Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump Tweets...
(07-27-2020, 12:59 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Do you want to start the thread about the Republican healthcare plan to replace Obamacare? Or should I?

You can't start empty threads. The system will give you the following error message: "The message is missing. Please enter a message."
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 07:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This whole forum has become redundant. Endless threads started about how shitty Trump and those one the Right are started by the woke folk. 

Don't blame the woke folk for the shittiness of Trump. That there's constant posts about it is a direct consequence of Trump saying shitty things and posting shitty tweets constantly.

This I often find quite strange. When Trump says "the media is the enemy of the people" (or many many other things) the first time, one can be enraged about it. But if he says it constantly, or if he tweets asinine shit constantly, then it starts getting normal and those still pointing out how outrageous that still is are told to let it go already. This is weird, how much one is just supposed to get used to. So ok, the president lies about a pandemic now every day in word and tweet. Get used to it, don't point it out more than once so conservatives are not annoyed. What kind of expectation is that?

As for me specifically, I never get used to all that and can still not understand how someone saying things like this can not be condemned universally. I don't blame those pointing it out again and again. I blame those who still refuse to acknowledge it.

And mostly I blame Trump for the nature of Trump tweets, not those that post them.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 02:17 AM)hollodero Wrote: Don't blame the woke folk for the shittiness of Trump. That there's constant posts about it is a direct consequence of Trump saying shitty things and posting shitty tweets constantly.

This I often find quite strange. When Trump says "the media is the enemy of the state" (or many many other things) the first time, one can be enraged about it. But if he says it constantly, or if he tweets asinine shit constantly, then it starts getting normal and those still pointing out how outrageous that still is are told to let it go already. This is weird, how much one is just supposed to get used to. So ok, the president lies about a pandemic now every day in word and tweet. Get used to it, don't point it out more than once so conservatives are not annoyed. What kind of expectation is that?

As for me specifically, I never get used to all that and can still not understand how someone saying things like this can not be condemned universally. I don't blame those pointing it out again and again. I blame those who still refuse to acknowledge it.

And mostly I blame Trump for the nature of Trump tweets, not those that post them.

Oh, shit. I think you just made it onto the woke list.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 02:22 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Oh, shit. I think you just made it onto the woke list.

Nah, he called Dino out for his racism allegations and pointed out that the Steele dossier was funded, at least in part (at some point), by the Clinton campaign and not exactly on firm factual ground.  I'd say Hollo is on the paying attention to facts list.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 02:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Never mind.  Here it is

[Image: leave-donald-trump-alone.jpg]

He looked a lot different when he played for the Bengals.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Unsurprisingly Trump, much like his followers, doesn't understand how Twitter works.  And naturally it is a conspiracy to get him.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 08:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: Unsurprisingly Trump, much like his followers, doesn't understand how Twitter works.  And naturally it is a conspiracy to get him.

Don’t worry, Twitter. If it’s illegal the law and order president will give you a pardon.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 07:54 PM)jason Wrote: He looked a lot different when he played for the Bengals.

Actually I should not have gone there.

That post was nothing but inflamatory.  I have deleted it.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 02:17 AM)hollodero Wrote: Don't blame the woke folk for the shittiness of Trump. That there's constant posts about it is a direct consequence of Trump saying shitty things and posting shitty tweets constantly.

This I often find quite strange. When Trump says "the media is the enemy of the people" (or many many other things) the first time, one can be enraged about it. But if he says it constantly, or if he tweets asinine shit constantly, then it starts getting normal and those still pointing out how outrageous that still is are told to let it go already. This is weird, how much one is just supposed to get used to. So ok, the president lies about a pandemic now every day in word and tweet. Get used to it, don't point it out more than once so conservatives are not annoyed. What kind of expectation is that?

Nowhere did I blame the Woke for Trump's shittiness. I simply pointed to the avalanche of threads.

Let's try this: I respect you as a poster; although, we often disagree. Hit the back arrow, return to the homepage of this forum and tell me you're happy with the diversity of topics. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 11:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nowhere did I blame the Woke for Trump's shittiness. I simply pointed to the avalanche of threads.

Well, you used the term "the woke", which sounds sarcastic and hence critical.

(07-27-2020, 11:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's try this: I respect you as a poster; although, we often disagree. Hit the back arrow, return to the homepage of this forum and tell me you're happy with the diversity of topics. 

I might be the wrong person to ask that question. Trump is front and center for me, without Trump I'd probably be posting something irrelevant in JN once a month, I am not looking for diverse topics honestly. Mainly because inneramerican affairs don't interest me that much. Trump and Trump supporters, on the other hand, fascinate me.
As non-American, I can report that even amongst my peers, Trump has become a prominent topic on nearly every occasion. Including with folks that usually are not that political or don't care as much about world politics. It's not because I bring it up either. It is because Trump is uniquely absurd and unfathomable, and he renews that impression weekly to daily. It is no surprise that this gets discussed plenty, and though I cannot exactly prove that, I'd wager that pretty much every comparable US message board looks pretty much like this one these days.
It's not about the "woke folk" and their questionable choice of topics imho, it's because of Trump's utter absurdity, and to an extent about the absurdity of folks trying everything they can to diminish or normalize that absurdity (which only adds to it). And it's everywhere, he's always the elephant in the room. Eg. how could one discuss corona without pointing to Trump? The US is ravaged like no other western country and the leader of the free world mutters falsehoods and sillyness about it every single day. I have never seen anything like that. And the same is true for oh so many other things, week in and week out, day in and day out. The lack of topic diversity is because of Trump, not because of woke people's contractedness.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2020, 04:44 AM)hollodero Wrote: Well, you used the term "the woke", which sounds sarcastic and hence critical.

I might be the wrong person to ask that question. Trump is front and center for me, without Trump I'd probably be posting something irrelevant in JN once a month, I am not looking for diverse topics honestly. Mainly because inneramerican affairs don't interest me that much. Trump and Trump supporters, on the other hand, fascinate me.
As non-American, I can report that even amongst my peers, Trump has become a prominent topic on nearly every occasion. Including with folks that usually are not that political or don't care as much about world politics. It's not because I bring it up either. It is because Trump is uniquely absurd and unfathomable, and he renews that impression weekly to daily. It is no surprise that this gets discussed plenty, and though I cannot exactly prove that, I'd wager that pretty much every comparable US message board looks pretty much like this one these days.
It's not about the "woke folk" and their questionable choice of topics imho, it's because of Trump's utter absurdity, and to an extent about the absurdity of folks trying everything they can to diminish or normalize that absurdity (which only adds to it). And it's everywhere, he's always the elephant in the room. Eg. how could one discuss corona without pointing to Trump? The US is ravaged like no other western country and the leader of the free world mutters falsehoods and sillyness about it every single day. I have never seen anything like that. And the same is true for oh so many other things, week in and week out, day in and day out. The lack of topic diversity is because of Trump, not because of woke people's contractedness.
For real? You look at this forum and your take away is folks trying to rationalize Trump? Hell there's a topic about John Lewis dying and HIS legacy. The 3rd post was about Mark Rubio and it took a total of 8 post honoring a Civil Rights legend before it turned to Trump. That's why I use the term "woke", because 95% of the threads in this forum are started to show how someone is not woke. 

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2020, 08:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: For real? You look at this forum and your take away is folks trying to rationalize Trump? Hell there's a topic about John Lewis dying and HIS legacy. The 3rd post was about Mark Rubio and it took a total of 8 post honoring a Civil Rights legend before it turned to Trump. That's why I use the term "woke", because 95% of the threads in this forum are started to show how someone is not woke. 

This post goes against the new PNR.  Has nothing to do with the topic and is bringing another post.  Please stop.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2020, 09:36 AM)GMDino Wrote: This post goes against the new PNR.  Has nothing to do with the topic and is bringing another post.  Please stop.

I think it was germane to the discussion of possible Trump overkill that was the current topic of conversation. Now if I would have brought up the posters who chose to dishonor Congressman Lewis in the thread honoring his legacy then I'd agree. But I will exit this thread never to return.

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 05:57 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote:  

The Lincoln Project just replied 

Turns out this tweet was a lie by Trump too.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/07/trump-made-up-his-yankees-opening-pitch-invite-report.html

Quote:Like many notable events of his presidency, last week’s bizarre back-and-forth between Trump and the New York Yankees reportedly began from a place of personal hostility. On Thursday, hours before noted Washington Nationals fan Dr. Anthony Fauci threw out the opening pitch to inaugurate Major League Baseball’s pandemic season, President Trump stood at the podium of the White House briefing room and informed the press that he would have his own on-field ceremony next month in the Bronx. “Randy Levine is a great friend on mine from the Yankees,” Trump said, of the team’s president. “And he asked me to throw out the first pitch, and I think I’m doing that on August 15 at Yankee Stadium.”

According to the New York Times, Trump broke the news because he was frustrated by Fauci’s time in the stadium lights — perhaps the pettiest moment yet in the president’s tiff with the public-health official he sees as competition for the nation’s attention. But when he made the announcement, no actual date had been set. 
Though White House officials had called the Yankees to make good on a standing offer from the team’s president, neither party had confirmed that Trump would throw out the first pitch that Saturday night in August. The announcement reportedly alarmed both the Yankees and White House staffers — resulting in aides scrambling “to let the team know that he was actually booked on Aug. 15, although they have not said what he plans to do.”

Then on Sunday, the president declined the RSVP for his self-invite, citing his “strong focus” on dealing with the pandemic.

While Trump obviously has bigger problems than making up engagements to draw attention away from the nation’s top infectious disease expert in the middle of a devastating pandemic, so do the Yankees. On Monday, 14 coaches and players on the Miami Marlins tested positive for the coronavirus, leading to further doubts that the MLB can responsibly pull off a 60-game season featuring interstate travel among all of its 30 teams.

Perhaps one appeal of quickly setting a date for Randy Levine’s standing offer was that Trump would not have to throw the pitch in front of a crowd of New Yorkers, a city notoriously over its erstwhile real-estate scion. Last October, the president had a conversation with MLB commissioner Rob Manfred about throwing out the first pitch at the World Series game he attended in Nationals Stadium. Trump decided not to do it — concerned, according to Manfred, about “fans getting into the stadium” — which was probably the smart bet, considering the D.C. crowd booed him for even being at the game.

The president has had a hard time projecting plans with his fellow C-suiters this year: In March, Trump announced that Google would help build the federal government’s COVID-response website, though the company reportedly had no idea it had signed on for such a project. And in April, Trump announced his Opening Our Country Council, listing executives at Pfizer, McDonalds, and Cisco Systems as team members, to the surprise of the business leaders.
Reply/Quote
Trump is a political black hole the likes of which this generation has never really seen before.

It's almost surreal knowing that we're living through one of the most discussed and objectively interesting presidencies in recent history. This time period will likely have its own chapter dedicated to it in future history books.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2020, 08:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: For real? You look at this forum and your take away is folks trying to rationalize Trump? Hell there's a topic about John Lewis dying and HIS legacy. The 3rd post was about Mark Rubio and it took a total of 8 post honoring a Civil Rights legend before it turned to Trump. That's why I use the term "woke", because 95% of the threads in this forum are started to show how someone is not woke. 

It's not my complete takeaway, but it sure contributes to it. If everyone were in agreement that the crazy shit Trump does and says is actually crazy shit, some debates would be much shorter. It's when people diminish the crazy shit or call it not all that crazy or not crazier than anyone etc etc when the thing gets lengthy.

That it is not always necessary to bring Trump into debates might be true. I have to say though, it is also not necessary to complain about users in a John Lewis thread in a Trump tweets thread. If the board would consist of more bfines, almost every topic would divert to discussing liberal misbehaviour. It's just people's interests.

[Btw my main takeaway is still that the reason why Trump dominates the debates is simply that Trump does so much unspeakably crazy and shitty things. Not so much that people are irrationally obsessed with him.]
Reply/Quote
The dude tweeted some ads for a pizza while one of his support died from COVID after going to a rally he organized.

I mean, ... is this real life ?

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 02:31 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: The dude tweeted some ads for a pizza while one of his support died from COVID after going to a rally he organized.

I mean, ... is this real life ?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.axios.com/coronavirus-texas-official-grandparents-die-172ca951-891c-44e7-a9ec-77c486e0c5c3.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Hale

LT. Governor Dan Patrick only regrets that Herman Cain had but one life to lose for his grandchildren’s economy.

As Tucker Carlson so eloquently stated (and Patrick agreed), some things are worse than dying.

We can’t let the cure be worse than the disease.
Reply/Quote
President Trump is LASER FOCUSED today.

On, uh, suburban housewives worried about "property values" and Corey Booker and also..um...Bill Maher?

[Image: EfOSEsbXoAEtc6O?format=jpg&name=medium]
Reply/Quote
During a pandemic, election, mass unemployment, etc...Trump is focused on the issues that matter most to the America voter:  Calling people on television names and berating them for their ratings.

Truly this is the leadership America needs.  Ninja
Reply/Quote