Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump denies 3,000 Puerto Ricans died from hurricanes; Claims Dems made it up
(09-13-2018, 02:07 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm not a part of Trump's fanbase but I don't understand why we just don't make them the 51st state. Yeah, it'll mean our flags will need updating but still ...

Why? We didn't update the flag when we added Iraq and Afghanistan.

Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-14-2018, 11:19 AM)Benton Wrote: Why? We didn't update the flag when we added Iraq and Afghanistan.

Mellow

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-14-2018, 11:19 AM)Benton Wrote: Why? We didn't update the flag when we added Iraq and Afghanistan.

Mellow

[Image: EnD5OTj.jpg]

LOL ThumbsUp
(09-13-2018, 04:23 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Trump was right about two things concerning PR. One that hurricane was bigly and PR is surrounded by water.

I checked the map and Trump is right about that.  Same thing about Hurricane Florence being wet.

Why doesn't the liberal media report when he is right about stuff?! Rant
3000 being killed is bs.

First reported a half dozen or so, then 64 confirmed dead, then 1,427 confirmed dead by the Puerto Rican government....

now it's 3,000..."confirmed" dead, without evidence, using computer models, by some researchers at George Washington University of whom none had gone to Puerto Rico to take a body count. 

C'mon people.

They used a public health study that compared mortality in the six months following the storm with the number of deaths that would have been expected if the storm had not hit.
(09-14-2018, 12:04 PM)Dill Wrote: I checked the map and Trump is right about that. 

You did ? I wouldn't have needed a map.
(09-14-2018, 12:55 PM)Vlad Wrote: 3000 being killed is bs.

First reported a half dozen or so, then 64 confirmed dead, then 1,427 confirmed dead by the Puerto Rican government....

now it's 3,000..."confirmed" dead, without evidence, using computer models, by some researchers at George Washington University of whom none had gone to Puerto Rico to take a body count. 

C'mon people.

They used a public health study that compared mortality in the six months following the storm with the number of deaths that would have been expected if the storm had not hit.

You should maybe read things before posting bullshit.

(09-13-2018, 09:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/09/13/hurricane-maria-death-toll-study-george-washington-university-death-toll-donald-trump/1288908002/

Some background on how they got the number they got. Doesn't seem like the Democrats just made the number up to make the POTUS look bad. Mellow

From the article:
Quote:A team of researchers spent six months poring over death certificates, speaking to funeral home directors and interviewing doctors to arrive at a death toll of nearly 3,000 people as result of Hurricane Maria's devastation to Puerto Rico, according to the lead author of the study.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-14-2018, 01:09 PM)Vlad Wrote: You did ? I wouldn't have needed a map.

Ha ha. I know. If great leader Trump tells you PR is an island. Gud nuff.

Leave the fact checkin' to librals.
(09-14-2018, 12:55 PM)Vlad Wrote: 3000 being killed is bs.

C'mon people.

Wow, so the comparison showed this giant uptick of thousands in the death rate following the the hurricane and these so-called social scientists are implying some connection. 

That's pretty suspicious when only a half dozen dead were initially reported while communication was down and before public health officials could travel the island.  Probably these GW flakes are connecting some of these deaths to the collapse of medical infrastructure. I know some Puerto Ricans were whining that they could not get dialysis treatments because electricity was out for so long. But those would be deaths AFTER the hurricane. DUHHH!   If you hate Trump enough, you will find any excuse to make him look bad.

This is becoming like climate change. Why bother even looking at their science when you know it's liberals doing that?

Once again we have to go round the fake news to get the honest-to-god Trump truth.
https://youtu.be/jQ9_speMXu4
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.