Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender Girl Scout cookie sales
(02-24-2016, 08:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In these two questions you have pretty much put your finger on the main difference. Those that consider themselves to be open-minded (accepting) feel you must oppose (hate/condemn) the person; we bigots feel you must oppose (condemn/hate) the act.

This is nothing but double speak trying to avoid the main issue.

Instead of getting caught up in semantics remove the word "people" and then answer my question.

How can a person be in favor of "acceptance" without opposing "non-acceptance"?
(02-24-2016, 09:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is nothing but double speak trying to avoid the main issue.

Instead of getting caught up in semantics remove the word "people" and then answer my question.

How can a person be in favor of "acceptance" without opposing "non-acceptance"?

It is not double speak or semantics. It is fact that you unwittingly illustrated. Folks here are blasting the person (Manny). Am I making this up or am I correct?

I can be accepting with opposing anything/one
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-24-2016, 09:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I can be accepting with opposing anything/one

Total apathy is not a choice for me.

And you are not trying to claim that you are "accepting" are you?
(02-24-2016, 09:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is not double speak or semantics. It is fact that you unwittingly illustrated. Folks here are blasting the person (Manny). Am I making this up or am I correct?

They are opposing the ideas he espouses.

Another argument based on nothing but semantics.  
(02-24-2016, 09:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Total apathy is not a choice for me.

And you are not trying to claim that you are "accepting" are you?

Yes, I am accepting of any human. I am not accepting of certain acts. You are getting closer to seeing the difference, but I doubt you ever will because I believe it was you that once told me that yo cannot separate the belief from the person.   

(02-24-2016, 09:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, I am accepting of any human.

Accepting to the point that you want to deny them equal protection under the law?

All you are doing is using semantics to justify your discrimination against people who believe different from you.

What good is it brag about your acceptance and then say you want to deny them equal protection under the law?  

The mental gymnastics people like you go throught to justify your discrimination is amazing.

"I want to deny homosexuals equal protection under the law, but I am more accepting than liberals who want to treat them equally.  I am so amazing."
(02-24-2016, 06:56 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I guess giving people a place to shit equates to shitting on their lives.

Ok, I'm not religious but you are jaded.

And you belief system is absolutely perfect right?

No he gave thousands of people a place to shit 'cuz jebus. Get it right.

The article that you reference is from 2012....
He has not redacted that he equated homosexuals that have sex as no better than animals statement. In fact he made a video and apologized for the reference.

I also informed you all right after Pat called me Manny that it was taken out of context, well guess what? The Full Video has been released and....

http://www.spin.ph/boxing/manny-pacquiao/news/tv5-comes-under-fire-after-spliced-video-cast-manny-pacquiao-in-a-bad-light

Ah!  You are right that was an old article.  My bad.

So he apologized for being taken out of context?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-24-2016, 08:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Several news sources -- like USA TodayLA Weekly and The Village Voice -- were misled by Ampong's text and published stories stating that Pacquiao had himself quoted the Leviticus verse promoting the deaths of gay people.

A news article from 4 years ago is nice and all, but we're talking about his Instagram post from this week.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-24-2016, 10:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: A news article from 4 years ago is nice and all, but we're talking about his Instagram post from this week.

Link the Instagram quote from this week that says what you quoted him as saying. 

(02-24-2016, 11:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Link the Instagram quote from this week that says what you quoted him as saying. 

Quote:[Image: 0218-manny-pacquiao-gay-instagram-bible-...gram-4.jpg]

Manny Pacquiao is doubling down on his anti-gay stance -- posting a bible verse that condones putting gays to death ... hours after he was fired by Nike. 

The Filipino news agency ABS-CBN captured an Instagram Manny put up early Thursday morning quoting Leviticus 20.13:

"If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death, their blood will be on their own heads."

The post has since been deleted. 

TMZ Sports spoke with Manny's longtime promoter Bob Arum who says although he finds Manny's views abhorrent, he understands them because they're rooted in religious belief. Manny is a born again Christian. 

Earlier this week, Manny said gays are "worse than animals" -- though he later apologized, while noting that he is still very much anti-gay marriage. 

By the way, Manny's getting SUPPORT in the Philippines -- opposition senator Juan Ponce Enrile issued this message for the LGBT community: "It's better for them to go to planet Mars."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2016/02/18/manny-pacquiao-death-to-the-gays/#ixzz418sbZOqC
[/url]
Quote:[url=http://www.tmz.com/person/manny-pacquiao/]Manny Pacquiao says he believes people in gay relationships are "worse than animals."

The boxing superstar -- who says he may run for President of the Philippines after he retires -- was asked about his stance on gay marriage during an interview with local TV news. 

Pacman strongly condemned gay marriage -- saying, "It's common sense. Will you see any animals where male is to male and female is to female?"

Manny went on say ... "The animals are better. They know how to distinguish male from female. If we approve [of] male on male, female on female, then man is worse than animals."

The backlash to Manny's comments was swift -- and he quickly posted a video apologizing for his comments ... though not backing down on his anti-gay marriage stance. 

"I'm sorry for hurting people by comparing homosexuals to animals ... please forgive me for those I've hurt."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2016/02/16/manny-pacquiao-gays-are-worse-than-animals/#ixzz418tEtdts
(02-24-2016, 11:19 PM)GMDino Wrote:

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2016/02/18/manny-pacquiao-death-to-the-gays/#ixzz418sbZOqC

Oh, I thought Pat said Manny said it. Not that he was just posting scripture. Hell. I've referred to that verse too to show God's view that man laying with man is the same as adultery, incest, pedophilia, and other sexually immoral acts and punishment by man under the old laws. 

I don't think gays should be killed, but I doubt that will stop anyone from thinking the worst or trying to understand

(02-24-2016, 11:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, I thought Pat said Manny said it. Not that he was just posting scripture. Hell. I've referred to that verse too to show God's view that man laying with man is the same as adultery, incest, pedophilia, and other sexually immoral acts and punishment by man under the old laws. 

I don't think gays should be killed, but I doubt that will stop anyone from thinking the worst or trying to understand

Well he posted that after comparing them to animals (actually he said animals were better).  Then he apologized.  Then he posted scripture.

Which I guess he has read since the 2012 article?
(02-24-2016, 11:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well he posted that after comparing them to animals (actually he said animals were better).  Then he apologized.  Then he posted scripture.

Which I guess he has read since the 2012 article?

Actually he said people were worse than animals in the context of sexual immorality and later quoted a number of Bible verses. Not surprising this quickly became: "Manny thinks gays are worse than animals and they should be killed"; simply because they were able to extract the words Animal and death out of the whole ordeal.  It's because the liberal is so open-minded on such topics.   

(02-24-2016, 11:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually he said people were worse than animals in the context of sexual immorality and later quoted a number of Bible verses. Not surprising this quickly became: "Manny thinks gays are worse than animals and they should be killed"; simply because they were able to extract the words Animal and death out of the whole ordeal.  It's because the liberal is so open-minded on such topics.   

Well the first part is true.  If you say people are worse than animals when talking about people being gay they it is fair to say he said gays are worse than animals.

i don't know if believes gays should be killed as is said the bible.  Just that he quoted it a few days after he said they were worse than animals and apologized and then took the quote down.

So either he doesn't want people to think he thinks that or he doesn't have a very strong faith as he took it down.
(02-24-2016, 11:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well the first part is true.  If you say people are worse than animals when talking about people being gay they it is fair to say he said gays are worse than animals.

i don't know if believes gays should be killed as is said the bible.  Just that he quoted it a few days after he said they were worse than animals and apologized and then took the quote down.

So either he doesn't want people to think he thinks that or he doesn't have a very strong faith as he took it down.

....or he knows the left will turn this into Manny wants Gays to be killed.

If you read the wording he said people "pointing to mankind" and stated we are more flawed in our sexual morality than animals. I too think there are cases that can be made that animals are more moral in their sexual relationships than man in certain cases. 

Perhaps youu don't know whether or not Manny wants gays killed; however, there are those in this thread that do. But you can always leave it to a non-believer to understand the heart of a Christian.  

(02-25-2016, 12:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps youu don't know whether or not Manny wants gays killed;

I know what he said.

Pretty sad that one Christian has to call another Christian a liar in order to try and squirm out of this.
(02-25-2016, 12:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I know what he said.

Pretty sad that one Christian has to call another Christian a liar in order to try and squirm out of this.

Seems you know what everybody said, so which Christian called the other a liar an what are they trying to squirm out of?

(02-25-2016, 12:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems you know what everybody said, so which Christian called the other a liar an what are they trying to squirm out of?

Manny posted a quote that says homosexuals should die for their sin.

Then you claim he didn't mean it and was was just telling a lie.
(02-24-2016, 11:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, I thought Pat said Manny said it. Not that he was just posting scripture. Hell. I've referred to that verse too to show God's view that man laying with man is the same as adultery, incest, pedophilia, and other sexually immoral acts and punishment by man under the old laws. 

It still comes back to "oh, he was just quoting the holy text for his belief system, so it's ok".

It's a garbage excuse to justify a garbage belief.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]