Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Trump FINALLY indicted: "We are living in a Police State" say Fox Commentators
(03-31-2023, 10:22 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Honest question.... do any of you truly believe this isn't politically motivated ?

Honest answer:

I don't, given the evidence so far presented. Not any more than the Trump university prosecution was political.

There are always a lot of politics AROUND Trump investigations though--denials he said what he said on video and the like.
screams of "witch hunt." Those are wholly political and deny evidence.

Prosecutors always have to act "prudentially" around him for fear of rioting and more people dying. That's political.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So, Trump is indicted. Okay. That means a prosecutors office believes there is sufficient evidence to charge him for a crime. Did he do it? I don't know, and probably will never know since I won't be sitting in that jury and seeing all of the evidence presented. To me, it is like the OJ Trial. I know what the media presented, but I really didn't see everything presented to that jury. Personally, I am not a fan of Trump. I could list the faults I find in him here, but I don't really see much point. But how I feel about a dude and whether he committed this particular crime (or other additional crimes) are separate issues. I trust in our justice system to come to a conclusion on the matter.

Concerning the "living in a police state" comments from Fox News, didn't we go through four years of their network promoting a police state? I thought that was what they wanted. They seemed to be all for it when they were stereotyping protestors as rioters. Jeeze guys, make up your minds!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
 masonbengals fanHonest question.... do any of you truly believe this isn't politically motivated ?

Yes and no.

The case is steeped in politics top begin with since the whole basis for Trump to allegedly pay someone 'hush' money was because he was running for political office, which is what started this whole thing. Would this have come to court if this had started with Trump allegedly paying someone hush money so that a revelation would not hurt him in a business dealing (obviously overlooking that Trump tended to see the whole Presidential run and time in office as a business dealing)? I don't think so. We like to think that our politicians are more heavily scrutinized and held to a "higher ethical standard" than business people in the U.S. But if there is any truth to that, it is only because the rival party vets opponents and demands accountability through media platforms, eh.

So, you always have the opposing parties looking for 'dirt' on each other. But sometimes, that search for dirt reveals what the opposition might consider a 'gold nugget': a potential prosecutable violation of the law (i.e. a mudslingers wet dream). If that happens, the opposition can turn it over to the justice department to investigate and follow up on. The opposition loves this because they can now sling mud from the sideline while a supposedly unaligned third party takes the field and makes a determination if there is sufficient evidence to pursue charges and to follow up/not follow up as the situation requires in their determination. I write 'supposedly unaligned third party' in reference to the Justice Department because 1) it is a large bureaucratic department with many lawyers and judges who support one party or another to some degree or another (i.e. results may vary depending on who, when, and where); and 2) as a massive bureaucratic department reflecting many views, the overall effect nationwide is to appear unbiased. But that said, criminal charges are criminal charges and even the most blatantly partisan judges cannot totally ignore or white wash them. If someone apparently broke the law and the charges make it to a docket, they will get consideration.

So, yeah, the case doesn't see the light of day if not for a political motivation (I believe the official 2020's response is, "Yeah... so what?"). But at the same time, a court finding finding sufficient evidence of violation of a law to indict is generally not politically motivated.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote

[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
Gutfeld (the comedian) looks a bit ...distracted?

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 07:35 PM)GMDino Wrote:  

lol, politicians now using the jokes we've been saying for a few years.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 07:44 PM)basballguy Wrote: lol, politicians now using the jokes we've been saying for a few years.  

[Image: FskBE-GWAAoTaxS?format=jpg&name=small]
Reply/Quote
What we REALLY need to show how political this is is to have the POTUS get invloved and condemn it.

What?

Ah...I remember those halcyon days when I was told on this board the Trump was done and had no power over the Republican party.  Now even the "outsiders" are bending over backward to defend him.  It's adorable.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 08:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: What we REALLY need to show how political this is is to have the POTUS get invloved and condemn it.

What?

Ah...I remember those halcyon days when I was told on this board the Trump was done and had no power over the Republican party.  Now even the "outsiders" are bending over backward to defend him.  It's adorable.

Really not a bad idea, when you consider all of the shady money deals the Biden family and associates are being connected to.  What a better way to mitigate potential consequences on one's self than to throw a life line to a fellow degenerate. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 10:22 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Honest question.... do any of you truly believe this isn't politically motivated ?

No, I believe if he wasn't indicted it would have been politically motivated.  NY AGs office had this ready to go under Cy Vance, ready to levy charges and then Bill Barr stepped in and called the dogs off.  Then AG Barr cited a DOJ memo that a sitting president cannot be charged or indicted with a crime. So there's Trump's AG doing something political to shield him from justice. 

I do believe this is the least of Trump's problems-- The attack/ Coup attempt on our Capitol on January 6th predicated by Trump's BIG Lie that murdered + maimed police officers and sought to place false electors to overthrow our democracy is punishable by treason and/or insurrection.  It could be argued, by a direct and proximate result of Trump's actions on January 6th that led to the death and felonious assault of several police officers, Trump should be charged accordingly with murder, assault, and manslaughter. 

History will not be kind to Trump, and he will go down right there with Benedict Arnold as one of the biggest traitors to our Constitution that he swore to uphold and protect but failed miserably due to his malignant narcissism.   Benedict Donald.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 08:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Really not a bad idea, when you consider all of the shady money deals the Biden family and associates are being connected to.  What a better way to mitigate potential consequences on one's self than to throw a life line to a fellow degenerate. 

That reminds of of something one of my college friends said right after the 2020 election.

He said that when he goes to accounting seminars/events (he's a real wild one) it is well known in those circles how dirty the Biden family is.  So I asked for an example and he said "Well, I can't tell you but their are really shady!"  

So I asked if they had ever been told they had to shut down their charity and never run one again because of how they handled the money?  No.
Did one of the kids steal from a cancer charity fund they ran? No.
Did one of them get 2 billion from the Saudis right after leaving office? No.
Did they report making almost 200 million during their four years in office?  No.

He said it's just well known how bad that whole family is...but he "couldn't" tell me why.  

So I guess it will be found out some day!   Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 07:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: FskBE-GWAAoTaxS?format=jpg&name=small]

am i supposed to know who this is?
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 08:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: That reminds of of something one of my college friends said right after the 2020 election.

He said that when he goes to accounting seminars/events (he's a real wild one) it is well known in those circles how dirty the Biden family is.  So I asked for an example and he said "Well, I can't tell you but their are really shady!"  

So I asked if they had ever been told they had to shut down their charity and never run one again because of how they handled the money?  No.
Did one of the kids steal from a cancer charity fund they ran? No.
Did one of them get 2 billion from the Saudis right after leaving office? No.
Did they report making almost 200 million during their four years in office?  No.

He said it's just well known how bad that whole family is...but he "couldn't" tell me why.  

So I guess it will be found out some day!   Mellow

What, you expect a "college buddy" to break confidentiality?  

Perhaps if you watch Sarah McLachlan save the animals commercials on an endless loop for long enough, you'll just sit quietly in the corner?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Lots of folks are big mad that the figurehead of the party of personal responsibility is suffering the consequences of his actions.

Rules for thee, am I right?
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 08:43 PM)basballguy Wrote: am i supposed to know who this is?

You're posting tweets from the guy.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 10:53 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You're posting tweets from the guy.

Here we go again with you making shit up.  I don't even know how to post tweets.  

Maybe I replied to a comment that had this guy tweeting in it but i still have no ***** clue who he is.  
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 09:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What, you expect a "college buddy" to break confidentiality?  

Perhaps if you watch Sarah McLachlan save the animals commercials on an endless loop for long enough, you'll just sit quietly in the corner?

In the arms of an angel.....

Side note: Her, "Silence" song was one of the best songs that ever happened to the EDM world.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 10:45 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: So based on your prior post. You do believe it's politically motivated. 

Maybe don't chose criminals as nominees. That would solve the problem.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 08:43 PM)basballguy Wrote: am i supposed to know who this is?

This is Lady G. An hypocrite who tried to interfere in the Georgian election in 2020. Only God knows why because it was not his business. 

You see him crying here because he knows he will be indicted for that too as much as the former guy. 

Once again, I'll repeat myself. Don't wanna see your candidates indicted ? Don't chose criminals as nominees. 

And if you have a case for a prosecution for an opponent who is really a criminal noone here will blame you for political reasons. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2023, 02:02 AM)basballguy Wrote: Here we go again with you making shit up.  I don't even know how to post tweets.  

Maybe I replied to a comment that had this guy tweeting in it but i still have no ***** clue who he is.  

Oh look at that. Didn't see that it wad a quote.

My bad.
Reply/Quote