Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump laughed at speaking at the UN
Trump was bragging about his achievements in office in front of the general assembly at the UN and everybody start laughing at him.
When the laughter stopped he said " I wasn't expecting that". He looked like an ass. Later on when asked about it, he lied again and said he meant it to be funny. Hilarious What a load.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2018/sep/25/world-leaders-laugh-at-donald-trump-as-he-brags-about-his-achievements-video
Same line has been bringing down the house at all his campaign speeches. He is so used to only speaking in front of people who agree with him that he does not know how to react to anything except wild applause.
Trump tweeted in 2014 'we need a president who isn't a laughing stock.' Four years later the UN laughed in his face

https://www.indy100.com/article/donald-trump-us-president-united-nations-general-assembly-laughing-stock-un-8554586

Hilarious
(09-25-2018, 05:58 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Trump was bragging about his achievements in office in front of the general assembly at the UN and everybody start laughing at him.
When the laughter stopped he said " I wasn't expecting that". He looked like an ass. Later on when asked about it, he lied again and said he meant it to be funny. Hilarious  What a load.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2018/sep/25/world-leaders-laugh-at-donald-trump-as-he-brags-about-his-achievements-video

Someone who did not realize he is a bubble; suddenly the bubble is popped.  By the world.

This is funny, but also worrisome. Will Trump compose himself, reflect on why so many laugh at his claims? Resolve finally to be a leader of something other than right wing campaign rallies?

Or will he seek to return the humiliation, hurt whom he can "out there" in that laughing world.  Show them? 
Get some film of who laughed and starting cutting aid?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-25-2018, 06:29 PM)Dill Wrote: Or will he seek to return the humiliation, hurt whom he can "out there" in that laughing world.  Show them? 
Get some film of who laughed and starting cutting aid?

Sure, why not?  Whatever
Of course they are gonna laugh. He wants to take away their bread and cut the fat.
However he also got applauses as well. But I guess being fair is not a part of your Agenda.
(09-25-2018, 06:44 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Of course they are gonna laugh. He wants to take away their bread and cut the fat.

Typical Trump defender.  Did not even bother to read the comment that drew the laughs.

Stop and think a moment instead of parroting the comments from the echo chamber.  Wouldn't these representatives be upset and mad about him "Taking away their bread and cutting the fat"?  Why would they laugh about something like that?
(09-25-2018, 06:39 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Sure, why not?  Whatever

As opposed to being a world leader?  And respected?
(09-25-2018, 08:03 PM)Dill Wrote: As opposed to being a world leader?  And respected?

Why do we care what the rest of the world thinks.  All we have to do is keep building our military and doing whatever we want.

The United States will never need the assistance of any other country for anything.

Ever.
(09-25-2018, 08:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why do we care what the rest of the world thinks.  All we have to do is keep building our military and doing whatever we want.

The United States will never need the assistance of any other country for anything.

Ever.

LOL and we subsidize them!    Time to show them who's boss!   Smack
a familiar face was there

[Image: tBGBIqc.jpg]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Make fun if you wish. But we all know what happened the last time he was laughed at. He ran for President. Ninja

OK?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-25-2018, 06:16 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Trump tweeted in 2014 'we need a president who isn't a laughing stock.' Four years later the UN laughed in his face

https://www.indy100.com/article/donald-trump-us-president-united-nations-general-assembly-laughing-stock-un-8554586

Hilarious

I'm not sure so please don't quote me but saying asinine statements like this must be why his good friend Kim Jon Un calls Trump a "dotard".
Anyone else notice how low energy Trump is when giving a "serious" speech?  

Even though it was mostly a stock rally speech he seems to think if he talks slowly and somberly he is being more "presidential"?

It just accents his speech impediments to me and he comes off as board...which I'm sure he is since they are not drooling on his every word and applauding so he can applaud himself. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I thought the reason we replaced that wuss Obamao with a real man like Trump was so those wimpy countries that aren't the USA would stop laughing at us. Now what do we do?
(09-26-2018, 11:48 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I thought the reason we replaced that wuss Obamao with a real man like Trump was so those wimpy countries that aren't the USA would stop laughing at us.  Now what do we do?

[Image: 4e96b12a03ff42d4ad32616b0bec2306]

Nuke the entire place from orbit ... it's the only way to be sure.
Americans are numb to Trumps insecurity and need for an ego boost. We've heard his lies about his "success" as POTUS 100 times now. It was their first time hearing his lie and they thought it was outrageous. Thought it was so outrageous it had to be a joke. That was their honest reaction. They have more pride in America's history and the office of the President then Trump supporters who believe and repeat those lame lies do. It's come to the point.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Let the spinning and ego-soothing begin!

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nikki-haley-donald-trump-united-nations_us_5bab7019e4b0f143d10ee8f4

Quote:Nikki Haley: United Nations Laughter Not A Diss But A Sign Of Respect For Trump’s ‘Honesty’
World leaders were “falling over themselves to get a picture with him,” the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations said.

U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley on Wednesday claimed President Donald Trump’s speech at the United Nations General Assembly a day earlier drew laughs because world leaders “loved his honesty” and “respect” him.

Trump’s boastful comment describing his administration as one of the most accomplished in U.S. history sparked laughter not because attendees of the annual summit found the remark ridiculous ― but because it was so “honest,” Haley said during an appearance on “Fox & Friends.”

“They loved how honest he is,” Haley said. “It’s not diplomatic and they find it funny. ... When he goes and he is very truthful, they kind of were taken back by it.”

She continued: “All day yesterday, they were falling over themselves to get a picture with him, to talk about how great his speech was. ... They love that he’s honest with them and they’ve never seen anything like it, so there’s respect there. I saw that the media was trying to make it something disrespectful. That’s not what it was ― they love to be with him.”
[/url]
[Image: DoBJ6asXUAAPQu8?format=jpg&name=small]

Quote:[Image: 4X8oCbge_normal.jpg]
Fox News

@FoxNews

.@NikkiHaley: "For the first time, Americans aren't suffering. It's fair for America.” @foxandfriends https://fxn.ws/2O4peyv 
7:47 AM - Sep 26, 2018

• [url=https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1044916401574735872]956 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Trump had appeared to be caught off guard on Tuesday when the United Nations General Assembly Hall erupted in laughter just a few minutes into his speech.

“In less than two years, my administration has accomplished more than almost any administration in the history of our country. ... So true,” the president said, eliciting several muffled laughs.

“Didn’t expect that reaction but that’s OK,” Trump responded with a chuckle, prompting even more laughter from the audience of world leaders, their aides and the media.

Trump later told reporters that his boastful comment was meant to draw laughter.

“Oh, it was great,” he said. “Well, that was meant to get some laughter, but it was great.”

Just to highlight the disconnect in Trump's mind:

Quote:“Didn’t expect that reaction but that’s OK,” Trump responded with a chuckle, prompting even more laughter from the audience of world leaders, their aides and the media.

Trump later told reporters that his boastful comment was meant to draw laughter.

“Oh, it was great,” he said. “Well, that was meant to get some laughter, but it was great.”

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-26-2018, 12:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: Let the spinning and ego-soothing begin!

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nikki-haley-donald-trump-united-nations_us_5bab7019e4b0f143d10ee8f4

Just to highlight the disconnect in Trump's mind:

Smirk

This has inspired me to convince myself that I was ridiculed in high school because I was the most popular person there.