Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender Girl Scout cookie sales
(02-24-2016, 06:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: OK. Makes perfect sense now.

Thanks.

Glad to know I have educated you a little.
(02-24-2016, 06:56 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Ok, I'm not religious but you are jaded.

When it comes to blind acceptance of religious texts, yes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-24-2016, 07:03 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: When it comes to blind acceptance of religious texts, yes.

What do you accept?
(02-24-2016, 07:22 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: What do you accept?

math.  scientific research and progress.  reality.

like I've said a million times on these boards, I don't really give a **** what religion someone wants to adhere to, until they want to push their beliefs on the rights of others to go about their lives.  want to believe in the boogie man, light candles and do the hokie pokie together?  have at it.  don't start telling me I can't put my left foot in first though, that's my business. 
(02-24-2016, 06:56 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I guess giving people a place to shit equates to shitting on their lives.

Ok, I'm not religious but you are jaded.

And you belief system is absolutely perfect right?

No he gave thousands of people a place to shit 'cuz jebus. Get it right.

The article that you reference is from 2012....
He has not redacted that he equated homosexuals that have sex as no better than animals statement. In fact he made a video and apologized for the reference.

I also informed you all right after Pat called me Manny that it was taken out of context, well guess what? The Full Video has been released and....

http://www.spin.ph/boxing/manny-pacquiao/news/tv5-comes-under-fire-after-spliced-video-cast-manny-pacquiao-in-a-bad-light

Liberals are so open-minded and accepting. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-24-2016, 07:30 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: math.  scientific research and progress that reflect my personal views.  reality.

like I've said a million times on these boards, I don't really give a **** what religion someone wants to adhere to, until they want to push their beliefs on the rights of others to go about their lives.  want to believe in the boogie man, light candles and do the hokie pokie together?  have at it.  don't start telling me I can't put my left foot in first though, that's my business. 

Fixed it for you, I've provided plenty of scientific research and math on quite a few of the "hot" topics on here, that I know went against your views.
(02-24-2016, 07:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Liberals are so open-minded and accepting. 

As long as you keep you're jebus love to yourself and don't condemn others as a result, have at it.  I'd say that's pretty open minded.  How else does the christian right need to be pampered in this country?
(02-24-2016, 07:38 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Fixed it for you, I've provided plenty of scientific research and math on quite a few of the "hot" topics on here, that I know went against your views.

i must have had my head up my ass praying to a virgin birth obama or something.  damn liberals.
(02-24-2016, 07:39 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: As long as you keep you're jebus love to yourself and don't condemn others as a result, have at it.  I'd say that's pretty open minded.  How else does the christian right need to be pampered in this country?

How does them condemning someone affect you? Are you afraid of the whole Heaven/Hell thing?
If you don't believe in religion, then anything they say shouldn't have any affect on you.

You seem to get pretty upset about it, instead of laughing it off and calling them crazies or simply ignore them.
(02-24-2016, 07:44 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: i must have had my head up my ass praying to a virgin birth obama or something.  damn liberals.

It was all on the old message boards. I don't think you were an active participant over there, but I will agree with you there, there is usually something up a Liberal's ass.
(02-24-2016, 07:46 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: How does them condemning someone affect you? Are you afraid of the whole Heaven/Hell thing?
If you don't believe in religion, then anything they say shouldn't have any affect on you.

You seem to get pretty upset about it, instead of laughing it off and calling them crazies or simply ignore them.

yes.  i'm terribly afraid that i will end up in the core of the earth, toiling away and pushing rocks up hills only for them to fall back on me.

i do get upset when someone who believes their virgin birth lord extolled virtures on them that should affect medical decisions in the present day.   im tired of accepting that people who are woefully proud of their own ignorance should have the right to dictate public policy.  

(02-24-2016, 07:49 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: It was all on the old message boards. I don't think you were an active participant over there, but I will agree with you there, there is usually something up a Liberal's ass.

I didn't touch PnR over there for lack of time for bible bashing backwoods baptist bafoonery.  I made a terrible mistake.    
(02-24-2016, 06:56 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I guess giving people a place to shit equates to shitting on their lives.

Ok, I'm not religious but you are jaded.

And you belief system is absolutely perfect right?

No he gave thousands of people a place to shit 'cuz jebus. Get it right.

The article that you reference is from 2012....
He has not redacted that he equated homosexuals that have sex as no better than animals statement. In fact he made a video and apologized for the reference.

I also informed you all right after Pat called me Manny that it was taken out of context, well guess what? The Full Video has been released and....

http://www.spin.ph/boxing/manny-pacquiao/news/tv5-comes-under-fire-after-spliced-video-cast-manny-pacquiao-in-a-bad-light

I wouldn't claim my belief system is perfect, but I don't tell people that the death of innocent people is justifiable because I believe in a mythical being that gets mad at their lifestyle choices that harm no one. 

I dont understand the morality in believing gay people should be killed. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-24-2016, 07:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Liberals are so open-minded and accepting. 

This argument is so lame.

In order to promote "acceptance" don't you HAVE TO oppose people who are not accepting?

How is it possible to be in favor of "acceptance" and not oppose people who are against acceptance?
(02-24-2016, 08:05 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I wouldn't claim my belief system is perfect, but I don't tell people that the death of innocent people is justifiable because I believe in a mythical being that gets mad at their lifestyle choices that harm no one. 

I dont understand the morality in believing gay people should be killed. 

He didn't say they should be killed. He said they should be saved.

Islam says they should be tossed off of the highest building you can find.
(02-24-2016, 07:46 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: How does them condemning someone affect you? Are you afraid of the whole Heaven/Hell thing?

Manny Pacquiao is an elected member of the House of Representatives in the Philippines.
(02-24-2016, 08:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Manny Pacquiao is an elected member of the House of Representatives in the Philippines.

Really?? Wow. Shocked
I had no idea.  Sarcasm
(02-24-2016, 08:17 PM)I\m Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He didn't say they should be killed. He said they should be saved.

Islam says they should be tossed off of the highest building you can find.

He posted this

"If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Sounds like he's saying they should be killed.

Also, he's not Muslim, but if he were and cited that thing about cliffs, I'd respond the same way.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-24-2016, 08:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This argument is so lame.

In order to promote "acceptance" don't you HAVE TO oppose people who are not accepting?

How is it possible to be in favor of "acceptance" and not oppose people who are against acceptance?

In these two questions you have pretty much put your finger on the main difference. Those that consider themselves to be open-minded (accepting) feel you must oppose (hate/condemn) the person; we bigots feel you must oppose (condemn/hate) the act.

Reading the quotes of Manny in the given links and then the comments on him as a person one can clearly see the difference. The same thing plays out on a daily basis in this very forum. Anyone with an unbiased eye can  see it plain as day.

So the short answer to both your questions is "No".  I don't have to oppose anyone; it is not my place.    

(02-24-2016, 08:52 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He posted this

"If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Several news sources -- like USA TodayLA Weekly and The Village Voice -- were misled by Ampong's text and published stories stating that Pacquiao had himself quoted the Leviticus verse promoting the deaths of gay people.