Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump wants a military parade
How do we all feel about it?

I'm not sure if this is just Trump wanting to show France his is bigger (ala his button for North Korea) of it's just him thinking he's a kid who can stomp his feet until he gets what he wants.

Either way I'm not a fan of the idea mainly because it's just not something we normally do in America.

Anyone else?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
At this point you’ve got to think he’s reading from “facism for dummies.”

We’re going broke? Break out my tassels!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I, personally, am not a fan of them. Just not my thing. We certainly aren't as frequent with it as some other nations, but they aren't unheard of here.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-07-2018, 11:33 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I, personally, am not a fan of them. Just not my thing. We certainly aren't as frequent with it as some other nations, but they aren't unheard of here.

Correct.  It has happened.  But should it?  I'm with you.  Not a fan.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-07-2018, 11:31 AM)Benton Wrote: At this point you’ve got to think he’s reading from “facism for dummies.”

We’re going broke? Break out my tassels!

If he read a book, I'm guessing he read a book about how to fight against fascism and just took the wrong side because he thought that was the right side to take.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-07-2018, 11:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: Correct.  It has happened.  But should it?  I'm with you.  Not a fan.

I always feel like military parades are more of a thing for those nations whose military might is a bit overstated. They put on a show to make it seem like they are a great power not to be messed with. When you are the greatest military power in the world it doesn't need to be done. The whole world knows the capabilities of our military. Putting on a show like a big military parade is just, gauche.

seems like the kind of fiscally responsible big government self aggrandizing the whole pube party can get behind
No. I don't want to look like Nazi Germany, the USSR, or N Korea.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I feel like most people will agree this is a bad idea, if for no other reason than "why even waste money on it".
Only time there should be a military parade is after a war is won, and a justified war at that.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(02-07-2018, 11:23 AM)GMDino Wrote: How do we all feel about it?

Do it. We all are very uncertain whether the US military is strong or not. We'd be relieved if we could see for ourselves. Show us your thingy. Bring your rockets, carriers and nukes too.
(02-07-2018, 01:59 PM)hollodero Wrote: Do it. We all are very uncertain whether the US military is strong or not. We'd be relieved if we could see for ourselves. Show us your thingy. Bring your rockets, carriers and nukes too.

Take a picture where the perspective is such that the rocket is your pee pee.

Take that Hilary!
Let me start by saying I do not want one of these, but I have attended a victory day parade in Belarus before and it’s pretty cool.

A parade might actually help soldiers and vets get some much needed respect as well. We still haven’t recovered from the hippies and media killing the military.
A meme that just popped up on my Facebook feed.......

'A five time draft dodging president wanting a huge military parade is the most Republican thing ever.'

Senator Brian Schatz also puts it this way......
'A military parade costs millions. Let's fix military housing, hire more VA doctors, fund telehealth, DOD schools, support the commissaries, daycare for the families, or give more flight training time. Our highest defense priority must be the service members, not the politicians.'
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(02-07-2018, 03:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: A parade might actually help soldiers and vets get some much needed respect as well.   We still haven’t recovered from the hippies and media killing the military.

This is just patently false. American Sniper was the top grossing movie of 2014, and that was about a super conservative veteran. Veterans are incredibly respected in this nation. People love stories about veterans and helping them.

How about we just spend that money on job/education/housing programs and health care for vets?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-07-2018, 04:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This is just patently false. American Sniper was the top grossing movie of 2014, and that was about a super conservative veteran. Veterans are incredibly respected in this nation. People love stories about veterans and helping them.

How about we just spend that money on job/education/housing programs and health care for vets?

It's actually something that people in other western nations make fun of us for.

(02-07-2018, 04:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This is just patently false. American Sniper was the top grossing movie of 2014, and that was about a super conservative veteran. Veterans are incredibly respected in this nation. People love stories about veterans and helping them.

And the leftists attacked that movie as being racist.
(02-07-2018, 04:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And the leftists attacked that movie as being racist.

what does that have to do with the point Pat made?
(02-07-2018, 04:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It's actually something that people in other western nations make fun of us for.

Make fun of what?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-07-2018, 04:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And the leftists attacked that movie as being racist.

So some people but not the majority? Great rebuttal. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]