Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trumps mocks McCain for being a POW
(07-21-2015, 10:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: BTW it seems to me that I heard a lot of "rural people" claiming  that Obama should not be allowed to run for President also.

I live in a mostly rural Ohio county where a Democrat cannot get elected to anything.  I haven't heard anyone saying that.  Even if Obama was born in Kenya, his mother was an American citizen so he was an American citizen at the moment of birth.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
(07-21-2015, 10:43 AM)GMDino Wrote: I think if people are dumb enough to vote for him they deserve him.  Its one thing to disagree on policy...its quite another to just be stupid and an egomaniac.

I wouldn't mind seeing Trump win just to see what happens.  Then again, I'm also the type of guy who would replace the Bengals QB with a donkey during an undefeated season because "Come onnnnn man!"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150721/us--gop_2016-trump-3af1f572a6.html

A decent article by AP about some of the people who support Trump.  It doesn't make them out to be
"crazies".
(07-21-2015, 11:19 AM)Toy Cannon Wrote: http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150721/us--gop_2016-trump-3af1f572a6.html

A decent article by AP about some of the people who support Trump.  It doesn't make them out to be
"crazies".

Meh, the people in that article that support Trump could run for president themselves the way that regurgitate generic statements with zero context.  I like the woman who said Trump "Tells it like it is."  That's usually the last bastion of defense for someone who self-righteously blurts out offensive crap, but it usually applies to d-bags and not presidential candidates.  Meh.
(07-21-2015, 11:19 AM)Toy Cannon Wrote: http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150721/us--gop_2016-trump-3af1f572a6.html

"crazies".

If they think Trump is "fully right " they aren't just crazy they are delusional.

He's a blowhard who is so full of himself he ACTUALLY believes he can make Mexico pay for the wall he's going to build.  

The problem with a "businessman" who want to be president is that they don't understand they can just order it and people who work for him (who are afraid of being fired) will do it.

This isn't about policy or birth certificates its about having an ego so large he TRULY believes he's never made a mistake or will make one and that he is simply better than everyone else at everything always.  Delusional.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I've read that Trump takes good care of his employees and they like working for him. Also, he makes himself available to entrepreneurs who want his advice on starting a business and/or dealing with the bureaucracy.

He has been in public life a long time. He is a showman who talks with a lot of bluster. I give him a pass for the brash remarks because I believe he has a good heart and has helped a lot of people along the way.

A few years back there was a renovation project at the U.N. building in New York City. It cost tens of millions of dollars and took several years. Trump looked at it and said he could have done it for 3 million and finished it in six months. I believed him, but then again I'm a rural person and apparently a rube.
(07-21-2015, 11:44 AM)Toy Cannon Wrote: I've read that Trump takes good care of his employees and they like working for him.  Also, he makes himself available to entrepreneurs who want his advice on starting a business and/or dealing with the bureaucracy.  

He has been in public life a long time.  He is a showman who talks with a lot of bluster.  I give him a pass for the brash remarks because I believe he has a good heart and has helped a lot of people along the way.

A few years back there was a renovation project at the U.N. building in New York City.  It cost tens of millions of dollars and took several years.  Trump looked at it and said he could have done it for 3 million and finished it in six months.  I believed him, but then again I'm a rural person and apparently a rube.

Don't take it personally.

He's also a man who has used bankruptcy to hide his failure as a businessman.  Having bluster doesn't make it OK to be dumb.  Even if you buy the premise that McCain isn't a hero because he was captured...what about all the successful flights he had?  What about the rest of his career?

If McCain is a "loser" because he lost the Presidential race...what does that make Trump who keeps quitting when he has to follow the rules about financial disclosure?

I know lots of braggarts...not one of them would successful without the people under them being fearful. 

The art of admitting your own short-comings or, heaven forbid, admitting when you are wrong is lost on the Trump type.  They just plow straight ahead.  that's being delusional.

Of course Trump hits a few things right.  Throw enough stuff at the wall and some things will stick.  But he's appealing the basest of the base of the GOP.  the ones who thin we aren't "America" enough anymore because of the "foreigners" and the "changes".  But when it comes time for the general election he'll either have to tone it down and tick off his supporters or continue to be a hardheaded jerk who thinks he can say anything without retribution and never get elected.

At which point he too will be a loser.
(07-21-2015, 12:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: He's also a man who has used bankruptcy to hide his failure as a businessman.

I brought this up years ago when people who supported Trump were also up in arms over the bailouts.  Once you have enough money this country will privatize your profits and socialize your losses because "if you are held responsible for your business failings people will lose jobs."  Trump is the poster-boy for something his supporters claimed to hate...then again, if the intricacies of politics were supposed to be the main point of contention we likely wouldn't have a two-party, color-coded system would we?
(07-21-2015, 11:44 AM)Toy Cannon Wrote: but then again I'm a rural person and apparently a rube.

There are rubes everywhere.  Please put away your "rural person" victim card.  It is embarrassing to other rural people like myself.
(07-21-2015, 12:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There are rubes everywhere.  Please put away your "rural person" victim card.  It is embarrassing to other rural people like myself.

LOL...No doubt.  I have lived most of my life rural.  My wife grew up on serious acreage in the middle of nowhere.  
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Trump is as much a progressive as obama. They believe in the same things.
(07-21-2015, 02:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Trump is as much a progressive as obama.   They believe in the same things.

Well that tune changed quickly.  Smirk
(07-21-2015, 02:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well that tune changed quickly.  Smirk

Trump is in favor of big government. Universal healthcare.

The only difference is that slight difference between a GOP progressive and a Dem progressive.
(07-21-2015, 02:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Trump is in favor of big government.   Universal healthcare.  

The only difference is that slight difference between a GOP progressive and a Dem progressive.

So you're done defending him then?  Good.
(07-21-2015, 02:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: So you're done defending him then?  Good.

I have never been a fan.   I have mentioned the hypocrisy of attacking him.   But that's far from being a supporter.

He is hurting the debate atm and just pushing us towards a bush nomination.
(07-21-2015, 12:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There are rubes everywhere.  Please put away your "rural person" victim card.  It is embarrassing to other rural people like myself.

I guess I'm not good at this, you're not the only one who found my posts unwelcome.  I won't bother you again.

Are you going away with no word of farewell,

Will there be not a trace left behind?

I could have loved you better, didn't mean to be unkind.

You know that was the last thing on my mind.

- Tom Paxton
(07-21-2015, 02:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have never been a fan.   I have mentioned the hypocrisy of attacking him.   But that's far from being a supporter.

He is hurting the debate atm and just pushing us towards a bush nomination.

And yet you were completely off base in your example of "hypocrisy" which REALLY made it look like you we defending him.  Mellow
(07-21-2015, 04:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: And yet you were completely off base in your example of "hypocrisy" which REALLY made it look like you we defending him.  Mellow

No you just saw whatever you wanted .... As usual...
(07-21-2015, 06:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No you just saw whatever you wanted ....  As usual...

No.

You said Al Franken made the same comment while an elected senator.  You were off by eight years and completely and totally wrong.

So what I SAW was you talking out four hiney and then running away and now lying about it.

Rock On
(07-21-2015, 09:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: No.

You said Al Franken made the same comment while an elected senator.  You were off by eight years and completely and totally wrong.

So what I SAW was you talking out four hiney and then running away and now lying about it.

Rock On

Wasn't Franken's satire? McCain's big narrative during 2000 was his POW experience and the Bush campaign was attacking everything about him. If we were reading this from a former SNL writer in 2000, we'd be saying "I see what he's doing there", especially since he kind of praised McCain.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]