Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Transgender Sports- A Tough Question
If we keep going down this slippery slope where it's ok for a man to change with women or even girls because he identifies as one, and say that a man is a woman if he feels like one, regardless of his physical sex, then do we let a man play a sport with women or a boy with girls because that's what they identify themselves as?

Say that there's a basketball tournament with the championship team getting millions of dollars and merchandise deals, would it be ok for five NBA players to just say that they suddenly identify as women, go in, blow out every team in the tourney, and win the money that should belong to the natural women? Even if the NBA players weren't pretending, would it still be ok?

My original thoughts were because of the Olympics, but I'm thinking that the Olympics wouldn't even be a question that they'd make them be with their natural sex.

If we say that a man identifying as a woman is a woman, then isn't it impossible to draw a line anywhere?
No one complained about Whoopi giving up acting and playing football, but only cause she is a bad ass.

[Image: b99190370z.1_20140123202829_000_ghs4gsab.1-1.jpg]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
This is a tough question.

I can't imagine any serious male athlete claiming to be a woman just to win a game. Generally high level athletes are driven so much by personal pride that they would not do anything like that.

If it does become a huge issue then I say create a seperate team for them so that they play on an equal level.
I think the Olympics have addressed this by establishing a set time period that the person has to be doing horomone therapy in order to qualify. Could remember wrong though.

I doubt it becomes an issue.
(02-25-2016, 06:21 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Say that there's a basketball tournament with the championship team getting millions of dollars and merchandise deals, would it be ok for five NBA players to just say that they suddenly identify as women
I'm not sure anyone "suddenly" feels like a woman...unless that has been your experience then I stand corrected.
These players would have already been known to have this disorder before they would be allowed to play as girls, secondly, they would have to continue with their act after the tournament was over.
Your hypothesis is as looney as one by Fred. Notice Fred didn't see anything wrong with it. lol
(02-25-2016, 12:05 PM)Vlad Wrote: I'm not sure anyone "suddenly" feels like a woman...unless that has been your experience then I stand corrected.
These players would have already been known to have this disorder before they would be allowed to play as girls, secondly, they would have to continue with their act after the tournament was over.
Your hypothesis is as looney as one by Fred. Notice Fred didn't see anything wrong with it. lol

Holy crap, did I just agree with you?
(02-25-2016, 12:05 PM)Vlad Wrote: Your hypothesis is as looney as one by Fred. Notice Fred didn't see anything wrong with it. lol

Oh great.

I've got another stalker.
(02-25-2016, 10:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If it does become a huge issue then I say create a seperate team for them so that they play on an equal level.

Huh?!?  What does the "gender" one "identifies as" have to do with physical abilities and testosterone (or the lack thereof, artificial or otherwise)?

What's next, a heavyweight boxer competing at flyweight because he "identifies" as a thin person?

Saying a transgender is somehow at a physical disadvantage seems bigoted.
(02-25-2016, 10:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a tough question.

I can't imagine any serious male athlete claiming to be a woman just to win a game.  Generally high level athletes are driven so much by personal pride that they would not do anything like that.

If it does become a huge issue then I say create a seperate team for them so that they play on an equal level.
For money.
(02-25-2016, 11:07 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I think the Olympics have addressed this by establishing a set time period that the person has to be doing horomone therapy in order to qualify. Could remember wrong though.

I doubt it becomes an issue.
Even so with hormones, does that make the body less-athletic?  Men's bodies have "men have 40–60 percent greater upper-body strength and 25–30 percent more lower-body strength,"  (that's according to this page, but it does note that it can be lessened with proper nutrition and exercise, but then couldn't the men be doing the same thing to keep the gap widened?), so it seems like they'd still have an advantage.
(02-25-2016, 12:05 PM)Vlad Wrote: I'm not sure anyone "suddenly" feels like a woman...unless that has been your experience then I stand corrected.

What would stop them from saying they've felt that way all their lives but were afraid to come out?  Actually, that seems like a pretty common thing with homosexuals and transgender people.

Who's to say they'd have to continue the act after the tournament was over?  Why couldn't they just keep saying "I feel like a woman?"  Not all women wear dresses and things.  And who's to say they can't just wait a year or so and say "I feel like a man again"?  

Furthermore, the way protection laws are in this country, especially in matters as sensitive as this, I'm pretty sure that they couldn't look into it too much.  Only way it seems like it might not work is if they told someone that they were faking it.
(02-25-2016, 04:52 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Huh?!?  What does the "gender" one "identifies as" have to do with physical abilities and testosterone (or the lack thereof, artificial or otherwise)?

What's next, a heavyweight boxer competing at flyweight because he "identifies" as a thin person?

Saying a transgender is somehow at a physical disadvantage seems bigoted.

Was this supposed to be sarcastic.

I see so much stupid stuff posted around here it is impossible for me to tell.
(02-25-2016, 07:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Even so with hormones, does that make the body less-athletic?  Men's bodies have "men have 40–60 percent greater upper-body strength and 25–30 percent more lower-body strength,"  (that's according to this page, but it does note that it can be lessened with proper nutrition and exercise, but then couldn't the men be doing the same thing to keep the gap widened?), so it seems like they'd still have an advantage.

Yes, even post-op they have physical advantages.

Renee Richarsd went through this many years ago.
(02-25-2016, 07:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: For money.

I don't think there is enough money to get a guy to claim he was transgender just to win a sporting event.

I may eb wrong, but I just don't see it happening.  Could you imagine how he would be treated by his peers.

The best athletes are driven more by pride and desire to be the best than just the money.
(02-25-2016, 07:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think there is enough money to get a guy to claim he was transgender just to win a sporting event.

I may eb wrong, but I just don't see it happening.  Could you imagine how he would be treated by his peers.

The best athletes are driven more by pride and desire to be the best than just the money.

The bigger events might have enough money to have a guy claim he was a woman.

What about golf?  Male players hit the ball farther than female players, hence why there's red tees.  Last year, the LPGA money winner won 2,800,000, and the leading stars had endorsement deals in the millions.  A player that might not be good enough to make the men's tour could say he's a woman for a year, place high in a bunch of events and get higher endorsement deals because of the media frenzy, retire after a year, and go back to being a man.
(02-25-2016, 04:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh great.

I've got another stalker.

So you call that stalking huh? Who else has been stalking you Jimmy?
(02-25-2016, 07:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Was this supposed to be sarcastic.

I see so much stupid stuff posted around here it is impossible for me to tell.

Get confused with what you're reading was posted by you often?

No, I was not being sarcastic, but that you thought it was goes to show just how far removed from basic common sense you are.

You actually argued that men who identify as women should be able to compete against women, or perhaps in a special class. That is just moronic. What does the gender someone identifies as have to do with their physical traits?
(02-25-2016, 07:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think there is enough money to get a guy to claim he was transgender just to win a sporting event.

There was a German runner that was a man that claimed to be a woman. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-25-2016, 12:05 PM)Vlad Wrote: These players would have already been known to have this disorder 

:smash:

mixed with a bit of this:

Smack
(02-25-2016, 08:12 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote:   What does the gender someone identifies as have to do with their physical traits?

A man that has his "physical traits" changed through surgery and hormone therapy could still have a big advantage over women because he was born with a man's body.

That was the issue with renee richards years ago.
Iran's womens soccer team had like 8 dudes on the team.

If anyone is naive enough to believe that some men or parents would be embarrassed to switch their kids over just for athletics..... Then you just don't know the Athletics culture and the desire to win.

Now it's cool to be gay so why not swap a middling male athlete over to play a girls sport and dominate. Get a free education and the whole time just be gay and the boy can still date a girl. Heck how many girls where tuxedo to the prom now lol. The stage is set to have boys move over and dominate girls sports.
(02-29-2016, 07:36 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Iran's womens soccer team had like 8 dudes on the team.  

If anyone is naive enough to believe that some men or parents would be embarrassed to switch their kids over just for athletics.....    Then you just don't know the Athletics culture and the desire to win.    

Now it's cool to be gay so why not swap a middling male athlete over to play a girls sport and dominate.    Get a free education and the whole time just be gay and the boy can still date a girl.   Heck how many girls where tuxedo to the prom now lol.    The stage is set to have boys move over and dominate girls sports.

Countries (usually those savage eastern bloc ones) have been known to cheat this way on the global scale.  Yes.  However they were not "gay" or "transgender"...they just put men out there and pretended they were women or used hormones to make the men look more feminine or the women more masculine.

What you fear is some high school boy or college lad pretending to be gay just so the school or team can win.  And beause you can't see the difference in the two things you look very stupid.

You're thinking of the plot to "Ladybugs"...again.  So unless we have a massive amount of fraud going on in school athletics that NO ONE has ever proven then this is just another one of your fevered fantasies that keeps you up at night while it is not happening at all.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.