Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question
(04-24-2016, 05:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Guess so. 

Well, that's about a non-response as one can give.

Solid post.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-24-2016, 04:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why did NC feel the need to pass the law?

Reelection.

Same reason Republicans at the federal level keep wasting millions on Obamacare repeal votes they know wont pass, or at the state level, Tennessee lawmakers trying to make the bible the state book.

It's pandering.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-24-2016, 07:10 PM)Benton Wrote: Reelection.

Same reason Republicans at the federal level keep wasting millions on Obamacare repeal votes they know wont pass, or at the state level, Tennessee lawmakers trying to make the bible the state book.

It's pandering.

Why didn't they pass the law last election cycle?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(04-24-2016, 07:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why didn't they pass the law last election cycle?

They had a different group to use to prove their morality?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-24-2016, 07:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why didn't they pass the law last election cycle?

Because Charlotte hadnt passed a local ordinance saying you can't discriminate based on sex in public places or vehicles. Republican lawmakers said "wtf!? Cities want to have equality laws? %*@$ that $#@%!"

So they passed hb2, which approves discriminating based on sex. It also, and this is the real reason for the passage, prohibits cities from passing minimum wage ordinances.

GOP, big guvermint.
(04-24-2016, 11:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Plus there are certain types of harassment and behavior that is very offensive towards transgenders that does not cross the line of being illegal.

Could you expand upon this, please ?
I'm not contesting, merely curious.
(04-24-2016, 04:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Forcing transgender people to suffer the possible harrasment and even acts of physical violence they face from using the wrong bathroom is a punishment.

And what is the big difference between a physical disability and a mental disorder?  Why is it acceptable to accommodate one and not the other?

Based on what you have posted here it seems that you enjoy making fun of people with mental disorders.  Do you do the same with the physically handicapped?
Yea Fred. Good spin. Love making fun of them. If enough people talked about it you would probably be all for letting someone wuth a severe bipolar disorder file two tax returns.

Would you let someone physically handicap watch your kids? Or would you pick the one with mental illness? Of course it is hard to tell if you are playing dumb sometimes, sometimes i just dont know.

Cant believe we dont let people with mental disorders have their second amendment right.. Whats up with that? Amiright? Old joe with one leg can buy a gun. But crazy kenny cant. What a load of shit huh fred?

Forcing the general population to be subject to laws giving people with mental illness special privilages is the real punishment here. And having it jammed down our throats like it is a new normal.

Just because you are crazy and the voice in your head told you to skin the neighbors dog doesnt mean we have to make a law that lets you do whatever the voices tell you.
(04-24-2016, 08:12 PM)Benton Wrote: Because Charlotte hadnt passed a local ordinance saying you can't discriminate based on sex in public places or vehicles. Republican lawmakers said "wtf!? Cities want to have equality laws? %*@$ that $#@%!"

So they passed hb2, which approves discriminating based on sex. It also, and this is the real reason for the passage, prohibits cities from passing minimum wage ordinances.

GOP, big guvermint.

So the state responded to a law passed by a city.

It appears you are not a fan of "big guvermint", how far down do you think laws should be enacted without repercussions? 

(04-24-2016, 11:36 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Forcing the general population to be subject to laws giving people with mental illness special privilages is the real punishment here. And having it jammed down our throats like it is a new normal.

The general population is not subject to this law at all.  They still get to use the bathroom of the sex they identify with.

Same old victim card Christians tried to play when they were "forced to be subject to" same sex marriage.

"We don't care if the law does not effect us.  We still should have the right to force our beliefs on everyone else."
(04-24-2016, 11:36 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Would you let someone physically handicap watch your kids? Or would you pick the one with mental illness? Of course it is hard to tell if you are playing dumb sometimes, sometimes i just dont know.

Cant believe we dont let people with mental disorders have their second amendment right.. Whats up with that? Amiright? Old joe with one leg can buy a gun. But crazy kenny cant. What a load of shit huh fred?

So you think homosexuals and transgender people should not be allowed to own guns?

Your level of ignorance is staggering.
(04-24-2016, 11:36 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yea Fred. Good spin. Love making fun of them.

Not Spin.  Just the truth.  

For example.  .  .  

(04-24-2016, 02:14 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Im a poop flinger. Just like monkeys and the people in prison. I dont care what bathroom im in. I just have to fling my poop. We are normal. Check the prisons we are many. We deserve to fling poop in peace. And do our bathroom stuff like everyone else. Ok i see your normal toilet. I dont fall in to standard catagories. I want to fling poop on the wall. Why are you judging me because i like to fling poop. I should be able to fling poop in any bathroom i choose. I have private parts i was born with. But they dont work like yours. Mine requires poop flinging. #poopflingingiznormal

#quithatingonselfmutilation
#bodydysmorphiaforthewin
#mentalillnessiscool

You are really proud of that post aren't you?
(04-25-2016, 04:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you think homosexuals and transgender people should not be allowed to own guns?

Your level of ignorance is staggering.
I didnt say that. But apparently you cant tell the difference between physical handicap and mental illness. Your arguements are getting really weak.
(04-25-2016, 06:16 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I didnt say that. But apparently you cant tell the difference between physical handicap and mental illness. Your arguements are getting really weak.

I can tell the difference.  But I don't make fun of EITHER of them.  And I don't discriminate against either of them either.

Your hate is showing.
(04-25-2016, 04:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not Spin.  Just the truth.  

For example.  .  .  

You are really proud of that post aren't you?

I guess the point i was trying to make went right over your head. Not surprised.

If we are making laws to give special privilages to people with mental illness why are we just limiting to people who think they are trapped in the wrong body? Screw it lets go all out. But you know it all. Where do we draw the line? Should we make drugs legal for drug addicts?
(04-25-2016, 06:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can tell the difference.  But I don't make fun of EITHER of them.  And I don't discriminate against either of them either.

Your hate is showing.

Like i said weak arguements. Blame it on my hate.
(04-25-2016, 06:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can tell the difference.  But I don't make fun of EITHER of them.  And I don't discriminate against either of them either.

Your hate is showing.

So you have no issues with a mentally handicapped person exercising their Second Amendment Rights? 

Just because you don't let folks do everything they want to do; doesn't mean you are discriminating them. The ironic thin with this is folks saying they are being discriminated based on sex; when they, themselves are denying their sex. 

(04-25-2016, 06:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you have no issues with a mentally handicapped person exercising their Second Amendment Rights? 

Just because you don't let folks do everything they want to do; doesn't mean you are discriminating them. 

All rights can be limited based on public interests.  I am in favor of that.  I have no problem with people who have an unreasonable fear of flying owning weapons.  But I do have a problem with people suffering from schizophrenia or delusions of persecution owning weapons.

In this case there is no balancing interest to keep transgenders people from being allowed to do the same thing everyone else does, i.e. using the public restroom of the sex they identify as.  So this is nothing but discrimination.

Unlike you I am able to make logical arguments based on facts instead of just trying to create strawmen.  So tell me, Bfine, do you think people who suffer from fear of flying should be barred from owning guns?  Can you answer your own question?
(04-25-2016, 06:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  The ironic thin with this is folks saying they are being discriminated based on sex; when they, themselves are denying their sex. 

No irony.  They are defining "sex" as the gender they identify as.

Trying to argue semantics doesn't make any difference in what is happening here, because your position would not change if they used the word "gender identification" instead of "sex".
(04-25-2016, 04:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The general population is not subject to this law at all.  They still get to use the bathroom of the sex they identify with.

Same old victim card Christians tried to play when they were "forced to be subject to" same sex marriage.

"We don't care if the law does not effect us.  We still should have the right to force our beliefs on everyone else."
The general population is subject to this law. Do they not use public bathrooms?

Its not a victim card. It is giving special privileges to a certain group of people. Who gets to be the judge on who is really transgender. The minimum wage worker trapped in a womens body isnt going to get the benefit of the doubt like a wealthy person who can gets plastic surgery and hormones. Like i said early in this thread i dont care. If you want to shit in the wrong bathroom have at it. The line gets drawn at showers and locker rooms.

The real victim card is being pulled by the mentally ill who are trying to say nature is wrong. And for some reason because they think nature is wrong we have to make laws to recognize their special beliefs. Sorry bub but that is a slippery slope. And like i have said where is the line drawn.
(04-25-2016, 06:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No irony.  They are defining "sex" as the gender they identify as.

Trying to argue semantics doesn't make any difference in what is happening here, because your position would not change if they used the word "gender identification" instead of "sex".

It appears "they" are playing the semantics game. We will consider a guy thinking he is a girl as sex because that is a protected class.

If I identify as African American, should I have access to the additional Educational benefits afforded the community and if not, aren't you discriminating against me based on my race?