Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump the GOP's man
(05-04-2016, 07:18 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Probably less than the % of Democrats that will vote for a 3rd Party or Trump :)

This.  Many traditionally Democrat voters have latched onto Trump.  The thing is, many who actually support Trump don't even want to say so, for fear of being criticized by friends, family, and media.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-04-2016, 08:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This.  Many traditionally Democrat voters have latched onto Trump.  The thing is, many who actually support Trump don't even want to say so, for fear of being criticized by friends, family, and media.

Not my friends.

They are proud to support him.  And they are the most sensitive about any criticism about him.  It is really weird.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-04-2016, 07:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I'm sure when it matters the most, the Republican's will fall in line. Just cause he's unfavorable, doesn't mean that they won't vote for him if he's their only option.

I'm sure most will, that's why I asked what percent won't. Given those numbers, I don't think the answer "less than the number of Dems who won't vote for Hillary" is accurate
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-04-2016, 08:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This.  Many traditionally Democrat voters have latched onto Trump.  The thing is, many who actually support Trump don't even want to say so, for fear of being criticized by friends, family, and media.

I know Trump says this, but is there any truth to this? The man also says he beats Hillary in most h2h polls but he doesn't

(05-04-2016, 07:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have heard from GOP establishment types for months that they would vote Hillary over Trump. We will see when the actual vote comes, though.

Perhaps. Because GOP voters most likely care about what will make the country better than simply voting along party lines.

I have been told Dems will not do this. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-04-2016, 09:16 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm sure most will, that's why I asked what percent won't. Given those numbers, I don't think the answer "less than the number of Dems who won't vote for Hillary" is accurate

I certainly think so. On some important issues, he's more left than Hillary.

(05-04-2016, 09:18 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I know Trump says this, but is there any truth to this? The man also says he beats Hillary in most h2h polls but he doesn't

You'll have to ask Trump for the data, all i can tell you is that world leaders are very worried about how to deal with Trump when he is President.
(05-04-2016, 11:14 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I certainly think so. On some important issues, he's more left than Hillary.

You'll have to ask Trump for the data, all i can tell you is that world leaders are very worried about how to deal with Trump when he is President.

I still don't understand how Hillary being more popular with Democrats than Trump is with Republicans equates to more Democrats are more likely to not vote Hillary than Republicans are likely to not vote Trump, but clearly there's no logic behind this statement so I'm not going to press you any further.

Is the fact that world leaders are "very worried about how to deal with Trump when he is President" a good or bad thing?

(05-04-2016, 11:14 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I certainly think so. On some important issues, he's more left than Hillary.

Well, 30 years ago Hillary would've been a Republican with her policies. 10 years ago, Trump was a Democrat.

Pretty ridiculous really.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-04-2016, 07:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: I could see them voting for Bill.  He was smart enough to go with the flow when they controlled congress.  But they have it in for Hillary bad.

She's a miserable human being. I went to school with a secret service agent. He loved Bill, but said she is maybe the worst person he has ever met. Anecdotal, but believable.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-03-2016, 10:13 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I called this months ago.  I'll restate my other point that Trump would beat Sanders and could absolutely beat Clinton.  Should continue to be an interesting election year.

You called Jeb Bush vs Hillary Clinton as the two nominees.
(05-04-2016, 11:41 PM)Beaker Wrote: You called Jeb Bush vs Hillary Clinton as the two nominees.

Wasn't that DA ?
(05-04-2016, 11:39 PM)michaelsean Wrote: She's a miserable human being.  I went to school with a secret service agent.  He loved Bill, but said she is maybe the worst person he has ever met.  Anecdotal, but believable.

I read a similar thing. 

Maybe now Ted Cruz can go back to his role of "Q" on Star Trek:

[Image: 160114220123-gop-debate-cruz-defends-mil...ge-169.jpg]

[Image: star_trek_Q.jpg]
(05-04-2016, 11:41 PM)Beaker Wrote: You called Jeb Bush vs Hillary Clinton as the two nominees.

Initially, yes. This does not render my statement incorrect, I've been saying Trump would be the nominee for several months.
(05-03-2016, 10:13 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I called this months ago.  I'll restate my other point that Trump would beat Sanders and could absolutely beat Clinton.  Should continue to be an interesting election year.

Hillary will do a lot to defeat herself.  She lashes out at the drop of a hat.  I believe she will alienate people on a huge scale when she cranks up the mud slinging.  She is even less likeable than Donald Trump, and that is no easy feat.

If Trump tones down the crazy and just plays it cool, Hillary will defeat herself.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

If everyone stopped being a bunch of idiots who voted for their party "just because they're not the other guy" a 3rd party candidate would get well over 30% of the popular vote between Trump and Hilldog. That said I'm betting we see a big spike in 3rd party votes this election. Definitely double digits.

Side note: the south park episode about the Turd Sandwich vs Giant Douche election perfectly sums up this years election cycle.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(05-05-2016, 12:40 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: If everyone stopped being a bunch of idiots who voted for their party "just because they're not the other guy" a 3rd party candidate would get well over 30% of the popular vote between Trump and Hilldog. That said I'm betting we see a big spike in 3rd party votes this election. Definitely double digits.

A bunch of different "third paries" might get a chunk of tyhe vote, but no way any one candidate gets that much.

And many people who would like to vote third partyb are just afraid that all they will do is help the wrong person win.  With only 2 candidates having a chance to win a third party vote is just taking a vote away from "the lesser of two evils".
(05-05-2016, 12:05 AM)McC Wrote: Hillary will do a lot to defeat herself.  She lashes out at the drop of a hat.  I believe she will alienate people on a huge scale when she cranks up the mud slinging.  She is even less likeable than Donald Trump, and that is no easy feat.

If Trump tones down the crazy and just plays it cool, Hillary will defeat herself.

I don't think he can tone it down for any extended period.  Especially when a real politician starts going after him.  And a female one at that.

Trump's ego is his biggest assets/hindrance.

Have to see how his handlers can control him and his message.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-04-2016, 11:39 PM)michaelsean Wrote: She's a miserable human being. I went to school with a secret service agent. He loved Bill, but said she is maybe the worst person he has ever met. Anecdotal, but believable.

(05-04-2016, 11:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I read a similar thing. 

I heard the same from a member of the Marine 1 flight crew during those years. Apparently the nickname for her amongst the Marines and some of the Secret Service was "First *****."
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-04-2016, 11:22 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I still don't understand how Hillary being more popular with Democrats than Trump is with Republicans equates to more Democrats are more likely to not vote Hillary than Republicans are likely to not vote Trump, but clearly there's no logic behind this statement so I'm not going to press you any further.

Is the fact that world leaders are "very worried about how to deal with Trump when he is President" a good or bad thing?

One thing you keep forgetting about Republicans is that they absolutely hate Hillary. So yes, I believe that eventually the Republicans will come around vote for Trump in the General Election.

Good and bad is correct. Not sure how it's going to play out yet, but it's better than the same ol' of taking our money and misusing it.

https://morningconsult.com/2016/05/cruz-backers/