Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Trump Announces Presidential Bid for 2024
(11-30-2022, 10:57 PM)hollodero Wrote: Now that I do not believe. I rather think he will once again choose a running mate that has some resemblance of conservative normalcy, one that panders to a more traditional voter base then his own one. Like when he chose Pence to get all the evangelicals. To give them one reason to think, yeah, this serial adulterer that is a mockery to every Christian belief imaginable is actually the one sent from God to save us, Pence is all the proof we need.

And imho that's how it will go again. Give the traditional conservatives, those mainly united by hating libs, one tiny reason to believe it will not be all that bad with him, and they will vote accordingly as most people always do. Trump is stupid in many ways, no doubt, but I doubt he's that stupid to put a second Trump person on the irrelevant, but symbolically important VP ticke
Trump learned his lesson with Pence.  He will choose the ultimate "yes" man or woman.  Marjorie Taylor Green or Kari Lake would both be high on his list.  Kari Lake probably would be his first choice since he is all about appearances.  And after 20 years on TV she knows how to work a camera

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2022, 12:10 AM)pally Wrote: Trump learned his lesson with Pence.  He will choose the ultimate "yes" man or woman.  Marjorie Taylor Green or Kari Lake would both be high on his list.  Kari Lake probably would be his first choice since he is all about appearances.  And after 20 years on TV she knows how to work a camera

I don't know, an older woman, that probably is below 7 in his rankings? Doesn't seem to fit his style really. But again, unfortunately we will see.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Side note, how amazingly full o' crap is Mitch McConnell saying there is no room in the GOP for white supremacy as a means to shame Trump for having dinner with Nick Fuentes while ol' Mitch himself recently voted to make interracial marriage illegal.

There is no room for white supremacy in the GOP...also, I think it should be illegal for white people to marry people who aren't white.

The GOP is going to fall in line behind Trump yet again.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 06:58 PM)hollodero Wrote: A plea to Donald Trump to put party over himself? That is the definition of futile.

maybe but i want to think that someone will be able to get in his ear an talk some sense in him. hes going to do what he wants i guess but i fear if hes goes foward with the way he is its going to be harm to the party and mean another term of biden
Reply/Quote
I imagine the two main reasons he announced his bid this early are:
1. So that he can start "campaigning" and start asking for more money from his followers. I'm sure he has already been emailing them before now with pleas for money to help keep the "radical Democrats" from putting him in jail or whatever, but now he can ramp up the emails and pleas even more.
2. To give himself some sort of "shield" against all of the investigations and potential lawsuits/criminal charges that may or may not be coming his way. Having announced his presidency bid, if he were arrested now, he can scream to the high heavens about political corruption. Again, he would do that anyway and, really, already is doing that, but this gives him a further layer of that perceived protection.

He probably already would have announced it before now had the GOP threatened him with no longer paying his legal bills if he announced before the midterms for the same reasons as above, but eh.

Trump announcing that he was going to run for 2024 was a lot like the sun announcing that it is about to set. It's like...we know, dude. You didn't have to say it.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2022, 09:24 PM)pally Wrote:

So what, Trump is demanding to overthrow the constitution now?
May no one in the future ever claim that he did not explicitly say so in advance.
Reply/Quote

I think we should redo the 1980 election.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2022, 05:07 AM)hollodero Wrote: I don't know, an older woman, that probably is below 7 in his rankings? Doesn't seem to fit his style really. But again, unfortunately we will see.

Marjorie Taylor Greene's face looks like it got run over by an ATV with squirrel guts in it's tire treads somewhere in the backwoods of Georgia.  She's gotta be less than a 2 for the Donald.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 02:31 AM)samhain Wrote: Marjorie Taylor Greene's face looks like it got run over by an ATV with squirrel guts in it's tire treads somewhere in the backwoods of Georgia.  She's gotta be less than a 2 for the Donald.

Oh my. That reads like a Trump tweet.

Honestly, I think for an almost 50 year old woman she looks ok.
Reply/Quote

[Image: 0yfsjkgzbea01.png]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

So this was three days ago. Where are the GOP members protesting this?

Nowhere of course. Don't get on Trump's bad side.

Just disgusting.
Reply/Quote
But he said it's not true !

“The Fake News is actually trying to convince the American People that I said I wanted to ‘terminate’ the Constitution. This is simply more DISINFORMATION & LIES, just like RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA, and all of their other HOAXES & SCAMS. What I said was that when there is ‘MASSIVE & WIDESPREAD FRAUD & DECEPTION,’ as has been irrefutably proven in the 2020 Presidential Election, steps must be immediately taken to RIGHT THE WRONG. Only FOOLS would disagree with that and accept STOLEN ELECTIONS. MAGA!”

Even written in front of his eyes a day before.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2022, 10:38 PM)hollodero Wrote: So what, Trump is demanding to overthrow the constitution now?
May no one in the future ever claim that he did not explicitly say so in advance.

Actually, I think he is saying that a state of emergency should be declared--or
if he had competent political advice that is what he would be calling for.

The "fraudulent" election means that we have to go around the Constitution,
arguably in order to save it, because the people running the government
now were not legally elected. 

Political scientists call this a "state of exception" (Ausnahmezustand). 

I actually don't see in his tweet a call for "terminating the Consitution," 
though everyone is running with that.  If he were right about the fraud,
his thinking would be correct here--"Constitutional" even.
Reply/Quote
I like democracy so the thought of trump in the WH is really horrible. He is an ignorant, lazy, man who is borderline treasonous... At best... I believe the CIA over Putin any day and as a veteran any president who doesn't needs to show his tax returns and go to basic military training.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 10:49 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: But he said it's not true !

“The Fake News is actually trying to convince the American People that I said I wanted to ‘terminate’ the Constitution. This is simply more DISINFORMATION & LIES, just like RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA, and all of their other HOAXES & SCAMS. What I said was that when there is ‘MASSIVE & WIDESPREAD FRAUD & DECEPTION,’ as has been irrefutably proven in the 2020 Presidential Election, steps must be immediately taken to RIGHT THE WRONG. Only FOOLS would disagree with that and accept STOLEN ELECTIONS. MAGA!”

Even written in front of his eyes a day before.

Kind of reminds me of when Charles Barkley said he was misquoted in his autobiography.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Pathetic may be an understatment. This is the former President of the United States, hawking a junk item like he's on a 3AM informerical

Reply/Quote
I
Have
No
Words.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Wow, only 99 dollars! That's almost too generous. Poor Donald, he also should think about himself a bit for a change.
Reply/Quote
Wowza, so Trump is selling what amounts to those "YOUR CHILD'S FACE ON A SUPER HERO BODY!" novelty gifts, except instead of your 6 year old son's face pasted onto a super hero or race car driver's body, it's the face of a man who is nearly 80 and it's $100 and he was the president.  Amazing.

I also love that as a taxpayer I get to work so Trump's old and stupid cult members can blow their social security, welfare, and disability checks on this crap.

EDIT - Wait, they are NFTs?  Are those still a thing?  You know what, TRUMP 2024, screw it, this guy is it.

I also love how his pitch video starts with him saying he's hopefully your favorite president of all time, better than Lincoln, better than Washington. I notice he didn't mention Reagan, a guy who was president within the past 160 years, just to play it safe. Also, Lincoln fought against the confederacy and Washington was born in another country....screw those guys.
Reply/Quote