Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey Hendrickson injury
(11-15-2023, 04:39 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Difference is he doesn't go back to sitting on the couch eating cheetos like you do. You ever played a sport let alone one like football?

Lol calm down. Yes, I was a 3 sport athlete in high school and played football collegiately at a small D1 school (FCS). So yes, given my experience, that is where my opinion comes from. I've had the injury and probably seen 20+ others. Several folks come back into the game after, several folks missed a week. But it's typically not some super serious injury which was my point. 
Reply/Quote
Two all pros out for the Ravens - Stanley and Humphry. Hopefully Trey can take advantage of the backup LT.

Their starting LG is also questionable.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
He was out in week 2 as well and Trey could only manage a couple of hurries.

Lets hope he studied tape and finds things to exploit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
He's playing tomorrow

Sam is not

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 05:38 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He was out in week 2 as well and Trey could only manage a couple of hurries.

Let’s hope he studied tape and finds things to exploit.

Exactly. I am not optimistic 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 07:15 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Exactly. I am not optimistic 

I never said I wasn't optimistic, I just stated a fact.

I think Hendrickson WILL make hay tomorrow.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll I gotta say is Hendrickson is a tough mofo
Reply/Quote
I’m sure Trey remembers Mekari locking him down as well as anyone.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 03:33 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I know for a fact Tee wouldnt return

I can see where he's coming from, though. 

Boyd literally had the bone of his finger go through his skin after dislocating and came back the next week. 
Chase had a hairline hip fracture and slight tear of his labrum and still finished the game with it, having a huge game. 

Hendrickson puked as a ~2/3rd playing time player and kept playing and people seemed to hype that up way more.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 03:33 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I know for a fact Tee wouldnt return

In recent memory (5-7 years) Name me another round 2, or later, productive receiver that has played year 4 out on a rookie contract. Almost all of them threaten to hold out and get an extension. Meanwhile, Hendrickson has been paid and has much less financial risk.

But I agree with you, but from tees seat, he has a business decision to make. Bengals didn’t agree with the value tee wants, this is the risk of that. I’m not saying one way is right or wrong.

I found 3 outliers since 2016, that would be eligible, and maybe missed another that should be on the list. Chris Godwin, tee Higgins and Michael Pittman jr. you can make the case for Christian Kirk, but he is twice as good in Jax as he was in Arizona. At any rate, the precedent is to sign your day two or later guys before year 3. And AJ browns first three years is the closest production comp you can come up
With.

Michael Thomas, round 2 2016. JUL 31 2019Signed a 5 year $96.25 million contract extension with New Orleans (NO)

Tyler Boyd, round 2 2016. JUL 23 2019Signed a 4 year $43 million contract extension with Cincinnati (CIN)

Tyreek hill, round 5 2016. SEP 6 2019Signed a 3 year $54 million contract extension with Kansas City (KC)

Cooper kupp, round 2 2017. SEP 12 2020Signed a 3 year $47.25 million contract extension with Los Angeles (LAR)

Courtland Sutton, round 2 2018. NOV 22 2021Signed a 4 year $60.8 million contract extension with Denver (DEN)

Deebo Samuel, round 2 2019.JUL 31 2022Signed a 3 year $71.55 million contract extension with San Francisco (SF)

Aj brown, round 2 2019. APR 28 2022Signed a 4 year $100 million contract extension with Philadelphia (PHI)

Dk Metcalf, round 2 2019. JUL 28 2022Signed a 3 year $72 million contract extension with Seattle (SEA)

Dionte Johnson, round 3 2019. AUG 4 2022Signed a 2 year $36.71 million contract extension with Pittsburgh (PIT)

Terry mcLauren, round 3 2019. JUN 28 2022Signed a 3 year $68.36 million contract extension with Washington (WAS

Hunter renfrow, round 5 2019. JUN 10 2022Signed a 2 year $32 million contract extension with Las Vegas (LV)
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 03:33 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I know for a fact Tee wouldnt return

Really, because it was just a couple of weeks ago he played with broken ribs.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 10:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:
I can see where he's coming from, though. 

Boyd literally had the bone of his finger go through his skin after dislocating and came back the next week. 
Chase had a hairline hip fracture and slight tear of his labrum and still finished the game with it, having a huge game. 

Hendrickson puked as a ~2/3rd playing time player and kept playing and people seemed to hype that up way more.

Don't encourage the stupidity. Higgins just played with broken ribs. You know how much it hurst for receivers to play with broken ribs? A WR simply cannot play with a hamstring injury, no matter how tough he is. If he tried to run full out on it, he would just injure it to the point it would be season ending. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 09:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m sure Trey remembers Mekari locking him down as well as anyone.

Yes sir. Another reason for optimism. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 09:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Don't encourage the stupidity. Higgins just played with broken ribs. You know how much it hurst for receivers to play with broken ribs? A WR simply cannot play with a hamstring injury, no matter how tough he is. If he tried to run full out on it, he would just injure it to the point it would be season ending. 

?

We're talking about Trey, not Tee.

Reply/Quote
Sucks that Hubbard is out too. He is our best run defending DE, we could really use him against Baltimore.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 05:33 PM)Garrus Wrote: Sucks that Hubbard is out too. He is our best run defending DE, we could really use him against Baltimore.

Linebackers are going to have to have an exceptional game tonight to fill up those run lanes. At times, they're still a bit too easy to block which leads go big gains.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 05:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ?

We're talking about Trey, not Tee.

We were, the Frank interjected this....

Quote:I know for a fact Tee wouldn't have returned. 
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 05:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: We were, the Frank interjected this....

So sounds like that reply I got should go towards Frank. I was just commenting on the fact that doesn't make Hendrickson some superhuman tough man, which Frank seemed to be disagreeing with.

I think Tee is plenty tough, he's just also plenty fragile. I think the same for Trey, but how tough he is seems to get vastly overblown and overhyped compared to other guys on the team who seem to be tougher.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 05:05 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Two all pros out for the Ravens - Stanley and Humphry. Hopefully Trey can take advantage of the backup LT.

Their starting LG is also questionable.

Has this been confirmed?

Any updates on their LG?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 05:59 PM)Whacked Wrote: Has this been confirmed?

Any updates on their LG?

I hope not. Bengals need opposing starters to play as they refuse to outplay 2nd's. Haven't you guys seen this same movie before?
Or maybe other teams 2nds are as good or better than our 1st team? Coached better? Don't know but history shows the Bengals simply not able to step up and out play other teams 2nd stringers.
Reply/Quote