Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trump on undocumented immigrants: 'These aren't people. These are animals.'
(06-20-2018, 03:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I found this to be a good read on the situation at the border.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/patrolling-border-immigrants-wait-caught-191333121.html

obviously the "treat them all like animals memo" hasn't reached them yet

give it time
People suck
[Image: 35923747_10216369555016602_4980968302969...e=5BE6CD62]

Some of these steps look very familiar.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(06-22-2018, 10:40 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: [Image: 35923747_10216369555016602_4980968302969...e=5BE6CD62]

Great. I do hope we totally eradicate MS13.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-22-2018, 01:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Great. I do hope we totally eradicate MS13.

I'm sure they are on the list somewhere after eliminating immigrant children.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(06-22-2018, 01:48 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I'm sure they are on the list somewhere after eliminating immigrant children.

Et tu, Brute?

(06-22-2018, 01:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Great. I do hope we totally eradicate MS13.

What about all the rest?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jul/06/donald-trump-mexican-immigrants-tremendous-infectious-disease

Donald Trump: Mexican migrants bring 'tremendous infectious disease' to US 

http://www.usillegalaliens.com/impacts_of_illegal_immigration_diseases.html

Impacts of Illegal Immigration: Diseases

Illegal aliens are not screened and many are carrying horrific third world diseases that do not belong in the USA. Many of these diseases are highly contagious and will infect citizens that come in contact with an infected illegal alien. This has already happened in restaurants, schools, and police forces. 

How many more citizens will come down with Hepatitis, Leprosy, E-coli, or Chagas Disease from contact with an infected illegal alien before something is done? How many school children must get TB before our government takes action to protect them?

Remember the movie Alien and how the creature popped out of infected bodies? The Guinea Worm is a mini-version. Maybe your kids can take advantage of the experience on show & tell day.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/06/deadly-diseases-crossing-border-with-illegals/

Deadly diseases crossing border with illegals

Carried by this tsunami of illegals are the invisible “travelers” our politicians don’t like to mention: diseases the U.S. had controlled or virtually eradicated: tuberculosis (TB), Chagas disease, dengue fever, hepatitis, malaria, measles, plus more. I have been working on medical projects in Central and South America since 2009, so I am aware of problems these countries face from such diseases.

A public health crisis, the likes of which I have not seen in my lifetime, is looming.
(06-22-2018, 04:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What about all the rest?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jul/06/donald-trump-mexican-immigrants-tremendous-infectious-disease

Donald Trump: Mexican migrants bring 'tremendous infectious disease' to US 

http://www.usillegalaliens.com/impacts_of_illegal_immigration_diseases.html

Impacts of Illegal Immigration: Diseases

Illegal aliens are not screened and many are carrying horrific third world diseases that do not belong in the USA. Many of these diseases are highly contagious and will infect citizens that come in contact with an infected illegal alien. This has already happened in restaurants, schools, and police forces. 

How many more citizens will come down with Hepatitis, Leprosy, E-coli, or Chagas Disease from contact with an infected illegal alien before something is done? How many school children must get TB before our government takes action to protect them?

Remember the movie Alien and how the creature popped out of infected bodies? The Guinea Worm is a mini-version. Maybe your kids can take advantage of the experience on show & tell day.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/06/deadly-diseases-crossing-border-with-illegals/

Deadly diseases crossing border with illegals

Carried by this tsunami of illegals are the invisible “travelers” our politicians don’t like to mention: diseases the U.S. had controlled or virtually eradicated: tuberculosis (TB), Chagas disease, dengue fever, hepatitis, malaria, measles, plus more. I have been working on medical projects in Central and South America since 2009, so I am aware of problems these countries face from such diseases.

A public health crisis, the likes of which I have not seen in my lifetime, is looming.

Nah, we're only talking about the Animals.

(06-22-2018, 04:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, we're only talking about the Animals.

But the list posted also includes "diseases" along with "animals".
(06-22-2018, 10:40 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: [Image: 35923747_10216369555016602_4980968302969...e=5BE6CD62]

I think some body maybe skipped ahead a stage. We are certainly at 7 as far as Trump and his minions are concerned, but 6 is far from secure. The populace seems to be turning against the government. 

Polarization for sure though, as Trump defenders double down on "the law."  So bad for the country (not to mention target population). Nervous
(06-22-2018, 04:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Illegal aliens are not screened and many are carrying horrific third world diseases that do not belong in the USA. Many of these diseases are highly contagious and will infect citizens that come in contact with an infected illegal alien. This has already happened in restaurants, schools, and police forces.

I am guessing that Mexican rapists pass these diseases on to their victims as well.
(06-20-2018, 07:35 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think the last point, about them being understaffed (and I would include lacking resources) is key. It's why I talk about appropriating more resources down there. I will say that much like any group of people, there are good people and bad people doing the job. I've read ethnographic research on border crossers and the type of thing they encounter, not just on our side of the border but on the Mexican side as well.

There is so much going on in the border area that we don't know about or don't understand. I wish we could do more to tell more of the story, from multiple points of view, so people could be more cognizant of the impact of these policies.

The very stable genius has a better idea, of course.

Maybe someone here can find the cost of the current system to handle immigrants when they reach the border versus the proposed wall?

I'd be interested how much we will save!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Here's an interesting article about MS-13 I happened upon. Thought it was good reading: https://www.propublica.org/article/ms-13-immigration-facts-what-trump-administration-gets-wrong
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-25-2018, 10:42 AM)GMDino Wrote: The very stable genius has a better idea, of course.

Maybe someone here can find the cost of the current system to handle immigrants when they reach the border versus the proposed wall?

I'd be interested how much we will save!

How is a wall going to stop people from seeking asylum?

Our president does not even understand the basic issues in this debate.
I'm honestly a little surprised Trump isn't still telling people that Mexico is going to pay for the wall. Who's going to actually call him out on it, anyways?
(06-25-2018, 11:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm honestly a little surprised Trump isn't still telling people that Mexico is going to pay for the wall.  Who's going to actually call him out on it, anyways?

No one.

We can't criticize the things he "says"...just the things he "does".  (Lying does not count as things he does.)

Also we cannot say "he doesn't know what he is doing" as long as he is doing it.

And we cannot say anything about the people who still believe him or we are being "intolerant".

So there is nothing to call out and no way to do it.  

It is just reality until it isn't. Just like the separation policy wasn't his, didn't exist, nothing he could do...until it was, it did and he could. Mellow
(06-25-2018, 11:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: How is a wall going to stop people from seeking asylum?

Our president does not even understand the basic issues in this debate.

Does he have to?

It seems as long as he stays on message it doesn't matter to his supporters.

Almost as if they are willing to accept anything he says until he says something else.

The only truth is what he says.
(06-25-2018, 11:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm honestly a little surprised Trump isn't still telling people that Mexico is going to pay for the wall.  Who's going to actually call him out on it, anyways?

(06-25-2018, 11:51 AM)GMDino Wrote: No one.

We can't criticize the things he "says"...just the things he "does".  (Lying does not count as things he does.)

Also we cannot say "he doesn't know what he is doing" as long as he is doing it.

And we cannot say anything about the people who still believe him or we are being "intolerant".

So there is nothing to call out and no way to do it.  

It is just reality until it isn't. Just like the separation policy wasn't his, didn't exist, nothing he could do...until it was, it did and he could. Mellow

Right because absolutely NO ONE is critical of Trump or calls out the dumb things he says/does or the lies he's spoken.  Certainly not the media which is effusive in its praise of Trump and certainly not the Democrats who kowtow to Trump. Rolleyes
(06-25-2018, 03:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Right because absolutely NO ONE is critical of Trump or calls out the dumb things he says/does or the lies he's spoken.  Certainly not the media which is effusive in its praise of Trump and certainly not the Democrats who kowtow to Trump. Rolleyes

Exactly.  Anyone who calls him out will be labeled as the usual fake media and/or a bunch of crybaby Hillary-lovers who hate Trump because he's awesome.  People call out Trump all time time, but we've decided that they are driven by their unreasonable hatred for him, and not actual facts.  The man has built and incredible amount of brand loyalty within his target audience.  What's one more lie when they eat those lies like apple pie, to paraphrase Boz Scaggs?

On a more mundane side of things, currently my gf's 20 year old nephew is in way too deep with a crazy chick who has managed to convince him that his friends and family members can't be trusted and only she knows what is best for him.
(06-25-2018, 03:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Right because absolutely NO ONE is critical of Trump or calls out the dumb things he says/does or the lies he's spoken.  Certainly not the media which is effusive in its praise of Trump and certainly not the Democrats who kowtow to Trump. Rolleyes

Oh, it happens.

With the results I mentioned.

"fake news"
(06-25-2018, 03:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Exactly.  Anyone who calls him out will be labeled as the usual fake media and/or a bunch of crybaby Hillary-lovers who hate Trump because he's awesome.  People call out Trump all time time, but we've decided that they are driven by their unreasonable hatred for him, and not actual facts.  The man has built and incredible amount of brand loyalty within his target audience.  What's one more lie when they eat those lies like apple pie, to paraphrase Boz Scaggs?

Well, by all means, don't criticize the president if you can't handle him defending himself even if he resorts to lying and misdirection to do so. Whatever