Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tua out for Thursday?
(09-30-2022, 01:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: In the white out thread Fred showed a KKK image...

Well that's not good..... Shocked
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 03:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I know a thing or two about brain injuries lol (I’m completely joking because it was pretty obvious to everyone). You never like to see those injuries (at least I don’t) and even more so because I think it hurts football.

It was unfortunate but we still had to win the game. With our curse against backup quarterbacks, I’m glad we took care of business.

On to the Ravens.

Forgot to mention that I saw that he was taken to University of Cincinnati Hospital, which is where I was flown the night of the wreck.
Reply/Quote
May have already been mentioned but kind of surprised he was released so early from UC Medical Center. Seems like he should have been kept overnight for observation. Wonder if that was the Dolphins call too.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 04:25 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: May have already been mentioned but kind of surprised he was released so early from UC Medical Center. Seems like he should have been kept overnight for observation. Wonder if that was the Dolphins call too.

I wouldn’t think flying on a plane that soon would be the best thing for a head injury but what do I know.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: In the white out thread Fred showed a KKK image...

I saw that at the time, but I didn't for one second think Fred was actually advocating on behalf of the Klan.  That's just Fred, stirring the shit.  But, still a bad look even in that context.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 04:43 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I saw that at the time, but I didn't for one second think Fred was actually advocating on behalf of the Klan.  That's just Fred, stirring the shit.  But, still a bad look even in that context.  

We've come a long way since Clayton Bigsby 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 04:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wouldn’t think flying on a plane that soon would be the best thing for a head injury but what do I know.

Many years back I was in Anaheim at a convention.  On the night of the next-to-last day, they had an event for attendees at California Adventure next to Disneyland.  There was free booze and I so, so overdid it.  The next morning, I had to fly home, and I was sick as a damn dog.  I kept the airsick bag handy, but thankfully never had to use it. 

If a hangover made flying that bad, I can't imagine what a concussion would be like.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The theme last week from the Fins camp was "Tua was not in the NFL protocol".
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34670980/miami-dolphins-qb-tua-tagovailoa-not-concussion-protocol-coach-mike-mcdaniel-says
Quote:Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa is not in concussion protocol as the team prepares for Thursday's game against the Cincinnati Bengals, coach Mike McDaniel said Monday.

Now they say he was checked everyday.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10050795-tua-tagovailoa-was-checked-for-concussion-every-day-says-nfl-chief-medical-officer
Quote:NFL Chief Medical Officer Dr. Allen Sills said on the NFL Network Friday that Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa was checked for concussion symptoms every day this week.

Why does someone NOT in concussion protocol get checked for concussion daily? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I said this in another thread but some of these concussion issues is on the players. TUA is a competitor. His ass knew he wasn’t right going into that game. I don’t say this to shift blame completely on to the Dolphins FO but when something like this happens ALOT of ppl messed up including TUA. Hindsight says this would’ve been a great game to sit too. 3-0 and you’ve got Teddy B, a guy who could start on a lot of teams. There was no reason to endanger your franchise QB like this
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 05:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The theme last week from the Fins camp was "Tua was not in the NFL protocol".
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34670980/miami-dolphins-qb-tua-tagovailoa-not-concussion-protocol-coach-mike-mcdaniel-says

And why would a player with back okay njury grab his head?
Now they say he was checked everyday.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10050795-tua-tagovailoa-was-checked-for-concussion-every-day-says-nfl-chief-medical-officer

Why does someone NOT in concussion protocol get checked for concussion daily? 

Exactly. Why not check his back since they determined that was injured?

That guy should be a politician or a lawyer with all the double speak.

Doesn’t want to violate patient privacy, but then violates HIPAA multiple times unless he had Tua’s consent. And if he had Tua’s consent then he isn’t violating patient privacy. Hell, the weekly injury report is a HIPPA violation without player consent. They kill me with this bullshit cover story about privacy; it’s so fake.

He could tell by the video last night Tua had abnormal neurological findings, but he couldn’t tell from Sunday’s video because he wasn’t there to examine him. Did he examine Tua last night? No. If you can observe abnormal neurological findings from last night’s video you can do the same with Sunday’s video.

Why was he cleared to fly last night? Because abnormal neurological signs can clear in as little as one minute and the concussed player is back to normal. Kinda like his concussion signs cleared quickly on Sunday?

They review all the data including the video to determine if the protocol was followed, but they can’t determine if the protocol was followed by reviewing the video.

GTFO

He has been hired to look out for the interest of owners, not the players. Clearly COA mode.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:38 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I don't know. He looked fine before that hit. Was that Tupou's first career sack?
 Agree, there is no documentation of head injury last game, we got lucky he got injured,  easier could have lost last nite if he stayed in game, but called it on turnover teddy, thank you
Reply/Quote
People are starting to look for a place to put the blame for letting Tua play now. I think the Dolphins should lose draft pick for letting the guy play. They have needed a good QB for years there and now they pull this crap with a guy that could play there for the next 10 years.

The head coach is to blame as well not sure how to make head coaches in the future does not go this route with injured players. A hefty fine that the owners cannot pay off for the coach and some sort of sensitivity training that takes time from them in the offseason.

The doctors who cleared him has no place working in the NFL fire them now.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 06:40 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  Agree, there is no documentation of head injury last game, we got lucky he got injured,  easier could have lost last nite if he stayed in game, but called it on turnover teddy, thank you

Bridgewater played better than Tua. Tua was completing 57% of his passes for under 8 ypa, no TDs and a turnover. 52.7 rating. 

You sound like Dolphins fans talking about how they would have won if he hadn't been injured. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:53 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Watch the hit from Sunday. He was pushed backwards. Not very forcefully. Pay attention to his head. When his back hit the turf it cause his head to snap backwards. That snapping motion is like the tip of a whip cracking from breaking the sound barrier. His neck acts as a lever that rapidly increases the acceleration of his head which increases the force exponentially. He had the same mechanism of injury last night, but his head was snapped sideways instead of backward while his body was being rotated (imagine how an ice skater speeds up during a spin combined with the mass of two players.) And you can’t judge the severity by the force of the hit because Player A’s concussion could be more severe due to less force than Player AB’s concussion. That’s one of the reasons why the grading systems aren’t used as much.

Having one concussion is a risk factor for a second concussion. Subsequent concussion may not require as much force to cause a concussion. Especially if the player should be in the return to play concussion protocol after a concussion four days earlier.

I actually watched that hit at the steakhouse. At the time I was calling Tua a ***** for leaving the game from a simple shove. I mean obviously I realized afterwards he really did get hurt (I didn't see him collapse though just the shove and fall).
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 09:33 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: People are starting to look for a place to put the blame for letting Tua play now. I think the Dolphins should lose draft pick for letting the guy play. They have needed a good QB for years there and now they pull this crap with a guy that could play there for the next 10 years.

The head coach is to blame as well not sure how to make head coaches in the future does not go this route with injured players. A hefty fine that the owners cannot pay off for the coach and some sort of sensitivity training that takes time from them in the offseason.

The doctors who cleared him has no place working in the NFL fire them now.

I personally think Tua himself is partially to blame. In a physical game like football you're going to have your tough guys still even these days that want to tough it out or get out there and not look weak. Also Tua has been a bit of a bust considering his draft status and I'm sure he wants to get out there and continue to prove himself like he has so far to start this season. Problem is it should be the teams responsibility to save these guys from themselves. Once again you got a proven veteran that is more than capable of making a spot start. Short week and then Tua would have gotten the extra time going into the next game to get fully healed up. I wonder if his past injury issues put anything in his head to want to prove that he can be a tough guy and play through an injury?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 10:26 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I personally think Tua himself is partially to blame. In a physical game like football you're going to have your tough guys still even these days that want to tough it out or get out there and not look weak. Also Tua has been a bit of a bust considering his draft status and I'm sure he wants to get out there and continue to prove himself like he has so far to start this season. Problem is it should be the teams responsibility to save these guys from themselves. Once again you got a proven veteran that is more than capable of making a spot start. Short week and then Tua would have gotten the extra time going into the next game to get fully healed up. I wonder if his past injury issues put anything in his head to want to prove that he can be a tough guy and play through an injury?

Some players will try to play on a broken leg or with any injury we got one on our o-line. But coaches and doctors are put in place to protect these guys. And ultimately the team owner has the most responsibility because he hires the coaches and doctors, and they answer to him/her. 

Some fault does belong to the player but everyone else can make the player sit if not cleared to play.
Reply/Quote
Can Tua last in this league or is this the end of it for him?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 07:20 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Can Tua last in this league or is this the end of it for him?

I would be surprised if it was a career ender.   but not surprised if he is season ending IR.   And as another poster on this thread said, I also think we witnessed a career shortening injury.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 07:20 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Can Tua last in this league or is this the end of it for him?

I think it’s a career altering thing. He won’t retire now unless something dramatic happens, but I’d be surprised to see him have a long career. How many QB’s had a big head injury and then went on to play a really long time?
Reply/Quote
Big difference between you or I getting a concussion and resuming activities, and a football player...where resuming activity is with a violent sport. Of course, Miami continues to double down that Tua didn't have a concussion in the 1st place.

Also, there are players out there who have admitted that they purposely flunk their baseline test. Then when they suffer a concussion, it's easier to pass it. That seems troublesome that they are cheating the purpose of the test.
Reply/Quote