Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender Girl Scout cookie sales
(02-21-2016, 04:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How can they tell if you are just joining on a whim?

What exactly would keep a person from being accepted?

If they feel the person is  just joining on a whim.
(02-21-2016, 10:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: True story, I am going ELCA because the church really is about 80 feet away. LOL

Well, that and it splits the difference between my wife's Catholicism and my Anabaptist upbringing.

Within 50 yards from my house there's a Baptist church. Within 300ish yards there's that church, plus a CoC and a Methodist. Within a half mile there's five churches.

There's a church behind every tree here. And there's a lot of trees.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-21-2016, 10:39 PM)Benton Wrote: Within 50 yards from my house there's a Baptist church. Within 300ish yards there's that church, plus a CoC and a Methodist. Within a half mile there's five churches.

I legitimately have 12 churches within a five block radius from me. If you search churches on yellowpages.com here you will comes up with 285, with a population of about 50k. And that includes our 25k college students.
(02-21-2016, 10:44 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I legitimately have 12 churches within a five block radius from me. If you search churches on yellowpages.com here you will comes up with 285, with a population of about 50k. And that includes our 25k college students.

Oh, not to play one up, but... I just googled. According to yellowpages.com there's 258 in my county, of 30,100.
(02-21-2016, 03:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Actually religious people get couseling before they join a religion.     And this is a false cpmparasion anyway....  You are not born a religion.   But you are born a male or female.

(02-21-2016, 03:21 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: My ex wife attended counseling sessions with our priest when she converted.   They do this so you are not just joining on a whim.

(02-21-2016, 04:36 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's an informal interview to an extent.    They discuss the teachings and how you came to this decision.   In the baptist church I referenced above my mate had basically a sponsor.   It was one of the men from his bible study group.   They spent time getting to know each other and their families.    These churches are like families so I can see why they want to know your intentions before you are a full member.     And I must say we have attended his church and bible study and they are all fantastic people.   I wish I knew the bible as well as some of these guys.   That's one of my regrets in life was that I never really got to know the bible well.

Not near enough counseling to have children and force them to believe the same religion if you ask me.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-21-2016, 10:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: True story, I am going ELCA because the church really is about 80 feet away. LOL

Tell the truth, they could hear you singing in the shower and invited you to come join the choir.
ThumbsUp
(02-21-2016, 10:27 PM)Vlad Wrote: Orthodox Christianity, the result of The Great Schism between the East and West. Mass is way too damn long lol!
I bet your wife is either Ukrainian or Russian, not Serbian or Greek.

She is Belarussian so basically former USSR.
(02-21-2016, 10:39 PM)Benton Wrote: Within 50 yards from my house there's a Baptist church. Within 300ish yards there's that church, plus a CoC and a Methodist. Within a half mile there's five churches.

I feel you, we also have a lot of churches. I think you may have me beat but there are parts here that are similar to yours.
(02-21-2016, 10:14 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I guess you haven't seen the past threads about a private or unisex bathroom, or little Johnny being allowed to use the girls room.

There was another thread about a possible state law (NY?) demanding the use of a new set of pronouns.

But no one is demanding we accommodate them, right?

Again, how does any of this change your daily life?  The only reason this thread exists is because a man saw a "boy in a dress" and couldn't be bothered to keep his smart ass comments to himself.  The next time you are in a bathroom you may have to wonder if a transgender woman is in the stall next to you?  My lord, how will you ever cope with such a thing!

You have to understand how "by the book" it is when a group asks for tolerance that critics start screaming about being FORCED to do this and that. It just seems unfounded and paranoid, but what do I know.
(02-22-2016, 12:10 AM)Nately120 Wrote:  The next time you are in a bathroom you may have to wonder if a transgender woman is in the stall next to you?  

This is what is beyond stupid about this debate.  Why would a transgender woman need to use a stall in the men's bathroom?  Why is she incapable of using the stall in the women's restroom?

And, yeah, when they start talking unisex bathrooms at schools and special accommodations, it DOES affect me as a taxpayer.  I don't like seeing my tax dollars wasted on useless, dumb shit.
(02-22-2016, 12:10 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Again, how does any of this change your daily life?  The only reason this thread exists is because a man saw a "boy in a dress" and couldn't be bothered to keep his smart ass comments to himself.  The next time you are in a bathroom you may have to wonder if a transgender woman is in the stall next to you?  My lord, how will you ever cope with such a thing!

You have to understand how "by the book" it is when a group asks for tolerance that critics start screaming about being FORCED to do this and that.  It just seems unfounded and paranoid, but what do I know.

My lord how does a woman that thinks shes a man cope with using the womans restroom??

Its about feelings from both sides. Why do the feelings of a woman who thinks she's a man take priority over your feelings?
She's a woman.  She's got the plumbing of a woman...she needs to be using the effing womans  restroom.

Then you have these college freaks that wanted to remove MLK's famous quote from his statue because it wasn't inclusive.

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2016/01/27/oregon-students-weighed-removing-martin-luther-king-quote-from-student-union-as-being-insufficiently-inclusive/
(02-21-2016, 10:53 PM)Benton Wrote: Oh, not to play one up, but... I just googled. According to yellowpages.com there's 258 in my county, of 30,100.

I would be interested in seeing how many we have in the county as a whole. We have a population in the county of about 76k and a lot of churches. We are home to main offices of the largest Mennonite organization and we have a large contingency of Church of the Brethren. Those churches in the rural areas tend to be numerous and small.
(02-22-2016, 12:29 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: This is what is beyond stupid about this debate.  Why would a transgender woman need to use a stall in the men's bathroom?  Why is she incapable of using the stall in the women's restroom?

And, yeah, when they start talking unisex bathrooms at schools and special accommodations, it DOES affect me as a taxpayer.  I don't like seeing my tax dollars wasted on useless, dumb shit.

(02-22-2016, 12:48 AM)Vlad Wrote: My lord how does a woman that thinks shes a man cope with using the womans restroom??

Its about feelings from both sides. Why do the feelings of a woman who thinks she's a man take priority over your feelings?
She's a woman.  She's got the plumbing of a woman...she needs to be using the effing womans  restroom.

Taxes to renovate schools is one point, but the rest is a bunch of emotional crap that I don't care about, because I don't care about your feelings.  You guys need to stop crying to the government to soothe your hurt feelings and sack up.
I see know one is willing to ask the real hard question around here? Does she have any more thin mints left for sale?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
(02-22-2016, 01:33 AM)Nately120 Wrote: You guys need to stop crying to the government to soothe your hurt feelings and sack up.

Are you talking to the Trans that want government to mandate that they can use the facility of their choice?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-22-2016, 01:57 AM)J24 Wrote: I see know one is willing to ask the real hard question around here? Does she have any more thin mints left for sale?

She? You mean the _____ ? Sorry that dude only has virtual Somoa's left.
(02-22-2016, 01:33 AM)Nately120 Wrote:  You guys need to stop crying to the government to soothe your hurt feelings and sack up.

I think you could have used a more trans-sensitive idiom.
Ninja
(02-22-2016, 01:33 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Taxes to renovate schools is one point, but the rest is a bunch of emotional crap that I don't care about, because I don't care about your feelings.  You guys need to stop crying to the government to soothe your hurt feelings and sack up.

And that's OK...so why do you care so much about the feelings of a trans?

The trans that wont use the proper bathroom sounds like a bunch of emotional crap to me.
It never fails that with any topic you liberals hypocrisy and double standards emerge.
(02-22-2016, 11:32 AM)Vlad Wrote: And that's OK...so why do you care so much about the feelings of a trans?

I only care that we treat all humans equally.

So if you have no regard for transgender people I would hope you do the same for anyone who isn't just like you.

As opposed to the rest of us who try to treat everyone with the respect they deserve.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-19-2016, 08:50 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I teach children with disabilities in a disadvantaged community and I do so while never calling gay people "less than animals" and calling for their death. 

Manny was quoting the Bible. If you go back to the original interview (one that was not edited to make Manny look bad) you will figure that out (or not). 

Everyone and their mother already know Manny is a highly religious persona, so why bother asking him about things in the LGBT community that he's already against?? Well I guess you would ask him if your goal is to damage his rep! To me that is just some of the typical character assassination that the left like to participate in when someone doesn't share their views. Unfortunately, for the well known homosexual TV show host Vice Ganda in the Philippines, it's backfiring against him and people want him to apologize for his comments against Manny.

It would be like asking Kirk Cameron his thoughts on Homosexuality.

That's great that you teach children with disabilities, but that's your Job and you are compensated for it. Building 1,000 homes for poor filpino families is not in Manny's job description, nor was his compensated for it.

(02-22-2016, 11:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: I only care that we treat all humans equally.

So if you have no regard for transgender people I would hope you do the same for anyone who isn't just like you.

As opposed to the rest of us who try to treat everyone with the respect they deserve.

Men go to the Men's room, Women go to the Women's room, that is equality. Either may enter a uni-sex room.

What you are asking for is not equality, you are asking for exceptions to the rule.