Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transexual threatens to send a fellow show guest home in an ambulance
(07-18-2015, 01:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I respect these people .  I just won't champion them like they actually went through some great feat.   They went through life .   Everyone has their own battles, it's unfair and unreasonable to champion one person's battle over another.

Please, tell us your battles for acceptance we will gladly trumpet them for you!  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-18-2015, 01:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: Please, tell us your battles for acceptance we will gladly trumpet them for you!  

has happened all my life. As it has for everyone.

This is not a secret.
(07-18-2015, 01:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you suggesting he might be mentally ill?

I wouldn't say "mentally ill", but he's definitely hung up a bit on it.  Even if I were, I agree with him that transgender people have a mental issue that causes their feelings.  I just don't see why these people should be shamed so much for their "mental illness" that hurts no one.

(07-18-2015, 01:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I respect these people .  I just won't champion them like they actually went through some great feat.   They went through life .   Everyone has their own battles, it's unfair and unreasonable to champion one person's battle over another.

Well, you definitely don't act like you respect them.  Any time that the issue has been brought up, you seem to have had a lot of disgust and anger toward them, and you speak about them in a hugely disrespectful manner.  I guess we'll have to disagree with championing their battles.  I think all people who overcome huge obstacles should be given some credit for that, especially when the obstacles that they overcome are obstacles that all people like them have to overcome.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-18-2015, 01:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: has happened all my life.  As it has for everyone.    

This is not a secret.

I'm sorry that you had to fight for acceptance in one way or another.  As a straight, white, skinny, middle-class male, who was raised as a Christian, I haven't had to overcome much when it comes to being accepted.  I don't know how it feels to fight for acceptance.

I'd actually like to hear of your fights for acceptance.  Not because I'm trying to tease you about it, but because I think it's good to hear what others have had to overcome in life.  It makes you appreciate not having to overcome those things a bit more.
LFG  

(07-18-2015, 02:16 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I wouldn't say "mentally ill", but he's definitely hung up a bit on it.  Even if I were, I agree with him that transgender people have a mental issue that causes their feelings.  I just don't see why these people should be shamed so much for their "mental illness" that hurts no one.

Well, you definitely don't act like you respect them.  Any time that the issue has been brought up, you seem to have had a lot of disgust and anger toward them, and you speak about them in a hugely disrespectful manner.  I guess we'll have to disagree with championing their battles.  I think all people who overcome huge obstacles should be given some credit for that, especially when the obstacles that they overcome are obstacles that all people like them have to overcome.

Huge obstacles are a big deal JC. I just think we all have those battles and its not right to put one over the other. We all question ourselves and we are forced to power through.

The only reason I "react" with some of this stuff is that everytime the topic comes up it seems there is a new vocabulary list of names. Heck RG and pat have posted so many lists that's it's just beyond the pale. That's the stuff I make light of .... Because it's ridiculous. Not the people. I think they have some serious demons and problems and I hope they get through it all the best they can.
(07-18-2015, 02:23 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'm sorry that you had to fight for acceptance in one way or another.  As a straight, white, skinny, middle-class male, who was raised as a Christian, I haven't had to overcome much when it comes to being accepted.  I don't know how it feels to fight for acceptance.

I'd actually like to hear of your fights for acceptance.  Not because I'm trying to tease you about it, but because I think it's good to hear what others have had to overcome in life.  It makes you appreciate not having to overcome those things a bit more.

I'm fully behind this.
It also helps you appreciate a person, much more.
It may even help change a persons opinion on another, whom they may have already passed judgment upon irrationally.
(a lot of that in a forum like this)
However, I also appreciate when a person wants to keep it to themselves.
I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.
(07-18-2015, 02:11 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Haha Ikr.
You know I'm being sarcastic right?
(07-18-2015, 09:53 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote:    

Shapiro was just being blunt.   The other dude just got upset because Shapiro called it as it was...
Lol so being an asshole is just being "blunt" ?   Reminds me of the Dave Chappelle shows "when keepin it real goes bad" Lol.
(07-18-2015, 09:56 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The joke that the comments were funny?
You do know that I'm laughing AT those idiots and not WITH those idiots right?
(07-18-2015, 10:06 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Maybe he was ....

Maybe?  LMAO
(07-18-2015, 02:23 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'm sorry that you had to fight for acceptance in one way or another.  As a straight, white, skinny, middle-class male, who was raised as a Christian, I haven't had to overcome much when it comes to being accepted.  I don't know how it feels to fight for acceptance.

You mock me because you devalue any fight to overcome obstacles unless it has to do with skin color or sexuality.

Just think of any time in your life where you have tried to be accepted in a group. New school, new neighborhood, joining/making a team, achieve any goal.... Start a business, battle with exercise/diet, be challenged in your faith, or lack of faith, being picked on, asking that girl out for the first time, .... You may not think these are a big deal in hindsight, but they were at the time.

Some deal with things that are even more serious .... Suicide, cancer/health issues, mental health issues, domestic violence....

Everyone has several stories on overcoming. I just think those matter as well.
(07-18-2015, 02:32 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: You know I'm being sarcastic right?
Lol so being an asshole is just being "blunt" ?   Reminds me of the Dave Chappelle shows "when keepin it real goes bad" Lol.
You do know that I'm laughing AT those idiots and not WITH those idiots right?

Maybe?  LMAO

Why is there a question? Aren't most comment sections full of idiots?

This whole story is Ridiculous. That guy is a media persob yet allows himself to come off unprofessional by threatening another guest with violence. Obviously Shapiro was brought in the be provocative and was doing just that.... Why this dude didn't know this is beyond me.
(07-18-2015, 02:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why is there a question?  Aren't most comment sections full of idiots?

This whole story is Ridiculous.   That guy is a media persob yet allows himself to come off unprofessional by threatening another guest with violence.    Obviously Shapiro was brought in the be provocative and was doing just that....    Why this dude didn't know this is beyond me.

It's cute when you try to act naïve.
(07-18-2015, 02:46 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: It's cute when you try to act naïve.

Kinda like you drawing conclusions based on what you think I think.
(07-18-2015, 02:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Kinda like you drawing conclusions based on what you think I think.

Nah...just on what you're posting.
(07-18-2015, 02:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You mock me because you devalue any fight to overcome obstacles unless it has to do with skin color or sexuality.    

This statement is ignorant and false.  If I mock you, it's because you're a conservative elitist who devalues wny struggle that has to do with race or sexuality.
LFG  

(07-18-2015, 02:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why is there a question?  Aren't most comment sections full of idiots?

This whole story is Ridiculous.   That guy is a media persob yet allows himself to come off unprofessional by threatening another guest with violence.    Obviously Shapiro was brought in the be provocative and was doing just that....    Why this dude didn't know this is beyond me.

One works for "Inside Edition" the other is the Breitbart Editor-at-Large.

Shapiro came off like an ass and was treated as such.

Sorry if his manly self couldn't take a verbal warning from someone in a dress!   Rolleyes
(07-18-2015, 02:53 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: This statement is ignorant and false.  If I mock you, it's because you're a conservative elitist who devalues wny struggle that has to do with race or sexuality.

I don't devalue those at all. I just think all struggle has the same value because to the person who is struggling that seems like a mountain.

Even what may seem to be the smallest struggles could be leading to another greater obstacle and if these obstacles aren't met could have serious mental ramifications.

That's why I don't put one person's struggles ahead of another's.
(07-18-2015, 02:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: One works for "Inside Edition" the other is the Breitbart Editor-at-Large.

Shapiro came off like an ass and was treated as such.

Sorry if his manly self couldn't take a verbal warning from someone in a dress!   Rolleyes

I guess grabbing his neck didn't matter?

Shapiro handled it like a pro. Yeah he was a tad insensitive but I am sure they wanted that point of view given the fact the black guy agreed with him.

What's more shocking is why that dude from inside edition wasnt more cool and collected. I am sure he has faced someone in his life who didn't agree with him choices.
(07-18-2015, 01:36 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I'm not hostile.   And there is some concern it could be a mental problem.    So it's fair play to mention.  

You make it out like I said to hunt them down and burn them at the stake.

So to you, hostile is threatening to kill them, not calling them mentally ill freak shows?

Just want to make sure I got it right
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-18-2015, 03:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I guess grabbing his neck didn't matter?  

Shapiro handled it like a pro.   Yeah he was a tad insensitive but I am sure they wanted that point of view given the fact the black guy agreed with him.    

What's more shocking is why that dude from inside edition wasnt more cool and collected.   I am sure he has faced someone in his life who didn't agree with him choices.

What "choices"?
(07-18-2015, 03:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I guess grabbing his neck didn't matter?  

Shapiro handled it like a pro.   Yeah he was a tad insensitive but I am sure they wanted that point of view given the fact the black guy agreed with him.    

What's more shocking is why that dude from inside edition wasnt more cool and collected.   I am sure he has faced someone in his life who didn't agree with him choices.

What ISN'T shocking is that someone associated with Breitbart has a one track mind and sensitivity at all.

"tad insensitive".?

No, he attempted to unprofessionally humiliate and insult someone because he's has no actual argument against how trans people live their lives.

Btw, you're continuing to show your hostility by referring to her as a "dude".
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]