Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Pressures Obama Over U.N. Resolution on Israeli Settlements
(12-27-2016, 04:35 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Maybe it's the:
Missile Defense System they have created? Iron Dome ring any bells?
Maybe their "Spike" family of missiles?
Their usage of ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance)?
Their Avionics technology?

Now Israel has suspended ties with all 10 UN Nations that voted in favor of the UN resolution.

The UNited States was offered the Spike Missiles back in the 90's and rejected them in favor of our own system.  Since then Israel has sold Spike Missiles to dozens of countries that do not give Israel $10 million a day. 

I believe that United State's Raytheon had a hand in developing the Iron Curtain system, but the US does not really need a defense system against short range missiles.

Any technology they share with us is not worth the amount of money we give them.
(12-27-2016, 04:35 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Oh I don't know, the Country is ranked 5th in innovative Technologies by Bloomberg.

Maybe it's the:

Now Israel has suspended ties with all 10 UN Nations that voted in favor of the UN resolution.

They gonna send any of that money back then?  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Israel is claiming that they have proof that the United States was the main actor behind the resolution.

Let's see if they get so upset they refuse any of our money.
(12-27-2016, 05:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Israel is claiming that they have proof that the United States was the main actor behind the resolution.

Let's see if they get so upset they refuse any of our money.

Heck they'll want more because we did something.
(12-27-2016, 04:35 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Oh I don't know, the Country is ranked 5th in innovative Technologies by Bloomberg.

Maybe it's the:

Eh, outside of the Arrow, it's been more of a one way street with the U.S. providing technical data or introducing manufacturers like U.S. based Lockheed to Israel.

Obama requested we fund Iron Dome installations on behalf of Israel... not the U.S. (I know, I know, Obama supposedly hates the country, and the fact he asked Congress for a couple hundred million goes against most of what propaganda sites have been saying, but it's true). What did we get out of it? Just a warm fuzzy feeling for saving Israeli citizens (which, personally, I'm ok with).

Did they give us the Iron Dome for our gift of helping them save lives?

LOL no, no. That wouldn't be good business.

Instead, it opened doors for Raytheon — a U.S. weapons manufacturer owned by a handful of investment companies and the ever-present BlackRock — to try to work out a deal with Rafael (the Israeli arms counterpart) where Raytheon would use it's DC connections to gets another couple hundred million out of Congress to start integrating Rafael's technology into it's own for a U.S. version. In other words, Raytheon wanted the US to pay hundreds of millions to get technology it had already spent hundreds of millions to help build.

tl;dr, We give Israel $3 billion... plus $200 million... they develop Iron Dome and then try to sell it to us for another $200-$300 million.

Come on, man, if that's the plan, just round our current budget up to $600 billion and have Raytheon or whoever build it themselves for a couple billion.

Or, hell, even better, pull back our global police force and pump $500 billion a year into cutting the deficit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-27-2016, 05:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The UNited States was offered the Spike Missiles back in the 90's and rejected them in favor of our own system.  Since then Israel has sold Spike Missiles to dozens of countries that do not give Israel $10 million a day. 

I believe that United State's Raytheon had a hand in developing the Iron Curtain system, but the US does not really need a defense system against short range missiles.

Any technology they share with us is not worth the amount of money we give them.

(12-27-2016, 05:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: They gonna send any of that money back then?  Ninja

(12-27-2016, 05:25 PM)Benton Wrote: Eh, outside of the Arrow, it's been more of a one way street with the U.S. providing technical data or introducing manufacturers like U.S. based Lockheed to Israel.

Obama requested we fund Iron Dome installations on behalf of Israel... not the U.S. (I know, I know, Obama supposedly hates the country, and the fact he asked Congress for a couple hundred million goes against most of what propaganda sites have been saying, but it's true). What did we get out of it? Just a warm fuzzy feeling for saving Israeli citizens (which, personally, I'm ok with).

Did they give us the Iron Dome for our gift of helping them save lives?

LOL no, no. That wouldn't be good business.

Instead, it opened doors for Raytheon — a U.S. weapons manufacturer owned by a handful of investment companies and the ever-present BlackRock — to try to work out a deal with Rafael (the Israeli arms counterpart) where Raytheon would use it's DC connections to gets another couple hundred million out of Congress to start integrating Rafael's technology into it's own for a U.S. version. In other words, Raytheon wanted the US to pay hundreds of millions to get technology it had already spent hundreds of millions to help build.

tl;dr, We give Israel $3 billion... plus $200 million... they develop Iron Dome and then try to sell it to us for another $200-$300 million.

Come on, man, if that's the plan, just round our current budget up to $600 billion and have Raytheon or whoever build it themselves for a couple billion.

Or, hell, even better, pull back our global police force and pump $500 billion a year into cutting the deficit.

Learn how to read people.
I said we pay them to keep that technology out of the hands of Russia and China.

So if you want to make comparisons, make it with Russia, China and Israel.
(12-27-2016, 06:09 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Learn how to read people.
I said we pay them to keep that technology out of the hands of Russia and China.

Why would they give the technology to Russia or China in the first place?

If those two countries paid more would they blow us off and give it to them?
(12-27-2016, 06:09 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Learn how to read people.

They wouldn't dare. Putting it into the hands of China or Russia means it will end up in the hands of people that don't like them. They know that those two countries are far more likely to let that technology go for a big enough price tag.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(12-27-2016, 09:20 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: They wouldn't dare. Putting it into the hands of China or Russia means it will end up in the hands of people that don't like them. They know that those two countries are far more likely to let that technology go for a big enough price tag.

Where have you been? They have sold both some military technology in the recent past.
In fact, China is selling J-10's to Iran and those fighter planes have Israeli technology in them.
Also isn't Russia deploying Israeli Drones in Syria right now?
(12-27-2016, 06:09 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Learn how to read people.

Mellow

(12-27-2016, 09:30 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Where have you been? They have sold both some military technology in the recent past.
In fact, China is selling J-10's to Iran and those fighter planes have Israeli technology in them.

Mellow
(12-27-2016, 09:30 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Where have you been? They have sold both some military technology in the recent past.

Those are different things than Iron Dome. Sales of military technology like what you describe happen all the time, but there are certain things that they will be much more selective as to whom those things are sold.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
I guess these values do match up with many right wing Americans when you think about it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5jG6kJm-50k

Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions. It's the only way to change an apartheid state's policy.
(12-27-2016, 09:30 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Where have you been? They have sold both some military technology in the recent past.

so we give them billions so they don't sell military technology to Russia and china. And we know they would because they've sold military tech to Russia and China?

I want a dang refund then.

seriously though, that has nothing to do with it.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/12/28/john-kerry-middle-east-peace/95904264/

Quote:A vote on approving permits for the construction of hundreds of homes for Israelis in East Jerusalem was canceled Wednesday, ahead of a speech by Secretary of State John Kerry that will outline the Obama administration's vision for peace in the Middle East.

A municipal committee in Jerusalem axed plans for a vote on approving permits for the building of nearly 500 homes, the Jerusalem Post reported.

Planning and Housing Committee member Hanan Rubin said Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu requested the vote be removed from the agenda to avoid further straining relations with the Obama administration ahead of Kerry’s speech, Reuters reported. Netanyahu’s office had no immediate comment.

[/url]
[url=http://www.usatoday.com/story/sponsor-story/motley-fool/2016/11/09/3-cheap-stocks-you-can-buy-today/93164922/]
"The prime minister said that while he supports construction in Jerusalem, we don't have to inflame the situation any further," Rubin said, according to Reuters.

The committee could approve the construction permits at a later date.

Kerry will outline a vision for an Israel-Palestine peace agreement and “address some of the misleading critiques” directed at the Obama administration in his speech Wednesday, the New York Times reported.

It comes after the Obama administration broke with long-standing U.S. tradition last week and abstained from a U.N. Security Council resolution condemning Israeli settlements on land claimed by Palestinians for an independent state.

Gilad Erdan, the Israeli public security minister, told Israel Army Radio that Kerry's planned speech is a “pathetic move” and “anti-democratic,” the Associated Press reported.

Erdan said any proposals by Kerry for an Israel-Palestine peace deal will limit President-elect Donald Trump’s ability to set his own policy. He said officials from the Obama administration are “pro-Palestinian” and “don’t understand what’s happening in the Middle East," according to the AP.

The U.N. resolution was assailed by Netanyahu and other Israeli officials, who vowed construction of settlements would continue.

The U.S. called Israeli settlements on land claimed by Palestinians a “flagrant violation” of international law. The United States has used its veto on the Security Council to block similar measures. About 600,000 Israeli settlers live on land in the West Bank and East Jerusalem that both Israel and Palestinians claim rights to.
(12-27-2016, 03:03 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Well one would think if you are going to ***** about sending them money, then you should know why we are sending them money. Instead of "parroting the left agenda".

We still get intel, but more importantly, we get advanced technologies from them and pay to keep those technologies from falling into the hands of Russia and China.

Extortion. Thanks for clearing it up. 
(12-23-2016, 01:20 PM)Dill Wrote: I agree, but it's too late.  Egypt has already withdrawn it.

The US under Obama has agreed with the rest of the world that the settlements are a violation of international law, but nevertheless vetoed the condemnation resolution in 2011, on the ground that it would hamper, not help the peace process.

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=37572#.WF1MyWwixMs

Trump's choice of ambassador and his intervention in Obama's foreign policy while Obama is president apparently signal Trump will abandon any pretense to peace broker here.

If the US abandons all pretense to being an impartial peace broker, then US foreign policy in the Middle East will be henceforward viewed by regional powers as an extension of Israeli policy.  Probably the rest of the world will see it that way as well, since only the US is blocking the vote.

This raises the potential for instability and blowback--and unnecessarily, I think.

Certainly not going to help Trump bomb the shit out of ISIS. If there is one thing our Arab allies in the fight against ISIS hate more than ISIS, it is Israel. Quickly followed by supporters of Israel and new Israeli settlements. 
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-israel-netanyahu-idUSKBN14H1MM?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

Quote:Israel's attorney-general orders criminal probe against PM Netanyahu: TV

Israel's attorney-general has ordered police to open a criminal investigation in two unspecified matters involving Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Israel's Channel 10 television said on Wednesday.

A Justice Ministry spokeswoman said in a statement that checks in the matter "are still ongoing and this is neither confirmation or denial of what has been alleged".

"The attorney-general, the police and prosecutors are working in close cooperation and a public announcement will be made in due course about the investigation," she said.

There was no immediate response from Netanyahu's office to a Reuters query on the report.

Netanyahu has in the past denied wrongdoing in the purchase of submarines from Germany, where media have reported a potential conflict of interest involving his lawyer.

The Channel 10 report said Attorney-General Avihai Mandelblit had authorized police to question Netanyahu under caution, and that a date for the interrogation would be set in the coming days.

It said the more serious of the two cases that Mandelblit had been examining had not yet leaked out to the public.
http://www.israelvideonetwork.com/pm-netanyahu-just-rocked-the-world-in-this-2-minute-speech/

Anyone see this?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(12-29-2016, 02:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: http://www.israelvideonetwork.com/pm-netanyahu-just-rocked-the-world-in-this-2-minute-speech/

Anyone see this?

Well... he can start by not bulldozing Palestinian homes.
That would be a step in the right direction.

The Palestinians are interacting within the cities, because cities are the only places they can work and shop.
If young Palestinians throw rocks at Israeli soldiers, all checkpoints are locked down, all Palestinians are kept from working, and shopping.
You can only make and spend (substantial amounts of) money in Jewish cities.
There hasn't been a racket like that since the coal mining company stores.

BTW.... I know a lot of people only know what has been shown on the news, so I'm not attacking anyone's position.
I've just been lucky enough to speak to a few people who lived in the area.
(12-29-2016, 02:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: http://www.israelvideonetwork.com/pm-netanyahu-just-rocked-the-world-in-this-2-minute-speech/

Anyone see this?

This is like when white people cry and try and play the victim card over BET even though they control 95% of all the media.

Israel has a stranglehold on all the infrastructure and commerce in the area yet they are not satisfied.  The also want to take over the Palistinian areas.