Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 09:12 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote:

Just the AFC North don't like athletic Olinemen
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 05:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We can't have 5 all pro OL so someone will have to be worse than the other 4.  Ninja

I see he is the MB whipping boy, we always have at least one. I see a guard who has potential to get better and is very strong and athletic. He is year 3, 4th round pick. 

Certain posters are dug in and firmly entrenched in the Volson sucks narrative. And it's pretty much the same posters who were dug in on the Zac sucks and Burrow is carrying him narrative. Once they decide something, there is no room for a man to get better.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 10:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Certain posters are dug in and firmly entrenched in the Volson sucks narrative. And it's pretty much the same posters who were dug in on the Zac sucks and Burrow is carrying him narrative. Once they decide something, there is no room for a man to get better.

Not me. I like Zac a lot.

Volson? It’s a literal fact he is bad

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 10:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Certain posters are dug in and firmly entrenched in the Volson sucks narrative. And it's pretty much the same posters who were dug in on the Zac sucks and Burrow is carrying him narrative. Once they decide something, there is no room for a man to get better.

And some are dug in and firmly entrenched in the Volson doesn't suck narrative; even though there's analytical data that supports he does.

As to the rest you're just kinda making that up. 

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 11:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: And some are dug in and firmly entrenched in the Volson doesn't suck narrative; even though there's analytical data that supports he does.

Could there be a middle ground in which he doesn’t suck, but isn’t good? He is just a borderline guy?
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 02:25 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Could there be a middle ground in which he doesn’t suck, but isn’t good? He is just a borderline guy?

Eyes, numbers, logic...everything says he is bad

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 02:25 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Could there be a middle ground in which he doesn’t suck, but isn’t good?  He is just a borderline guy?

There could be. But Connor Williams is still on the street at an estimated value of $7 Mil/Yr. I'd rather go that route and then Cordel can be good....as a backup

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 11:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: And some are dug in and firmly entrenched in the Volson doesn't suck narrative; even though there's analytical data that supports he does.

Is this your first day here??? Hilarious Is Volson the best guard I've ever seen, not even close. Is he as bad as some on here make him out to be? Not even close.
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping that, with a year of playing next to Karras and Brown Jr. that Volson will improve this year. He had Jonah year 1, then Brown Jr. last year, so maybe an off season of continuity helps him make a jump in play. I'm totally for getting him some competition via the draft in the mid rounds, or even flat out replaced with a higher pick of the right player falls in rounds 2-3. This team needs a new infusion of talent in it's trenches, and if they expect to take on the "next man up" mentality and way to run things, you'd better have the players to do so!
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 03:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Is this your first day here??? Hilarious Is Volson the best guard I've ever seen, not even close. Is he as bad as some on here make him out to be? Not even close.

Is it your first day of reading? Go back and read the part of your thread I sid you were making up...here's a hint.

It's the part about you saying they're the same posters who hate Zac....

Reply/Quote

this is a key year for Volson, he still needs to show improvement if not bengals might bring in someone to compete for his position
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 02:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There could be. But Connor Williams is still on the street at an estimated value of $7 Mil/Yr. I'd rather go that route and then Cordel can be good....as a backup

I would love Connor here as a C/G starter, as he would be the best IOL we have… if healthy. That’s the problem there, health. Worst case would be to roll with volson to start (pending a rookie), and then plug Williams in when he is ready at C or G and you slide Ted wherever.
Reply/Quote
Remember that actual coaches don't use PFF synthetic ratings to evaluate anyone, especially linemen (in part because PFF has long been acknowledged to have issues with their ratings for linemen). They do use PFF for aggregating statistics. Obviously they do not see Volson to be the train wreck some on this forum do.
Reply/Quote

Volson needs to get consistent. Guy played great against Arik Armstead last year a guy a lot of us were hoping to grab in FA.

Also like Synric said, he is probably our most athletic OL now with the Trent Brown addition. Had some great blocking in the screen game
on the big Chase Brown TD and others with Mixon. But Volson sucked for the majority early in the season last year. He needs to start off 
this next season much more consistent.

Would I like an upgrade at LG? Of course, but Cordell Volson doesn't suck. 
Reply/Quote
4.5 million cap hit is a pretty nice deal for us. That tells me thought RT is still in play at 18 but also doesn’t force us to do it.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 07:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: 4.5 million cap hit is a pretty nice deal for us. That tells me thought RT is still in play at 18 but also doesn’t force us to do it.

That is a good deal. Just listened to his interview this morning and he sounds like a good guy on top of being a really good Tackle 
when healthy. He just wants to forget about his days in New England, don't blame him.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 07:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: 4.5 million cap hit is a pretty nice deal for us. That tells me thought RT is still in play at 18 but also doesn’t force us to do it.

Yep. I am sure there are incentives that could make it go higher. 

But that is a VERY good deal for us. No getting around it. 
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 08:17 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Yep. I am sure there are incentives that could make it go higher. 

But that is a VERY good deal for us. No getting around it. 

I don’t think it goes higher. 2m gtd, 2.5 in bonuses/availability.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 03:54 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: this is a key year for Volson, he still needs to show improvement if not bengals might bring in someone to compete for his position

So we need to wait until after this year and if Volson is subpar again we do something next year?
Reply/Quote