Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trump on undocumented immigrants: 'These aren't people. These are animals.'
(10-18-2018, 03:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: All three tweets:

Purely about immigration.

Sure looks like it.  ThumbsUp

(10-18-2018, 03:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Seems pretty clear he thinks the leaders of other countries can "control" their population to keep them from leaving.

To be fair, there are many in America that think the leader(s) of OUR country can "control" other populations from entering.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-18-2018, 03:35 PM)PhilHos Wrote: To be fair, there are many in America that think the leader(s) of OUR country can "control" other populations from entering.

Which makes me wonder if Trump is one of them, or if he is just playing on the ignorance of others to rile his base.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-18-2018, 03:44 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Which makes me wonder if Trump is one of them, or if he is just playing on the ignorance of others to rile his base.

I thought the ignorant WAS his base.  Ninja
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
To comment on that herd trying to get into Mexico from wherever it was then make there way here.

Not a fan of Trump running with a story that it was infiltrated by ISIS members to get into our country. Just saw this on CNN site as a headline. But senior officials have said there is no evidence of that.

Odd thing he doesn't even need to say that. I think the sane ones on the left, most moderates, and pretty much everyone to the right wants them people to turn around and go home, instead of just crossing over illegally. Or get in line like everyone else has to.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-22-2018, 08:25 PM)Millhouse Wrote: To comment on that herd trying to get into Mexico from wherever it was then make there way here.

Not a fan of Trump running with a story that it was infiltrated by ISIS members to get into our country. Just saw this on CNN site as a headline. But senior officials have said there is no evidence of that.

Odd thing he doesn't even need to say that. I think the sane ones on the left, most moderates, and pretty much everyone to the right wants them people to turn around and go home, instead of just crossing over illegally. Or get in line like everyone else has to.

From the pictures I've seen, some of "that herd" don't seem the wait-in-line type.

How can we stop them before they get here?

[Image: michael-jackson-zombies.jpg?w=600&h=0&zc...0&a=t&q=89]
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wife-of-supreme-court-justice-spreads-fake-news-about-the-migrant-caravan-2018-10-24?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo&ref=yfp

Quote:Wife of Supreme Court justice spreads fake news about the migrant caravan

[/url] 
News travels fast, but fake news travels even faster, especially when there’s a political agenda attached to it.

One glaring example took place over the weekend, when someone on Twitter[url=https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/twtr?mod=MW_story_quote]TWTR, +1.76%
  posted a photograph of an injured police officer, with a caption that he’d been “brutalized” by the migrant caravan on its way to the United States.

Soon, it would spread across the internet, as these things do. Same picture. Mostly the same caption. But, as you can see by these examples, different accounts.

[Image: MW-GS340_downlo_20181024111302_NS.png?uu...162d7bc1f7]

The problem, according to a deep dive from Snopes: It’s not true. The main image, which was taken during a clash in Mexico City in 2012, is just another attempt to demonize the refugees and spread fears over immigration.

You can see the image used in this 2012 story.

“These pictures do not capture police officers who were brutalized by members of the immigrant caravan making its way toward the U.S. in October 2018,” Snopes explained. “They’re all several years old and depict the aftermath of altercations between police officers and protesters in Mexico.”

Snopes wasn’t the only one to point this out, of course:

Nevertheless, plenty believed it. That long list apparently includes Ginni Thomas, wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, who posted it on her page:
[Image: MW-GS359_ginni_20181024142319_ZH.jpg?uui...162d7bc1f7]Facebook

To be fair, it’s not that hard to get duped on the internet. But before the post was pulled from Thomas’s page on Wednesday, she left it up for days, even as several commenters, including Mike Burkons, pointed out the clear falsehood.

“Ginni, do you even care that the pic you posted isn’t from the caravan and is from 2012?” he wrote. “I hope your husband actually thinks facts are important before he decides a case unlike his wife.”

Facebook FB, -3.70%  , according to a statement published by the Washington Post, ultimately responded and took action.

“While it’s something we should have caught sooner, we were able to identify and address duplicate versions of this photo that were being shared elsewhere on Facebook,” the company said. “Thanks to a ‘false’ rating from one of our third-party fact-checkers on this photo, we’ve been able to demote these duplicate posts in News Feed.”

Meanwhile, the president continues to use the caravan to motivate voters on the issue of immigration as the midterms draw closer. Earlier this week, he said the U.S. will do what it takes to keep them out and “will now begin cutting off, or substantially reducing” foreign aid to the countries involved.
So the 7000 or so immigrants are at least two weeks away from the border...and Trump sends 5000 (more) troops to stop them from entering "illegally".

Does this seem like overkill/theatrics to anyone else?
(10-30-2018, 09:20 AM)GMDino Wrote: So the 7000 or so immigrants are at least two weeks away from the border...and Trump sends 5000 (more) troops to stop them from entering "illegally".

Does this seem like overkill/theatrics to anyone else?

Give it up, Dino. Some of us can see right through you.
It's not just about Soros and ISIS anymore. Time for Americans to ask, "What diseases are these people bringing."

[Image: image.jpg]
If your president is scared by this caravan of toddlers and moms imagine how panicked he was to go to VietNam. Thank God for these bone spurs.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(11-02-2018, 06:43 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: If your president is scared by this caravan of toddlers and moms imagine how panicked he was to go to VietNam. Thank God for these bone spurs.

Hilarious

Also....

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trump-crowd-size-bragging-caravan?fbclid=IwAR12SBrNbSAUDptrcEp_fvClhO6z78geVwDmViwZZd2c5V7u2yQjxCRCd5w

I'm only posting the headline...

Quote:Trump Brags He’s ‘Good At Estimating Crowd Size’ When Talking Size Of Caravan
Smirk
Rather start a new thread...

https://www.weeklystandard.com/stephen-f-hayes/a-note-on-steve-king?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR21NyAMvP6cUVHY7gm_CRe1sCpqegz_XkXsZksuGVQ44Qtd0hvdMLxM1Ko

Quote:The congressman disputed a story we reported. We stand by it.

Last week, Adam Rubenstein visited Iowa to report on Steve King’s re-election effort. He filed severalpieces from there, including one that reported on comments King made before a small meeting with voters in Webster City. The headline of that article was: “ Did Steve King Just Refer to Immigrants as ‘Dirt?’” In the story, Adam reported on a jocular exchange King had with a supporter, in which King says that if he wants to grow spicy jalapenos, he’ll have to import dirt from Mexico. When King laughs at his comment, an attendee interjects, saying the dirt from Mexico is already “on the way.” King agrees, saying, “there’s plenty of dirt" coming from Mexico, the West Coast and other places, too. “This is the most dirt we’ve ever seen.” Adam transcribed and printed the entire exchange as part of his article.

King wasn’t happy. His son, Jeff, who also serves as his campaign manager, called and insisted that his father had been misquoted, and accused Adam of fabrication. I told him that his father was quoted accurately and explained that while we would not be emailing him the recording, we reserved the right to post the audio.

On Friday and Saturday, Congressman King sent several tweets criticizing THE WEEKLY STANDARD, claiming we knowingly posted false information and suggesting we weren’t releasing the audio because it doesn’t exist. “You heard it directly from Jeff King and chose to defend your junk yard dog. You refused to release the tape,” he wrote. He later added: “Just release the full tape. Leftists lies exist without original sources because they are false and manufactured accusations. Weekly Standard is transitioning into ‘Antifa News.’”

King's claims are false.

Here is the audio. The exchange, as transcribed, starts at about the 20-second mark. King is quoted accurately throughout. 

So, King claimed our reporter lied. He didn’t. He claimed we didn’t have a recording. We do. He insisted we refused to release the audio. Untrue. It’s worth remembering these things as you evaluate the credibility of the claim from King—a man with a history of bigoted comments and a recent obsession with the “caravan” of immigrants traveling through Mexico to the United States—that he wasn’t talking about immigrants when he joked about “dirt” on its way to the U.S. from Mexico.

One final note. I spoke with Adam immediately after the meeting adjourned—before he wrote his story. In our conversation, Adam told me that when King realized a journalist might have heard the “dirt” exchange he became nervous and abruptly changed the subject. I left to Adam the decision whether to include that detail in his original report. He decided to leave it out and wrote a largely straightforward account. We’ve included that audio here, above. Immediately after King comments that “this is the most dirt that we’ve ever seen,” he says: “This is actually not supposed to start for another six minutes, is it? But, so we’re just kind of chatting here informally here until things get rolling.”

We stand by the story.
You got some problems if you are conservative and the Weekly Standard is coming after you.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-13-2018, 05:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tucker Carlson called illegal immigrants "litter".

This is fake news. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-13-2018, 08:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is fake news. 

This is a crazy story, but you might be correct.

I have seen a clip where Carlson is talking about litter and out of the blue he says "I hate litter.  That is one of the reasons I am against immigration."  Seemed like a narky comment by him at the time.  However I just saw a clip from many years ago where Carlson says the same thing except this time he adds "Illegal immigration creates a lot of litter".

So I will concede that Carlson did not call immigrants "litter", but it seems crazy for litter to be the main reason he hates immigration.  Especially since Carlson is one of those who is also against legal immigration not because of economics but because of the threat to our culture from Mexicans and Muslims.
(11-13-2018, 08:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a crazy story, but you might be correct.

I have seen a clip where Carlson is talking about litter and out of the blue he says "I hate litter.  That is one of the reasons I am against immigration."  Seemed like a narky comment by him at the time.  However I just saw a clip from many years ago where Carlson says the same thing except this time he adds "Illegal immigration creates a lot of litter".

So I will concede that Carlson did not call immigrants "litter", but it seems crazy for litter to be the main reason he hates immigration.  Especially since Carlson is one of those who is also against legal immigration not because of economics but because of the threat to our culture from Mexicans and Muslims.

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-13-2018, 02:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: Rather start a new thread...

https://www.weeklystandard.com/stephen-f-hayes/a-note-on-steve-king?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR21NyAMvP6cUVHY7gm_CRe1sCpqegz_XkXsZksuGVQ44Qtd0hvdMLxM1Ko

King's claims are false.

Here is the audio. The exchange, as transcribed, starts at about the 20-second mark. King is quoted accurately throughout. 

So, King claimed our reporter lied. He didn’t. He claimed we didn’t have a recording. We do. He insisted we refused to release the audio. Untrue. It’s worth remembering these things as you evaluate the credibility of the claim from King—a man with a history of bigoted comments and a recent obsession with the “caravan” of immigrants traveling through Mexico to the United States—that he wasn’t talking about immigrants when he joked about “dirt” on its way to the U.S. from Mexico.

Now even conservative publications are attacking right wing Trump supporters by reporting what they actually say.

This is "the left's" agenda.