Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump Tweets...
(08-13-2020, 09:14 AM)GMDino Wrote: During a pandemic, election, mass unemployment, etc...Trump is focused on the issues that matter most to the America voter:  Calling people on television names and berating them for their ratings.

Truly this is the leadership America needs.  Ninja

Ditzy... cool.

I mean, those two were nasty, especially her. He is allowed to hit back, right? Just perfecly normal. Remember when FOX did not praise Obama and then Obama called out Fox and Friends for being led by dumb as a rock moron number one and embarrasing dummy moron number two and a badly facelifted dog in between. It's just politics.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 09:28 AM)hollodero Wrote: Ditzy... cool.

I mean, those two were nasty, especially her. He is allowed to hit back, right? Just perfecly normal. Remember when FOX did not praise Obama and then Obama called out Fox and Friends for being led by dumb as a rock moron number one and embarrasing dummy moron number two and a badly facelifted dog in between. It's just politics.

Trump's words lose all meaning of course, when he directs such insults at his own ex-cabinet members. The same ones who are "great" at the time of hire, yet magically become "dumb as a rock". Like, how pathetic is your judgment if the people you praise suddenly become terrible when you fire them for no real cause. Why do you keep hiring such people? Also the next time you praise someone as great, means literally nothing. 

And yeah, not like there aren't bigger issues at hand for POTUS instead of TV hosts. Truly presidential.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2020, 08:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: For real? You look at this forum and your take away is folks trying to rationalize Trump? Hell there's a topic about John Lewis dying and HIS legacy. The 3rd post was about Mark Rubio and it took a total of 8 post honoring a Civil Rights legend before it turned to Trump. That's why I use the term "woke", because 95% of the threads in this forum are started to show how someone is not woke. 

"A total of 8 posts" doesn't seem particularly bad to me.

People taking up all that forum space criticizing Trump do so because they think he is uniquely bad and dangerous, a threat to the Republic, or at very least a symptom of something very wrong with it. And part of that symptom is that his abuses of power are rewarded by millions, a source of indifference to other millions. That generates immense anxiety about the future in the remainder of voters.

When you register such amazement at the space on a politics message board devoted to criticizing an unprecedently terrible person in charge of the country during a pandemic, and attribute the criticism to "hate," then you appear to deny that he is unprecedently terrible. The critics of terrible are really the problem. Or you are saying you don't care about terrible; you just wish we'd all talk about something else than a bad leader who uses his power to pardon his friends and fire whistelblowers and ignores medical advice during a pandemic. 

You've only started 2 threads in this forum. Why not "diversify" it if you think it too narrow. Don't whine "If I do you'll just divert it to Trump bashing." You had a non-Trump issue thread going on the SCOTUS but blew it up yourself by jumping all over one poster who mentioned Trump, rather than ignoring that and keeping the focus on legal technics.

No one so far has been able to get you to explain why it does not make sense to devote a lot of space to talk about the worst president ever on political message board, as we tote up the consequences of his bad leadership amidst a public health crisis.  By constantly criticizing his critics, while refusing to address the validity of their critique, you are implicitly saying he is not all that bad; the critics are the problem. So you don't want to refute bad or even admit bad, just shut up those who don't like bad and talk about it.
Reply/Quote

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
There is kind of a pardox here, which I don't recall ever seeing in national politics.

On the one hand, we need to see these Trump tweets so his own words demonstrate how unfit he is for office.

But on the other hand, we have many voters who don't see "unfit" in the constant stream of medical disinformation.

They will even take the president at his word, making the tweets a public health hazard.

It's like a contradiction between the option of an informed election and the option of a relatively safe one.
Reply/Quote
Gonna be hard for Trump to find a new "tone" when he remains the thin-skinned child he always was.

Reply/Quote
Not real sure when he gets his numbers.  Probably from the same place that says 96% approval from the Republican Party...that he never links the source of.

But what is important (to him) is the ratings...he thinks he's on a television show.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 09:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not real sure when he gets his numbers.  Probably from the same place that says 96% approval from the Republican Party...that he never links the source of.

But what is important (to him) is the ratings...he thinks he's on a television show.

Must eat him up to know that the DNC and Biden's speech drew higher ratings than he did, despite the fact that the DNC and Biden were sharing a time slot with the NBA playoffs and Trump wasn't. 

What a clown show this has all become.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 10:24 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Must eat him up to know that the DNC and Biden's speech drew higher ratings than he did, despite the fact that the DNC and Biden were sharing a time slot with the NBA playoffs and Trump wasn't. 

What a clown show this has all become.

Dude that helped Biden's ratings.

But Neilsen ratings aside; I read Trump got quite the bump from the convention. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 10:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dude that helped Biden's ratings.

How would having another draw on a different channel help? 

The mental gymnastics, I swear.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 11:25 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: How would having another draw on a different channel help? 

The mental gymnastics, I swear.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 10:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dude that helped Biden's ratings.

Not sure if cocaine joke. 
Reply/Quote
[Image: 118762441_10160290076198696_397418240023...e=5F74AFD8]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
It's nice the POTUS has time to worry about one suspect.

Edit to add I didn't realize he tweeted this within 15 minutes of the guy getting killed.

Reply/Quote
There is always a tweet.

Reply/Quote
Trump's new defense of his own damning words is the other guy didn't tell everyone about them sooner.

Reply/Quote
Did I mention there is always a tweet?

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 01:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: [Image: 118762441_10160290076198696_397418240023...e=5F74AFD8]

*facepalm*

Has Biden commercialized this yet?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 12:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: *facepalm*

Has Biden commercialized this yet?

Honestly, I don't see them using it. I'm really surprised the Lincoln project hasn't, though.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Could have seen this coming.

He's a joke.

Reply/Quote