Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tua out for Thursday?
(09-27-2022, 11:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: They can’t say he’s out due to a concussion. That’ll make the league look bad.

If they rule him out, they will say it’s back and neck, like you say.

That’s how you cover it up

Except that the league is now investigating it and will probably have an outside neurologist test him.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 09:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Tony and "gloom and doom!"  Hilarious

I see Frank is still talking about me even after I put him on ignore. LOL

[Image: regina-george-mean-girls.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 11:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: They can’t say he’s out due to a concussion. That’ll make the league look bad.

If they rule him out, they will say it’s back and neck, like you say.

That’s how you cover it up

They already look bad for ignoring their concussion protocol and player safety after Tua demonstrated multiple observable signs of a concussion immediately following a blow to the head including a temporary disruption of normal neurological function.

They can’t cover up what you saw with your own eyes. This is just lying.
Reply/Quote
Tua was Limited last Practice... Id bet he plays but their Backup isnt a slouch... And we dont fair well vs Backups generally
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 12:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Tua was Limited last Practice... Id bet he plays but their Backup isnt a slouch... And we dont fair well vs Backups generally

We played Bridgewater last year when he was in Denver, and he was terrible before getting injured (12/22 98 yards 0 TD).

It’s more unknown backup QB’s that give us problems. Guys with not much tape out there.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 07:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If they sit Tua now, it's basically an admission they sent him back in with a concussion.

They will just say it was his back, to save face
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 12:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We played Bridgewater last year when he was in Denver, and he was terrible before getting injured (12/22 98 yards 0 TD).

It’s more unknown backup QB’s that give us problems. Guys with not much tape out there.

Good point on us playing Teddy well last year...

Makes me feel better if he gets the nod. Also I agree and think that is the reason we don't fair well against backup QB's.

Not much film to study on them.
Reply/Quote
Teddy also did not have Hill and Waddle just for perspective.

He's a solid back up QB but I personally rather see a Burrow vs. Tua battle as I'll be at the game.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 02:34 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I really think Tua may not end up playing Thursday...and if he does play no way he is 100%

That's what we want, right?  Guys playing injured are more likely to make mistakes.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 01:22 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Teddy also did not have Hill and Waddle just for perspective.

He's a solid back up QB but I personally rather see a Burrow vs. Tua battle as I'll be at the game.

I would rather see us beat a team at their BEST so we know where we truly stand

and if we Lose they were better.

Also dont like to See Bad calls for either team dont like Zebras interfering in the outcome and neither does the sports betters
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 01:22 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Teddy also did not have Hill and Waddle just for perspective.

Those are some damn good weapons that is for sure.

One thing about Teddy is usually he is pretty smart about not throwing interceptions.

(09-28-2022, 01:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's what we want, right?  Guys playing injured are more likely to make mistakes.

Just want a win, if it comes because Tua isn't quite right, so be it.

Need to get to .500.

(09-28-2022, 01:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I would rather see us beat a team at their BEST so we know where we truly stand

and if we Lose they were better.

Also dont like to See Bad calls for either team   dont like Zebras interfering in the outcome and neither does the sports betters

Yeah, would prefer it if Tua plays honestly. But right now if the Phins are at their best they probably beat us if we aren't
at ours. Our Offense is still trying to find itself even if it shown some good things in the first quarter against the Jets. The
Jets still allow a lot of points so we need to really improve to beat a good Miami team.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 12:53 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: They already look bad for ignoring their concussion protocol and player safety after Tua demonstrated multiple observable signs of a concussion immediately following a blow to the head including a temporary disruption of normal neurological function.

They can’t cover up what you saw with your own eyes. This is just lying.

they already tried covering it up by saying it was his back
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 01:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Those are some damn good weapons that is for sure.

One thing about Teddy is usually he is pretty smart about not throwing interceptions.

Just want a win, if it comes because Tua isn't quite right, so be it.

Need to get to .500.

Yeah, would prefer it if Tua plays honestly. But right now if the Phins are at their best they probably beat us if we aren't
at ours. Our Offense is still trying to find itself even if it shown some good things in the first quarter against the Jets. The
Jets still allow a lot of points so we need to really improve to beat a good Miami team.

This is a Phins Defense that just hamstrung the Bills high powered attack so it will be a good test for us
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 02:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: This is a Phins Defense that just hamstrung the Bills high powered attack so it will be a good test for us

No doubt and that is saying something.

For sure it won't be easy.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 02:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: This is a Phins Defense that just hamstrung the Bills high powered attack so it will be a good test for us

I don’t know about hamstrung. They gave up 500 yards of offense. However, we have to finish. That’s where the Bills struggled. Will be a close one I’m sure.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 03:38 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I don’t know about hamstrung. They gave up 500 yards of offense. However, we have to finish. That’s where the Bills struggled. Will be a close one I’m sure.

Yep, gotta score TD's to beat these guys.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 03:38 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I don’t know about hamstrung. They gave up 500 yards of offense. However, we have to finish. That’s where the Bills struggled. Will be a close one I’m sure.

Ahh only saw the final score.. but if they were moving the ball like that and were kept out of the endzone thats a good job still
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 04:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Ahh only saw the final score.. but if they were moving the ball like that and were kept out of the endzone thats a good job still

Yeah, it was one of those weird games where Buffalo dominated everything but the score board. They essentially doubled them up on yards, 1st downs and TOP. So I do think Buffalo is still the better team, but Miami is no slouch and likely a playoff team. So we have to bring our A-game.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 04:28 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yeah, it was one of those weird games where Buffalo dominated everything but the score board. They essentially doubled them up on yards, 1st downs and TOP. So I do think Buffalo is still the better team, but Miami is no slouch and likely a playoff team. So we have to bring our A-game.

Well said. Us being at home is huge honestly with them coming off of a game like that and Tua getting concussed and 
still sounding like he is playing. We will see if we come out like we did against the Jets on Offense in the 1st quarter. 

Sure hope we do, cause if this is the case I think we win. We cannot go into this game like we did the first 2 games 
this season or we could easily lose to these guys and be 1-3. I know it is a long season but this is a big game early on
in the AFC.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 04:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well said. Us being at home is huge honestly with them coming off of a game like that and Tua getting concussed and 
still sounding like he is playing. We will see if we come out like we did against the Jets on Offense in the 1st quarter. 

Sure hope we do, cause if this is the case I think we win. We cannot go into this game like we did the first 2 games 
this season or we could easily lose to these guys and be 1-3. I know it is a long season but this is a big game early on
in the AFC.

Yep. If we can win, there’s a high possibility that we could all be 2-2 in the AFC north with 13 games left to play. It’ll be a nice reset if we can get it done with 10 days to prepare for Baltimore.
Reply/Quote