Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tua out for Thursday?
(09-27-2022, 06:06 PM)tms Wrote: I'm always intrigued by the risk/reward ratio of situations like this. If he plays and gets knocked out again (Tua was never Cal Ripken to begin with), the Dolphins'll take a lot of abuse for it. To say nothing of the potential liability and legal ramifications down the road. Can they afford to take that gamble? Given how the footage went viral, it would seem so blatantly wrong to the casual observer. All the momentum they've generated to date would go up in smoke, whereas if he sat out a week or two the optics would be a lot less damaging to the team, if not Tua himself.

If I were them I'd just play Teddy and stop messing around like this. Because they won't win anyway. Wink

If they sit Tua now, it's basically an admission they sent him back in with a concussion.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 06:31 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: How many voodoo dolls do you have of Burrow in your house?

It not about Burrow it was about he  has been subpar for those games, his rating in in the 100s.. he is better now in his 3rs year and now has a big play WR
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 07:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: FFS give it a rest already.

Giving what a rest, I made a valid point the post said Tua had been suppar and he has out performed Burrow and we should not underestimate him.. sorry if that hurt your feelings 
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 09:50 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Giving what a rest, I made a valid point the post said Tua had been suppar and he has out performed Burrow and we should not underestimate him.. sorry if that hurt your feelings 

Nicomo and whining. Name a more predictable duo
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 06:07 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He had a higher qb rating every game  than Burrow and has better stats in the non mo ster game than Joe. He has improved and is a big play threat now 

Cut it out already...
Reply/Quote
Joe is overdue for a big game..Fins D isn't the Bengals D and both their QBs have significant injury histories.. at least one does. The other might be playing with a few lose brain cells still flopping around between his ears.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Tua will play Thursday night. I look for a good ole fashioned shootout between him and Burrow.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 02:45 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yeah - and Tua doesn't scare me. His stats are inflated based on one game this year. Other than that, hes looked pedestrian. Bring his little ass on. 

(09-27-2022, 09:50 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Giving what a rest, I made a valid point the post said Tua had been suppar and he has out performed Burrow and we should not underestimate him.. sorry if that hurt your feelings 

Nothing Weezy said is untrue. Outside Tua’s big game against Baltimore his numbers have been pedestrian.

Two out of his three games he’s only thrown for 1 TD, and he just had 186 yards against Buffalo.

And ofc Tua has a higher passer rating than Burrow right now, Burrow was terrible the first couple weeks. But he’s coming off a good game against NY - 275 yards, 3 TD’s, 0 INT’s, 114.9 rating. Which is exactly what you were asking for in this thread you started.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-We-need-a-break-out-game-by-Joe-Burrow

You literally knock Burrow for throwing 2 TD’s or less in that thread, but are on here talking up Tua who’s thrown 1 TD in multiple games this season.

But I know Essex, Herbert, Tua…anyone but Burrow, amirite?!

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 10:32 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Tua will play Thursday night. I look for a good ole fashioned shootout between him and Burrow.

You would think so with probably the 2 best WR groups in the league, but watch it be a low scoring defensive type game.

Reply/Quote
I want to beat Tua, reschedule the game if need be..
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 07:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If they sit Tua now, it's basically an admission they sent him back in with a concussion.

That's a good point. 
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 11:04 PM)tms Wrote: That's a good point. 

Not really, they are saying it's a back and ankle injuries
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 10:57 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I want to beat Tua, reschedule the game if need be..

I’ve never been concerned with beating a team at their best. The goal is to get to the playoffs. Any advantage is welcome.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 11:11 PM)Tony Wrote: Not really, they are saying it's a back and ankle injuries

They can’t say he’s out due to a concussion. That’ll make the league look bad.

If they rule him out, they will say it’s back and neck, like you say.

That’s how you cover it up
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 11:11 PM)Tony Wrote: Not really, they are saying it's a back and ankle injuries

Yes. That's exactly why it's a good point. 
Reply/Quote
Hope Tua plays lol
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 11:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: They can’t say he’s out due to a concussion. That’ll make the league look bad.

If they rule him out, they will say it’s back and neck, like you say.

That’s how you cover it up

Ya that's basically what I'm saying. They are saving face. Anyone with eyes can see he was knocked out.. They have a cover if he don't play, so it's really not admitting anything..
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 11:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hope Tua plays lol

Me too.. I want to pound that Dbag and Hill.. I want him destroyed..
Reply/Quote
The Dolphins haven't practiced all week so his back hasn't been tested. They are traveling today to a city that is 20 tp 40 degrees cooler than it has been in Miami. That is a recipe for muscles tightening even further

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 10:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Hilarious
Nicomo and whining. Name a more predictable duo

Tony and "gloom and doom!"  Hilarious
Reply/Quote