Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Transgender Sports- A Tough Question
(02-29-2016, 08:30 AM)GMDino Wrote: Countries (usually those savage eastern bloc ones) have been known to cheat this way on the global scale.  Yes.  However they were not "gay" or "transgender"...they just put men out there and pretended they were women or used hormones to make the men look more feminine or the women more masculine.

What you fear is some high school boy or college lad pretending to be gay just so the school or team can win.  And beause you can't see the difference in the two things you look very stupid.

You're thinking of the plot to "Ladybugs"...again.  So unless we have a massive amount of fraud going on in school athletics that NO ONE has ever proven then this is just another one of your fevered fantasies that keeps you up at night while it is not happening at all.

There is no way to know if anyone is one.     It's fantasy.   I can pretend to be one.    100k plus for a free college education is worth a few years of pretend.   It's not like women wear dresses anymore, they just wear track suits and dress like a boy anyway.    

That's the best part of the scam.  You can't prove anything because it's all on how someone feels.  By this logic we can forever morph ourselves into anything.

Well here is Belarus. So you tell me man or a woman?

[Image: jUkGR3L.jpg]
(02-29-2016, 10:01 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There is no way to know if anyone is one.     It's fantasy.   I can pretend to be one.    100k plus for a free college education is worth a few years of pretend.   It's not like women wear dresses anymore, they just wear track suits and dress like a boy anyway.    

That's the best part of the scam.  You can't prove anything because it's all on how someone feels.  By this logic we can forever morph ourselves into anything.

Again, more fevered fantasies from someone who can't prove a word of what they say.

I'm sorry it is not the 1950's anymore and you can't make your women dress "proper" so you can tell them apart from the boys.  Sad

What you are proposing may have happened....it is a big country.  I'm sure one or two people tried to pull a fast one.  I'm sure you'll have time to find a few examples while on vacation.

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-29-2016, 10:01 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There is no way to know if anyone is one.     It's fantasy.   I can pretend to be one.    100k plus for a free college education is worth a few years of pretend.   It's not like women wear dresses anymore, they just wear track suits and dress like a boy anyway.    

Well here is Belarus.    So you tell me man or a woman?  

[Image: jUkGR3L.jpg]

Edit for your edit:

Is it an Eastern bloc country?  They are the only ones who used hormones in the Olympics.  Government sponsored, btw.
(02-29-2016, 10:21 AM)GMDino Wrote: Edit for your edit:

Is it an Eastern bloc country?  They are the only ones who used hormones in the Olympics.  Government sponsored, btw.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/11903290/Eight-of-Irans-womens-football-team-are-men.html

That is dated 2015. Find me something similar that's dated since 2015 In Belarus .... Or any former soviet nation.
(02-29-2016, 10:20 AM)GMDino Wrote: Again, more fevered fantasies from someone who can't prove a word of what they say.

I'm sorry it is not the 1950's anymore and you can't make your women dress "proper" so you can tell them apart from the boys.  Sad

What you are proposing may have happened....it is a big country.  I'm sure one or two people tried to pull a fast one.  I'm sure you'll have time to find a few examples while on vacation.

Mellow

Just watch girls AAU ball.   You will see it first crop up there.   Then if they get away with it then it's on to high school.   Just like transferring and making all star teams.

And yes I have time considering the girls are at the salon this afternoon.
(02-29-2016, 10:43 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/11903290/Eight-of-Irans-womens-football-team-are-men.html

That is dated 2015.   Find me something similar that's dated since 2015 In Belarus .... Or any former soviet nation.

Government sponsored cheating.  As I said.

Now show where high school boys are "pretending" just to win or get a free education.

The fact that even the eastern bloc has been caught and changed just proves my point that it almost NEVER happens yet in your fantasy world it going to run rampant.
(02-29-2016, 11:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: Government sponsored cheating.  As I said.

Now show where high school boys are "pretending" just to win or get a free education.

The fact that even the eastern bloc has been caught and changed just proves my point that it almost NEVER happens yet in your fantasy world it going to run rampant.

It's coming. Like I said in the above post. Watch AAU.
I would be impressed by anyone who lived as a woman and went through year of hormone treatment just to get a scholarship for school. I imagine the results years of hormone therapy at such a critical time of your body's development would cause irreversible effects were you to stop and try to go back.

Like I have said, it seems like most opponents here just assume you put on dress and are done.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-29-2016, 11:44 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I would be impressed by anyone who lived as a woman and went through year of hormone treatment just to get a scholarship for school. I imagine the results years of hormone therapy at such a critical time of your body's development would cause irreversible effects were you to stop and try to go back.

Like I have said, it seems like most opponents here just assume you put on dress and are done.

Seems like it would be a lot easier to join the FFA, chess team, or get an academic scholarship. But some people will believe anything.
(02-29-2016, 11:47 AM)Benton Wrote: Seems like it would be a lot easier to join the FFA, chess team, or get an academic scholarship. But some people will believe anything.

Check out all the underhanded stuff that happens in AAU and high school sports today. The lengths people will go will surprise you if they think their kid can attend university for free on an athletic basis.
(02-29-2016, 11:53 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Check out all the underhanded stuff that happens in AAU and high school sports today.   The lengths people will go will surprise you if they think their kid can attend university for free on an athletic basis.

I was a sports report for several years. And I used to do a side business helping parents put together highlight packages to send to schools. It's competitive. But undergoing months and years worth of hormone therapy — with some of the cost coming out of your pocket — to get a scholarship when there are millions of dollars in scholarships for non-sports related students? You don't find that absurd in the slightest?

That's like pushing your car cross country to prove you need shoes. It just doesn't make any sense. And nobody is doing it.
(02-29-2016, 11:47 AM)Benton Wrote: Seems like it would be a lot easier to join the FFA, chess team, or get an academic scholarship. But some people will believe anything.

Not at my school. They won the President's Cup 6 times (it has only been awarded 15) and have placed in final four every single year. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-29-2016, 12:02 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Not at my school. They won the President's Cup 6 times (it has only been awarded 15) and have placed in final four every single year. 

[Image: 48661_Nerd-Alertlow-600x383.jpg?15016e]
(02-29-2016, 11:35 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's coming.   Like I said in the above post.   Watch AAU.

Again, one person may try.  It is a big country.  

Have fun worrying yourself to death about it.
(02-29-2016, 12:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Again, one person may try.  It is a big country.  

Have fun worrying yourself to death about it.

I'm sure it's going to happen.

My biggest fear is that an angry parent acts out against the young man that displaces their daughter from a sports team. 

Side Thought: Isn't interesting how we cheer on girls to displace boys, in their sports ?
Not everyone,  of course, but how many movies have been made of such a thing ?
(02-29-2016, 02:09 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm sure it's going to happen.

My biggest fear is that an angry parent acts out against the young man that displaces their daughter from a sports team. 

Side Thought: Isn't interesting how we cheer on girls to displace boys, in their sports ?
Not everyone,  of course, but how many movies have been made of such a thing ?

Air Bud is the only one I can think of.

Next time, do your own research.

Mellow
(02-29-2016, 10:45 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Just watch girls AAU ball.   You will see it first crop up there. 

This is exactly what we should all do.

It is sad how much time people spend crying about something that has not happened yet.

Obama was going to take everyone's guns, yet gun ownership has skyrocketed during his administartion.

Government regulation was going to destroy the poor little oil companies, yet lack of government regulation on Fracking has allowed them to rack up record profits.

Same sex marriage was supposed to destroy the institution of marriage yet half of all marriages were already ending in divorce.

Sharia law courts were supposed to be making legal binding decisions by now.

So can we all just wait until all these guys start claiming to be women just to make some money or win some trophies.  So far the only thing we have seen is countries doing it in international competition, and this has already been going on for years.

If the AAU ggirls teams become flooded with transgender guys then I will be right beside Lucie and Brad protesting against it.  But until it happens I am not going to waste my time crying about it.
(02-29-2016, 11:59 AM)Benton Wrote: I was a sports report for several years. And I used to do a side business helping parents put together highlight packages to send to schools. It's competitive. But undergoing months and years worth of hormone therapy — with some of the cost coming out of your pocket — to get a scholarship when there are millions of dollars in scholarships for non-sports related students? You don't find that absurd in the slightest?

That's like pushing your car cross country to prove you need shoes. It just doesn't make any sense. And nobody is doing it.

Is that crazier than moving to a fake address sometimes states away? Then keeping up this fake address while you are constantly traveling for a school year?

Let's not even get into what parents do to be on the right AAU team.

You are talking about reasonable parents doing highlight reels to get exposure. I am talking about the vast majority of the AAU culture. The big time AAU culture where a sponsorship from adidas matters. And these neighborhood brokers are the gate keepers to recruiting. It's a completely different world than the things you are talking about. These parents don't concern themselves with academic pursuits or scholarships. To them the only sure thing is athletics.
(02-29-2016, 02:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is exactly what we should all do.

It is sad how much time people spend crying about something that has not happened yet.

Obama was going to take everyone's guns, yet gun ownership has skyrocketed during his administartion.

Government regulation was going to destroy the poor little oil companies, yet lack of government regulation on Fracking has allowed them to rack up record profits.

Same sex marriage was supposed to destroy the institution of marriage yet half of all marriages were already ending in divorce.

Sharia law courts were supposed to be making legal binding decisions by now.

So can we all just wait until all these guys start claiming to be women just to make some money or win some trophies.  So far the only thing we have seen is countries doing it in international competition, and this has already been going on for years.

If the AAU ggirls teams become flooded with transgender guys then I will be right beside Lucie and Brad protesting against it.  But until it happens I am not going to waste my time crying about it.

With a discussion like this you need to have some foreshadowing. Once the horse is out of the barn it's hard to close the door. Look at the issue of transfers in high school sports today. This came directly from AAU to get a competitive advantage. Now it's a mess across the country. The dots connect quite simply here. Now I don't think it would happen if we didn't have AAU.... Or at least it wouldn't happen anytime soon. The fact of the matter is many are underestimating what powers are at work here ..... There is a lot of money wrapped up in high end high school athletics and AAU.
(02-29-2016, 02:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Is that crazier than moving to a fake address sometimes states away?    Then keeping up this fake address while you are constantly traveling for a school year?    

Yes.

(02-29-2016, 02:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Let's not even get into what parents do to be on the right AAU team.   You are talking about reasonable parents doing highlight reels to get exposure.   I am talking about the vast majority of the AAU culture.  The big time AAU culture where a sponsorship from adidas matters.     And these neighborhood brokers are the gate keepers to recruiting.    It's a completely different world than the things you are talking about.    These parents don't concern themselves with academic pursuits or scholarships.   To them the only sure thing is athletics.

You're disturbed if you think all of a sudden parents will dress their boys up as girls just for sports success.