Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Trump tweets thread
-- "Never fired Comey because of Russia".

Is it just me, or do Trump's lies get more and more crude these days? He slams the mainstream media for repeating what he literally said himself to that Lester Holt.

Minutes earlier he mentioned Brian Ross and that there was no apology, even though that guy got suspended. "We deeply regret and apologize for the serious error we made yesterday. The reporting conveyed by Brian Ross during the special report had not been fully vetted through our editorial standards process," ABC said in a statement.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Wow, I finally managed to create a thread with zero responses... guess I can put that one off my bucket list. Yey! :andy:

Since no one cares about this thread, I rant about the new tariffs here. Screw those tariffs. US trade deficit isn't that high because we all take advantage of America, it's because Americans need to consume way more than any other folk, you need the stuff and lots of it, don't blame Europe for that, damnit. Also, on behalf of all Europe I am most certainly entitled to speak for, screw Trump and Trumpism. These tariffs make me angry. As does that weird gnome Wilbur Ross, where you find those guys?

Yeah, I hereby offended Wilbur Ross on grounds of his height. I'm guilty of heightism.
It can be embarrassing so let me help by posing a question.

Do you possess all the social graces and dance skills needed to function in 18th century Vienna?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-31-2018, 09:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It can be embarrassing so let me help by posing a question.

Do you possess all the social graces and dance skills needed to function in 18th century Vienna?

Yes about the social graces, a hard no on the dancing skills. About today's Vienna, I have to say neither. Although, actually I'm functioning here.

- I have a strong feeling there's some clue hidden in your question, yet I'm too intoxicated to figure it out right now.

Oh quick edit, wasn't that on the Big Bang Theory? There's something dark creeping out from the depths of my memory... but still, help me out here.
(05-31-2018, 10:01 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yes about the social graces, a hard no on the dancing skills. About today's Vienna, I have to say neither. Although, actually I'm functioning here.

- I have a strong feeling there's some clue hidden in your question, yet I'm too intoxicated to figure it out right now.

Oh quick edit, wasn't that on the Big Bang Theory? There's something dark creeping out from the depths of my memory... but still, help me out here.

Yes Sheldon was giving his opinion of cotillion.

Isn’t it like 2:00 am there?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Never heard of the word coitus until that show. Never had it explained until Trump was elected. LOL

(05-31-2018, 10:08 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yes Sheldon was giving his opinion of cotillion.

Isn’t it like 2:00 am there?

3 am. But it's a holiday today and so a work-free weekend for most folks here, which made us all drink in joy. Look, I possess the social graces to have friends who tolerate my presence while drinking! 
Are you comparing me to Sheldon Cooper?
(05-31-2018, 10:24 PM)hollodero Wrote: 3 am. But it's a holiday today and so a work-free weekend for most folks here, which made us all drink in joy. Look, I possess the social graces to have friends who tolerate my presence while drinking! 
Are you comparing me to Sheldon Cooper?

Google was no help. Which holiday?

Not comparing you to Sheldon. Saw that one the other day.

(05-31-2018, 10:30 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Google was no help. Which holiday?

Fronleichnam. Sollemnitas Sanctissimi Corporis et Sanguinis Christi. We celebrate Jesus' continued presence in the form of wine and bread, or something like that. Don't you celebrate that, you heathens?

(05-31-2018, 10:30 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Not comparing you to Sheldon.

A shame. I had thought out quite funny people to compare to you in case you had. Ah well, comedy gold lost forever.
(05-31-2018, 10:36 PM)hollodero Wrote: Fronleichnam. Sollemnitas Sanctissimi Corporis et Sanguinis Christi. We celebrate Jesus' continued presence in the form of wine and bread, or something like that. Don't you celebrate that, you heathens?

A shame. I had quite funny people aligned to compare to you in case you had. Ah well, comedy gold lost forever.

Corpus Christi was the closest but it looked like that was last week. Catholics celebrate Pentecost but not a national holiday.

Have your friends do it anyway. Don’t let me ruin potential gold

(05-31-2018, 10:36 PM)hollodero Wrote: Fronleichnam. Sollemnitas Sanctissimi Corporis et Sanguinis Christi. We celebrate Jesus' continued presence in the form of wine and bread, or something like that. Don't you celebrate that, you heathens?

A shame. I had thought out quite funny people to compare to you in case you had. Ah well, comedy gold lost forever.

Some of us do that.  We call it "everyday".   LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-31-2018, 10:39 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Corpus Christi was the closest but it looked like that was last week. Catholics celebrate Pentecost but not a national holiday.

Have your friends do it anyway. Don’t let me ruin potential gold

Nah, I have gold to offer every other second, I don't need to desperately hang on to past opportunities. Also, my thought on that one completely got lost in translation.

Guess we're not here to talk Trump tweets, right. Which is ok. Anything else you want to know?

(05-31-2018, 10:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Some of us do that.  We call it "everyday".   LOL

Oh ok. Well we do it once a year and it still feels weird. 
But also a fine opportunity to celebrate with bread and wine, especially when replacing the bread with even more wine.
(05-31-2018, 10:55 PM)hollodero Wrote: Nah, I have gold to offer every other second, I don't need to desperately hang on to past opportunities. Also, my thought on that one completely got lost in translation.

Guess we're not here to talk Trump tweets, right. Which is ok. Anything else you want to know?

Well how about the large number of Catholic national holidays from a European nation? I always hear that you guys are very secular.

Also why do you pretend to have all these friends when it’s obvious you are sitting alone in the dark getting drunk?LOL

(05-31-2018, 11:08 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well how about the large number of Catholic national holidays from a European nation?  I always hear that you guys are very secular.

We are secular, if secular really means indifferent. And lazy. Which answers your question, I guess we just like the work-free days and hence there's great pressure to respect the few Catholic's rights to do whatever they do on these days.

(05-31-2018, 11:08 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Also why do you pretend to have all these friends when it’s obvious you are sitting alone in the dark getting drunk?LOL

Hey, that's not true! I have a night lamp on. As for the friends, isn't the motto make them or fake them... also I thought we all were friends on these boards.

Real reason, so no one can call me a liar, I am surfing around here now because in the late hours our hosts obviously wanted to (a word with stars) and for some reason they don't tolerate my presence there. I'm still figuring out why.
I still use this thread for my topics. Complaints are to be sent to our foreign ministry, Minoritenplatz 8, Vienna. Write "not urgent!!"in big letters on the envelope.

- Trump said he was never informed about possible Russian influence in his campaign. That's seemingly yet another big fat lie.
(05-31-2018, 11:21 PM)hollodero Wrote: We are secular, if secular really means indifferent. And lazy. Which answers your question, I guess we just like the work-free days and hence there's great pressure to respect the few Catholic's rights to do whatever they do on these days.

Bet you have religious instruction in your "secular" public schools.
(06-01-2018, 10:51 AM)Dill Wrote: Bet you have religious instruction in your "secular" public schools.

Oh yes, sure. We are still very conservative, as in conservative without any widespread belief, but with all the tools. Preserving Christianity with emty vessels of all sorts is our thing. Religion classes have an important function for the pupils' community though, as in it's the best opportunity to copy homework.

I myself actually learned about creationism in school and that evolution is utter nonsense. But that wasn't in religion, it was in biology.

-- Since that thread has gotten completely pointless, I want to ask a pointless question. What does "he's drinking the Kool-Aid" mean?
(06-01-2018, 12:04 PM)hollodero Wrote: Oh yes, sure. We are still very conservative, as in conservative without any widespread belief, but with all the tools. Preserving Christianity with emty vessels of all sorts is our thing. Religion classes have an important function for the pupils' community though, as in it's the best opportunity to copy homework.

I myself actually learned about creationism in school and that evolution is utter nonsense. But that wasn't in religion, it was in biology.

-- Since that thread has gotten completely pointless, I want to ask a pointless question. What does "he's drinking the Kool-Aid" mean?

It means following a person no matter what.  It's from when Jim Jones was in Guyana and made all of his cult followers commit suicide by drinking poisoned Kool-Aid.  If you didn't drink it I believe they shot you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones

(06-01-2018, 12:04 PM)hollodero Wrote: Oh yes, sure. We are still very conservative, as in conservative without any widespread belief, but with all the tools. Preserving Christianity with emty vessels of all sorts is our thing. Religion classes have an important function for the pupils' community though, as in it's the best opportunity to copy homework.

Mike is right. Jim Jones. 408 dead.
Koolaid was in the cups, dipped from the plastic garbage can.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPSQ9uZlWf3poCePlIsl8...3_N1ffY5zU]

[Image: Jonestown-massacre.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.