as many who are opposed to gay people act.

Any ways, if I am reading this correctly, you're telling me you never chose to be straight, it just clicked in your brain.

So we all agree sexual orientation isn't a choice?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-18-2015, 09:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ok let me lay something out.   And the question posed is this:  could this be a reasonable set of circumstances.....    

Ok young man grows up hanging with his mates ....   As they get older he and his mates start feeling sexual feelings they go with their societal standard roles of looking for women.    His mates all have success with girls and get girlfriends....  Yet this young man can't seem to have any luck.    He spends night after night by himself because his mates are with their girlfriends and he doesn't have one.    So he starts hanging out with other guys who also have not had much success.     They bond and become close, so close they share feelings and inner thoughts of insecurity.    They develop a strong bond and become emotionally connected .   Having never felt this before they assume it's love.    And start to treat each other in a romantic way due to hornones raging inside and the need to let them out.  

Is this person gay?  And if so are they gay out of choice or necessity?   Or are they confused because they never learned how to have a proper relationship with a woman...

We had a group of dudes like this at my high school that had zero success with girls....we called them "the brass section."

Seriously though, in your example, if a dude still likes women but becomes sexually active with a guy, he's definitely living a homosexual lifestyle.  Is he gay naturally? Not if he's into chicks and only boning dudes because masturbation somehow doesn't work for him.  This dude is gay by choice, not by nature, like most gays.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(07-18-2015, 09:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I thought it was pretty obvious that I was joking when I said again that I thought it was weird. I was acting as many who are opposed to gay people act.

Any ways, if I am reading this correctly, you're telling me you never chose to be straight, it just clicked in your brain.

So we all agree sexual orientation isn't a choice?

Often people say they were "joking" when they try to excuse the hateful things they say; but yeah, I should have figured it out when you said it twice.

I am telling you my brain released a chemical that attracted me to girls (not as early as yours). I chose to act on that process; I could have chosen other routes. So yeah, I chose to pursue a life of straight sexual activity.

You'll have to get with your BFF about the "we all agree" part.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-18-2015, 09:25 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: We had a group of dudes like this at my high school that had zero success with girls....we called them "the brass section."

Seriously though, in your example, if a dude still likes women but becomes sexually active with a guy, he's definitely living a homosexual lifestyle.  Is he gay naturally? Not if he's into chicks and only boning dudes because masturbation somehow doesn't work for him.  This dude is gay by choice, not by nature, like most gays.

See this is where I think it can be called into question. Are they naturally gay? There is no gene in their dna that says so.... So is it a product of enviornment? We all know lots of hormones are flying when we are at that age .... And for some they just don't get that outlet. And I'm not talking about just busting a load . I'm talking an emotional connection with someone. We all have fallen hard for a girl. It's like a right of passage otw to becoming a man.

This is the type of stuff that make me question. Is it just the body compensating and getting what it needs emotionally? If so the body/mind can convince you.
(07-18-2015, 09:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So we all agree sexual orientation isn't a choice?

no we do not agree. I showed exactly the type of example where it's a choice.
(07-18-2015, 09:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: no we do not agree.   I showed exactly the type of example where it's a choice.

Look at it this way...you could choose to bone a dude, but I don't that's going to make you like it.  If it's something that arouses you, then you're gay. If it is something that disgusts you, then you're not gay, you just did some gay things.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(07-18-2015, 09:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Often people say they were "joking" when they try to excuse the hateful things they say; but yeah, I should have figured it out when you said it twice.

I am telling you my brain released a chemical that attracted me to girls (not as early as yours). I chose to act on that process; I could have chosen other routes. So yeah, I chose to pursue a life of straight sexual activity.

You'll have to get with your BFF about the "we all agree" part.

No one is arguing over whether or not we chose to have sex. That's a physical action. We choose to act or not act.

When people argue choice or born, they're arguing about the sexual attraction itself.

You're telling me that the mental attraction you have is a result of a chemical release in your brain. So what you're telling me is that you never chose to be attracted to only girls, it just happened to click one day as puberty hit. You just are clarifying that every time you act on this innate attraction, you make a choice whether or not to act physically?

Or are you telling me that you also have sexual attractions to men, you just chose to not act on them?

I think you realize the hole you put yourself in (no pun intended), you just don't want to admit it

I'm not sure if he actually realizes that he just admitted that he never chose to be straight

(07-18-2015, 09:51 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Look at it this way...you could choose to bone a dude, but I don't that's going to make you like it.  If it's something that arouses you, then you're gay. If it is something that disgusts you, then you're not gay, you just did some gay things.

Would you agree you can be conditioned to enjoy and be aroused? What if that's your only choice and after a while you just don't bother trying another way because your fulfilled by a dude... If you can be conditioned to like it then it's a choice. Take away all women then we have more gays. It's about filling the emotional and physical needs.... If it's natural to be gay then the amount of gays would exist.
(07-18-2015, 09:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm not sure if he actually realizes that he just admitted that he never chose to be straight

I'm saying there is a natural connection to be with the opposite sex ... As Mother Nature intended to have children and maintain humanity. For those of us who have success then we have no need to turn to dudes. But if we are lacking the ability to emotionally and physically connect with a woman we connect with whoever is close. So maybe they make a choice to be gay but it's not a choice because when they are impressionable they have no other option and the seeds been planted.
(07-18-2015, 10:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Would you agree you can be conditioned to enjoy and be aroused?   What if that's your only choice and after a while you just don't bother trying another way because your fulfilled by a dude...    If you can be conditioned to like it then it's a choice.     Take away all women then we have more gays.   It's about filling the emotional and physical needs....     If it's natural to be gay then the amount of gays would exist.

Anyone can chose to act any way. We're discussing your innate attraction.

Some gay men live decades with a wife and kids because they're afraid of anything else, but then come out. I wouldn't call them straight If they were always attracted to men.

ill pose this question: when did you chose to not be gay?

(07-18-2015, 09:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No one is arguing over whether or not we chose to have sex. That's a physical action. We choose to act or not act.

When people argue choice or born, they're arguing about the sexual attraction itself.

You're telling me that the mental attraction you have is a result of a chemical release in your brain. So what you're telling me is that you never chose to be attracted to only girls, it just happened to click one day as puberty hit. You just are clarifying that every time you act on this innate attraction,  you make a choice whether or not to act physically?

Or are you telling me that you also have sexual attractions to men, you just chose to not act on them?

I think you realize the hole you put yourself in (no pun intended), you just don't want to admit it

Dopamine is powerful stuff. Bfine has a point.

You can do a lot to people if your aware of how to give them a dopamine release. And it directs those feelings of lust, sex, eTC.
(07-18-2015, 10:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I'm saying there is a natural connection to be with the opposite sex ...  As Mother Nature intended to have children and maintain humanity.    For those of us who have success then we have no need to turn to dudes.     But if we are lacking the ability to emotionally and physically connect with a woman we connect with whoever is close.    So maybe they make a choice to be gay but it's not a choice because when they are impressionable they have no other option and the seeds been planted.

So you're suggesting that heterosexual attraction is natural/genetic, but homosexual is the result of some environmental stressor that causes someone to turn gay because it's the only way they can have a relationship?

Explain why I'm straight and my brother is gay. We grew up in the same house . We had the same parents. We lead a seemingly identical life. As a teen, he began to like boys. I liked girls.

Some people go well into their 20s as virgins but don't turn gay. How can teens be gay that early in their sexual maturation?

(07-18-2015, 10:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Dopamine is powerful stuff.   Bfine has a point.  

You can do a lot to people if your aware of how to give them a dopamine release.    And it directs those feelings of lust, sex, eTC.

You're missing something critical: why is that lust towards women and not men?

I do not deny that our brains are responsible for our attractions. That's my arguments as a"born that way" person. I'm asking about the root of either being heterosexual or homosexual.

Unless he also lusts after men but chooses not to act on it, he never chose to be straight, he just is.

(07-18-2015, 10:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So you're suggesting that heterosexual attraction is natural/genetic, but homosexual is  the result of some environmental stressor that causes someone to turn gay because it's the only way they can have a relationship?

Explain why I'm straight and my brother is gay. We grew up in the same house . We had the same parents. We lead a seemingly identical life. As a teen, he began to like boys. I liked girls.

Some people go well into their 20s as virgins but don't turn gay. How can teens be gay that early in their sexual maturation?

Same with my twin boys. One was 100% women. No questions, doubts or maybes. 
The other is attracted to male and female alike, with no preference. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(07-18-2015, 10:07 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Anyone can chose to act any way. We're discussing your innate attraction.

Some gay men live decades with a wife and kids because they're afraid of anything else, but then come out. I wouldn't call them straight If they were always attracted to men.

ill pose this question: when did you chose to not be gay?

Freshman year of college I was tired after workouts and was dozing on my bed and our neighbor came in and started giving me a shoulder rub. Certainly woke me right up and I informed him that I don't bang dudes. So he stopped. My roommate certainly found this hilarious.

Other than that I don't remember ever getting the opportunity to bang any dudes. So that's the time I chose to not be gay.

Was a nice guy. Always helpful and had a good soul.
(07-18-2015, 10:16 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Freshman year of college I was tired after workouts and was dozing on my bed and our neighbor came in and started giving me a shoulder rub.    Certainly woke me right up and I informed him that I don't bang dudes.   So he stopped.    My roommate certainly found this hilarious.  

Other than that I don't remember ever getting the opportunity to bang any dudes.   So that's the time I chose to not be gay.  

Was a nice guy.  Always helpful and had a good soul.

You knew well before his hands touched your shoulders. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(07-18-2015, 10:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You're missing something critical: why is that lust towards women and not men?

I do not deny that our brains are responsible for our attractions. That's my arguments as a"born that way" person. I'm asking about the root of either being heterosexual or homosexual.

Unless he also lusts after men but chooses not to act on it, he never chose to be straight, he just is.

Your assuming they have a choice between a girl and a guy. What if their only choice is a guy? Because they can't figure out how to be successful with women. When you take women out of the equation as a choice.... It's still a choice for the person. They just are not able to give themselves all the choices.
(07-18-2015, 10:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You knew well before his hands touched your shoulders. 

Yes but I was never posed with the decision. Had no idea if I was or wasn't . I had no expierence with dudes in that way.
(07-18-2015, 10:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So you're suggesting that heterosexual attraction is natural/genetic, but homosexual is  the result of some environmental stressor that causes someone to turn gay because it's the only way they can have a relationship?

Well I would need to know how much success he had at an early age with women as he was going through puberty. I think that's the key in all this stuff.

Being a virgin has nothing to do with why I'm talking about.... I think that emotional connection is the lynchpin. And I think if it happens early enough then you develop a taste for that type of relationship with a man.

I can tell you that I love my best friend. But I can't form that emotional connection with him, even in a nonsexual way. Just as two dudes respecting each other and counting on each other.

I contest that we learn to form these relationships at a young age and that predisposes us to the type of relationships we have.