Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tua out for Thursday?
(09-29-2022, 11:29 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We have been telling you that you need prescriptive correction though!

Then cite an example of Tua exhibiting symptoms of a concussion after he returned to play.
Reply/Quote
was it a member of the dolphins that grabbed Josh Allens junk? Burrow Wear 2 cups
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 01:21 AM)jason Wrote: Miami would unload him for Burrow in a heartbeat...

Totally agree, never said they would not, referrring to the post that said Tua is below average this year, he has played solid this season and shown improvement

And some draft picks are comin' with him.

Seriously... Tua's had one big game in the NFL. It was actually a huge quarter. It was also against that same back up Ravens secondary that Burrow hung 500 yards on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 11:48 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: was it a member of the dolphins that grabbed Josh Allens junk?  Burrow Wear 2 cups

They learned it from the Stoolers and the infamous "taint special" game in the snow. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 11:39 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: He sure looked dazed and confused after trying to walk to their huddle but he did come back in and won the game. He threw a TD too didn't he in the 2nd half after all of that? Decades ago before this concussion safety thing players would get their bell rung on a play, go to the sidelines if they could find it and the announcers would say "player is being tended to" meaning they were trying to wake him up with smelling salts and tell him where he was and would go back in the game. 

Yeah, there was none of this protocol back in the day that is for damn sure. We need to just play Tua like that never happened.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 12:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: They learned it from the Stoolers and the infamous "taint special" game in the snow. Ninja

I always thought that was referred to as the "butthole blowout". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Santa's little helper will be playing tonight.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 11:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: With my own eyes I saw him return and play well with no signs of a concussion.

I can’t tell if you’re being serious or facetious.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 04:32 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I can’t tell if you’re being serious or facetious.

I watched the game.

I did not see him show any signs of a concussion after he returned.

If I am wrong tell me what signs you saw.  
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 04:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I watched the game.

I did not see him show any signs of a concussion after he returned.

If I am wrong tell me what signs you saw.  

Do you doubt he had a concussion? Or are you just playing Devil’s advocate? If it’s the latter, I don’t want to get in this. I’ve got other things to do. If this is a genuine interest in learning more I’m happy to explain.

So which is it?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 05:02 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Do you doubt he had a concussion? Or are you just playing Devil’s advocate? If it’s the latter, I don’t want to get in this. I’ve got other things to do. If this is a genuine interest in learning more I’m happy to explain.  

So which is it?

Explain this.

If a concussion can be diagnosed just from watching TV then why would the NFL waste time with all these doctors and tests?

And why haven't the Dolphins been punished by the NFL?  Law suits over head injuries could coat the league millions.  So why is The NFL letting the Dolphins get away with violating the rules?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 05:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Explain this.

If a concussion can be diagnosed just from watching TV then why would the NFL waste time with all these doctors and tests?

And why haven't the Dolphins been punished by the NFL?  Law suits over head injuries could coat the league millions.  So why is The NFL letting the Dolphins get away with violating the rules?

You piddle over the most irrelevant things on this board.. lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 05:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Explain this.

He couldn’t have passed a drunk driving test with an abnormal gait due to vestibular dysfunction after a head injury. That was a temporary disruption of normal neurological function due to a head injury. The very definition of a concussion.

Whether I observe the vestibular dysfunction on my TV or in the clinic doesn’t change what I observed.

Most of the time when I see a head injury I don’t have the benefit of observing the injury or what happened afterwards. So the diagnosis is usually based upon the history while the physical exam is normal. That’s not the case with Tua. Observing what happened during and after the head injury in a way makes it easier to diagnose a concussion than just a history.

Also, the signs are temporary. Sometimes the diagnosis is based upon symptoms (headache, nausea, decreased concentration) which can’t be observed while the exam is normal. Sometimes the symptoms are delayed.

If you see a player immediately grab their head and “shake the cobwebs out” after their head is whiplashed into the turf it is because they just got “dinged.” That’s the most common type of concussion. If they lose their balance, stagger, can’t walk a straight line, and need to be supported by teammates; that’s a concussion. Doesn’t matter if I observe the vestibular dysfunction on the TV or in the clinic.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Former co-director of CTE Center at Boston University School of Medicine, neuroscientist, and Ph.D.
Reply/Quote
Well done Oncemore and I ain't no Doc, but that is what I saw...
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 07:05 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Former co-director of CTE Center at Boston University School of Medicine, neuroscientist, and Ph.D.

I looked up Chris Nowinski. Yeah, he's quite an authority on the subject.  He is a neuroscientist, who cofounded, and is CEO, of the Concussion Legacy Foundation, a non-profit organization leading the fight against concussions and CTE. And, as noted was a co-director of the CTE Center at Boston University School of medicine. 

I think that would trust his authority on the matter over those claiming he didn't have a concussion because he was able to perform well after returning to the game. 
Reply/Quote
I will add that Bennet Omalu, the physician and neuropathologist, who is credited with first discovering CTE, said Tua never should have come back into the game, that he put his life at risk.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/tua-tagovailoa-concussion-concern-famed-neuropathologist-says-qb-put-his-life-at-risk/

It is in the NFL's and Miami's interest to have Tua for this important game (and Miami for the battle with Buffalo) and is in the NFL's interest to give the impression their safety protocols are working. But this is a very bad look for the NFL.
Reply/Quote
I guess we will see how Tua moves. If he’s running all over the place and winging the ball it’s all fake. He will grimace for the cameras but we will see how he moves.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 07:05 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I wouldn't even need the doctor or independent consultant to tell me that Tua had a concussion there.

Anyone with a quarter of a brain would realize that Tua was feeling the effects of the hit and probably wasn't even sure where he was.

I'm surprised they're letting him play on this short week but one hit and slam to the ground and I think he's done. 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 07:37 PM)Nepa Wrote: I think that would trust his authority on the matter over those claiming he didn't have a concussion because he was able to perform well after returning to the game. 

What about taking his word over a physician that actually did a complete physical examination of Tua?  Like I said before.  If we can diagnose a concussion from watching TV then why does the NFL have this testing protocol in place.

My dad had a bad back and saw him fall down from getting a "catch".  He would also scrunch up his shoulders and rotate his neck to "loosen it up".

I don't claim to be a doctor.  I don't even know what was wrong with my dad's back.  But any "doctor" who claims you can't lose you balance and fall from a back problem is full of shit.

I could very well be wrong about what happened to Tua.  But if it is as clear as some "doctors" are claiming then the NFL will not be able to get away with denying it happened.  They will be forced to admit it.  They are scared shitless about law suits over head injuries.  A lot more concerned about those than if Tua plays a Thursday night game for the Dolphins.
Reply/Quote