Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transexual threatens to send a fellow show guest home in an ambulance
(07-18-2015, 02:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I don't devalue those at all.   I just think all struggle has the same value because to the person who is struggling that seems like a mountain.      

Even what may seem to be the smallest struggles could be leading to another greater obstacle and if these obstacles aren't met could have serious mental ramifications.    

That's why I don't put one person's struggles ahead of another's.

Mitt Romney "struggled" while in college.  So he sold some stocks his daddy gave him.

I "struggled" while in college so I worked two jobs while attending full time.

Those struggles are equal?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
This was what came to mind. Someone who wants attention and so they verbally bully someone and then cries when there is a retaliation.

"tad insensitive" Mellow
(07-18-2015, 03:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: This was what came to mind.  Someone who wants attention and so they verbally bully someone and then cries when there is a retaliation.

"tad insensitive" Mellow

Haha...I haven't seen that.
(07-18-2015, 03:27 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Haha...I haven't seen that.

Way back in 1994.  Might as well have been the stone-age internet wise.  Maybe bronze age?   Smirk
(07-18-2015, 03:13 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: What "choices"?

That gets into the whole nature vs nurture debate. And how/if that affects us.
(07-18-2015, 03:12 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So to you, hostile is threatening to kill them, not calling them mentally ill freak shows?

Just want to make sure I got it right

we have a freak show culture that's why realty TV is popular.

And there are some who believe there are some mental issues with transexuals. So that's not an insult but just addressing someone's valid assertions.
(07-18-2015, 02:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: One works for "Inside Edition" the other is the Breitbart Editor-at-Large.

Which one didn't know your chromosomes make you male or female?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-18-2015, 03:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That gets into the whole nature vs nurture debate.    And how/if that affects us.

Does it?  I don't think it does.
(07-18-2015, 03:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Which one didn't know your chromosomes make you male or female?

I don't believe that was was she meant.  Rather, as the entire conversation went back and forth, that it what the person identifies with. Or, as she stated sometime the chromosomes are messed up.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/07/17/inside_editions_zoe_tur_threatens_to_send_breitbarts_ben_shapiro_home_in_an_ambulance_over_jenner_debate.html

Quote:ZOEY TUR: Good try... Did she deserve the honor? Probably not. Is she brave? Of course she’s brave. All those years invested as the sports legend, to come out transgender is horribly difficult. It is the most difficult thing you can do. I’ve been overseas, I’ve flown helicopter missions, surveillance missions, I’ve been shot, stabbed. Being brave is being yourself. And being transgender is about the bravest thing you can do.

BEN SHAPIRO, BREITBART.COM: Why are we mainstreaming delusion?

SAMANTHA SCHACHER: Why would you call it a delusion?

SHAPIRO: Because, Bruce — Caitlyn Jenner, I’ll call him Caitlyn Jenner because that's what–

SCHACHER: No, it’s her, you’re not being polite to the pronouns, it’s disrespectful.

SHAPIRO: Okay, forget about the disrespect, facts don’t care about your feelings. It, turns out that every chromosome, every cell in Caitlyn Jenner’s body, is male, with the exception of some of his sperm cells. … It turns out that he still has all of his male appendages. How he feels on the inside is irrelevant to the question of his biological self.

ODUOLOWU: I don't agree with that, I am not on that train... She wants to be called she, I’m going to call her she. I just have a problem with the message and the messenger.

ZOEY TUR: We both know chromosomes don’t necessarily mean you’re male or female....You have a thing like Klinefelter’s syndrome. So, [pointing to Shapiro] you don’t know what you’re talking about, you’re not educated on genetics.

SHAPIRO: What are your genetics, sir?

DREW PINSKY, HOST: I’d stay away from the genetics and back to the brain scans.

ZOEY TUR: You cut that out now, or you’ll go home in an ambulance.

SHAPIRO: That seems mildly inappropriate for a political discussion... 

TUR: You are being rude. 

SHAPIRO: I’m sorry, it’s not rude to say that someone who’s biologically a male is a male.

ZOEY TUR: You just called me a "sir."

SHAPIRO: Someone who is biologically male is a male... it is not a matter of insulting of inflammatory. It’s a fact. You are a male. Dr. Drew is a male... It’s not a matter of aggressively insulting. … The entire discussion is whether we are embracing mental illness and delusion as a society, that’s the entire discussion.

But lets play the game that she is just dumb.  And?  That excuses the other guy for being verbally rude and then act with shock...SHOCK I tell you...that the other peson fired back?
(07-18-2015, 03:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: "tad insensitive".?

No, he attempted to unprofessionally humiliate and insult someone because he's has no actual argument against how trans people live their lives.

Btw, you're continuing to show your hostility by referring to her as a "dude".

Dude isnt a hostile word. Unless you plan on adding it to the vocabulary list of not allowed words.

I say dude because it's quite ridiculous you get this upset over it's use. I stopped using ***** out of respect to your feelings on this matter. But I will not stop using the word dude. And it's quite acceptable to use the language associated with their parts. When jenner gets they chop then I will call him a she. Given that the chances I ever meet him are slim to none I doubt any of this matters.

Maybe you should spend less time labeling people and worrying about playing vocabulary police. You waste so much time arguing over words instead of actual substance.

Now back to the substance .... Yes I said Shapiro was a bit insensitive.... But that doesn't mean you use bad behavior in response to bad behavior. He should have just let it roll off his back and made a joke. Instead of grabbing shapiro's neck and threatening him with violence. That's the difference between being a professional vs a hack.
(07-18-2015, 03:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: I don't believe that was was she meant.  Rather, as the entire conversation went back and forth, that it what the person identifies with.  Or, as she stated sometime the chromosomes are messed up.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/07/17/inside_editions_zoe_tur_threatens_to_send_breitbarts_ben_shapiro_home_in_an_ambulance_over_jenner_debate.html

But lets play the game that she is just dumb.  And?  That excuses the other guy for being verbally rude and then act with shock...SHOCK I tell you...that the other peson fired back?

Wow, he called her mentally ill and delusional, too. What an ass.

Btw, Lucie, it is insulting to say someone is mentally ill just because you disagree with how they live their life.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-18-2015, 03:41 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Does it?  I don't think it does.

Quite so. But that's another whole debate.
(07-18-2015, 03:47 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Wow, he called her mentally ill and delusional, too. What an ass.

Btw, Lucie, it is insulting to say someone is mentally ill just because you disagree with how they live their life.

Mental illness is quite common and many Americans suffer.    Not just transexuals or anyone with an alternate lifestyle.    

Fact is the jury is still out on all this and can't be discounted.

You should watch the video of the exchange. Instead of you know .... Blindly defending this guy.
(07-18-2015, 03:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Quite so.    But that's another whole debate.

Please continue.
(07-18-2015, 03:51 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Please continue.

Find me the gay/transexual Gene in the DNA

If they are made that way then it will be in there.
(07-18-2015, 03:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Mental illness is quite common and many Americans suffer.    Not just transexuals or anyone with an alternate lifestyle.    

Fact is the jury is still out on all this and can't be discounted.

You should watch the video of the exchange.  Instead of you know .... Blindly defending this guy.

Actually, the jury is not out. The APA says it is not a mental illness.

Also, will the video somehow make it ok for this man to call her "sir", refer to Caitlyn Jenner as "him", or call trans people "mentally ill" and "delusional". I doubt it.

(07-18-2015, 03:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Find me the gay/transexual Gene in the DNA

If they are made that way then it will be in there.

and I am sure it is. With 20,000 genes, it's hard to figure out which one(s) are related to traits that are not physical/visible. Geneticists are looking for that and many other genes.

(07-18-2015, 04:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Actually, the jury is not out. The APA says it is not a mental illness.

Also, will the video somehow make it ok for this man to call her "sir", refer to Caitlyn Jenner as "him", or call trans people "mentally ill" and "delusional". I doubt it.

Former psychiatrist in chief at Johns Hopkins would disagree with that... Says it's akin to an eating disorder like bulimia. Aren't transexuals more likely to have an eating disorder? Which would be a mental issue. And one mental issue opens up the potential for others.

Mental health is a serious issue. Still so much we don't know.
(07-18-2015, 04:16 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Former psychiatrist in chief at Johns Hopkins would disagree with that... Says it's akin to an eating disorder like bulimia.     Aren't transexuals more likely to have an eating disorder?  Which would be a mental issue.   And one mental issue opens up the potential for others.    

Mental health is a serious issue.   Still so much we don't know.

I'm sure there are lone dissenters to the consensus of the APA on a number of things. Hell, a former Johns Hopkins brain surgeon thinks prison makes you gay and that evolution isn't real.

(07-18-2015, 09:53 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ofc I would post it....  It's ridiculous.    

Shapiro was just being blunt.   The other dude just got upset because Shapiro called it as it was...

I think by any objective standard, he was trying to be confrontational and a dick. There's being blunt, there's getting your point across with some modicum of tact and there's what he did. 

I couldn't give two shits either way, as far as the debate goes. I've given thoughts in the past and i'm sure i'll continue to. Speaking directly towards the actions of the two, Shapiro was being a dick and Tur responded inappropriately. 

Two wrongs.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."