Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Transgender Sports- A Tough Question
(02-29-2016, 02:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes.

You're disturbed if you think all of a sudden parents will dress their boys up as girls just for sports success.

And you are naive to believe they won't.   Parents let drug dealers and street agents raise their kids so they can be on the right AAU team.   You think they have an issue checking box female?   They can dress them up as tom boy.   Which is how they dress anyway.    Nothing changes for them.   Except 1 box.

The culture has done everything to make girls less girly. So there isn't going to a scenario where boys will have to dress up. Like your ladybug example.
(02-29-2016, 02:14 PM)Benton Wrote: Air Bud is the only one I can think of.

Next time, do your own research.

Mellow

I'm very susceptible to subliminal messages. 

If I start humping your leg, it's on you.....literally. 

Ninja
(02-29-2016, 02:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes.

You're disturbed if you think all of a sudden parents will dress their boys up as girls just for sports success.

Especially if dads won't let their daughters play with legos...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-29-2016, 02:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Is that crazier than moving to a fake address sometimes states away?    Then keeping up this fake address while you are constantly traveling for a school year?    

Surely this is sarcasm. You can't be comparing hormone replacement — which has numerous short-term and long-term effects, and can cost a couple hundred dollars per month — to having a fake address?

Quote:Let's not even get into what parents do to be on the right AAU team.    

You are talking about reasonable parents doing highlight reels to get exposure.   I am talking about the vast majority of the AAU culture.  The big time AAU culture where a sponsorship from adidas matters.     And these neighborhood brokers are the gate keepers to recruiting.    It's a completely different world than the things you are talking about.    These parents don't concern themselves with academic pursuits or scholarships.   To them the only sure thing is athletics.

Athletics isn't a sure thing. And the odds of getting one aren't very good. Around 1 in 150,000 applicants get some kind of money (not sure the numbers divided by sex, but I'm going to bet it's much worse for females as there's much less money and interest in their sports compared to football and men's basketball). Out of those who do get one, they're looking at around $8,000 (the average for athletic scholarship dollars).

You honestly think there are a large number of young men willing to lose sexual function and grow breasts to have a 1 in 150,000 chance to save $8,000 for a couple years? As opposed to merit based scholarships, which are much easier to come by, much easier to qualify for, provide more money, and don't require you to cross dress? Many athletes on college teams are there on academic scholarships because they're easier to get and pay better.

Come on, this is just more fear mongering. It's silly.
(02-29-2016, 03:17 PM)Benton Wrote: Surely this is sarcasm. You can't be comparing hormone replacement — which has numerous short-term and long-term effects, and can cost a couple hundred dollars per month — to having a fake address?

Athletics isn't a sure thing. And the odds of getting one aren't very good. Around 1 in 150,000 applicants get some kind of money (not sure the numbers divided by sex, but I'm going to bet it's much worse for females as there's much less money and interest in their sports compared to football and men's basketball). Out of those who do get one, they're looking at around $8,000 (the average for athletic scholarship dollars).

You honestly think there are a large number of young men willing to lose sexual function and grow breasts to have a 1 in 150,000 chance to save $8,000 for a couple years? As opposed to merit based scholarships, which are much easier to come by, much easier to qualify for, provide more money, and don't require you to cross dress? Many athletes on college teams are there on academic scholarships because they're easier to get and pay better.

Come on, this is just more fear mongering. It's silly.

When you grow up with nothing you will try anything. For the rest of us it's absurd. But for a particular faction it's reasonable.

Look up the dark side of the AAU culture. It's not fear mongering.
(02-29-2016, 03:02 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Especially if dads won't let their daughters play with legos...

Only the boy legos.  Which they can't even FIND at Target anymore.   Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-29-2016, 03:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When you grow up with nothing you will try anything.   For the rest of us it's absurd.   But for a particular faction it's reasonable.    

Look up the dark side of the AAU culture.    It's not fear mongering.

But that doesn't make it true.

It would be reasonable to believe that every poor kid will become a criminal to get ahead.

Get it?

No...no you don't.
(02-29-2016, 03:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When you grow up with nothing you will try anything.   For the rest of us it's absurd.   But for a particular faction it's reasonable.    

Look up the dark side of the AAU culture.    It's not fear mongering.

I think the "male-to-female-athlete" faction is probably the smallest of any.

Mellow

If you're referring to minorities or those in poverty, again, it's absurd as there are large amounts of "free" money available to them without tucking and taping.

So what you're saying is there is a large segment of middle class, white kids with little to no academic ability willing to undergo hormone treatment and live life as a female to have near lottery odds of getting enough money to pay for college?

Go on then, pull the other one.
(02-29-2016, 02:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: With a discussion like this you need to have some foreshadowing.  Once the horse is out of the barn it's hard to close the door.  

It is silly to build a barn when you don't even have a horse.
(02-29-2016, 03:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: But that doesn't make it true.

It would be reasonable to believe that every poor kid will become a criminal to get ahead.

Get it?

No...no you don't.

Just stop posting about things you don't know or understand. Do some research on the corruption in the AAU community and the money involved. Then come back and we can actually have a discussion. Until then you are wasting everyone's time with your uninformed nonsense. To you AAU is just a summer traveling team . If you even know that's what they do ..... Please look it up and come back, it won't take long for you to find things.
(02-29-2016, 03:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: Only the boy legos.  Which they can't even FIND at Target anymore.   Ninja

Rep

ThumbsUp
(02-29-2016, 03:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is silly to build a barn when you don't even have a horse.

There's a transgender joke in there, somewhere.
Ninja
(02-29-2016, 03:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is silly to build a barn when you don't even have a horse.

When you were in high school I'm sure kids played for the school in the town or neighborhood they grew up. Not the case today . It's the haves and have nots in high school sports. That will soon be exasperated in female sports. Everyone is looking for an edge when money is on the line.
(02-29-2016, 03:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Just stop posting about things you don't know or understand.    Do some research on the corruption in the AAU community and the money involved.   Then come back and we can actually have a discussion.   Until then you are wasting everyone's time with your uninformed nonsense.   To you AAU is just a summer traveling team .   If you even know that's what they do .....   Please look it up and come back, it won't take long for you to find things.

Yep a lot of money involved.

No one dressing their sons up as daughters.

Rock On
(02-29-2016, 03:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When you were in high school I'm sure kids played for the school in the town or neighborhood they grew up.     Not the case today .   It's the haves and have nots in high school sports.    That will soon be exasperated in female sports.   Everyone is looking for an edge when money is on the line.

Did the other kids quit because some schools did that just to win?
(02-29-2016, 03:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When you were in high school I'm sure kids played for the school in the town or neighborhood they grew up.     Not the case today .   It's the haves and have nots in high school sports.    That will soon be exasperated in female sports.   Everyone is looking for an edge when money is on the line.

You have made your position clear.

Now all we can do is wait and see what happens.
(02-29-2016, 10:01 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There is no way to know if anyone is one.     

(02-18-2016, 06:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You can easily see it's a boy.  

Well, which is it young fellar?  If there is no way to know, how could you easily tell if it was a boy in a dress?  If you can easily tell it was a boy in a dress then there is a way to tell so why would you claim you can't tell?
(02-29-2016, 03:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have made your position clear.

Now all we can do is wait and see what happens.

Yes and you unlike others have decided to wait. Instead of just closing the door and dismissing the notion.

When this inevitably happens I will be sure to make mention that you at least had the good sense to not be dismissive.
(02-29-2016, 04:41 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Well, which is it young fellar?  If there is no way to know, how could you easily tell if it was a boy in a dress?  If you can easily tell it was a boy in a dress then there is a way to tell so why would you claim you can't tell?

Go back to posting about SN. You have proven to be in over head with me. I don't want to be responsible when you do irrational things again in an attempt to win the message board. I actually like you and to see you in such a way is painful to experience.
Is this another situation where we are arguing that we can't allow transgender people to do XYZ because non-transgender people are going to do something dishonest to exploit and/or ruin it?