Burrow
86.11%
62 86.11%
Total 72 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tua over Burrow
Dont blow me up over this, but honestly I like what I see from Tua more than Burrow. I see a little bit of Mahomes in Tua with the way he moves in the pocket. Tua makes some great throws. I'd figure out where he's gonna fall to and trade back out of the 1st pick.
Reply/Quote
The injury makes it not worth drafting him. He does look like Russell Wilson.

He just seems to get injured a lot. That doesn't really seem to work out well does it?
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 09:14 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Dont blow me up over this, but honestly I like what I see from Tua more than Burrow. I see a little bit of Mahomes in Tua with the way he moves in the pocket. Tua makes some great throws. I'd figure out where he's gonna fall to and trade back out of the 1st pick.

Spending a high pick on an injured player is about Mike Brown's speed, but I have to say Burrow is the guy, but he'll take a year to get use to the NFL speed, defenses and whatnot.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
There is a certain polish to Burrows game that makes him better IMO.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 09:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The injury makes it not worth drafting him. He does look like Russell Wilson.

He just seems to get injured a lot. That doesn't really seem to work out well does it?

He does look like Wilson.
Reply/Quote
Tua Tagovailoa's 2018 tape was spectacular. He throws one of the prettiest ball I have ever seen its always a perfect spiral with perfect trajectory.

But What Joe Burrow has been doing is unheard of...He is making perfect throws behind a mediocre offensive line underpressure. His field vision, processing, and over all feel is just amazing.

This isn't a contest its Joe Burrow.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Someone is going to get a steal in Tua; unfortunately, it's not going to be the team with the first overall pick. Burrow is the pick at 1.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Burrow by basically a landslide. Tua is just to injury prone and who knows how his latest injury might affect his ability ?
Reply/Quote
Why would we draft a cripple? No offense Brad. He may not even come back 100%

Reply/Quote
If Tua can stay healthy he’ll probably be a great QB in the NFL, but that’s a BIG if.

Burrow all day.

Reply/Quote
What you see and like with Tua is the past. The Tua now is a risk. Hurting your hip (his right hip) not only alters the planting foot but also can alter the shifting of weight during throws. No one knows what Tua will be like after the injury. How will prior ankle surgeries and hip surgery affect his mobility? He may begin throwing in spring but has a recovery period so may have to sit out a year. Even then, is he the same? Then there is the possibility of re-injury.

A lot of questions for #1 pick at QB.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Burrow no question... that said, with our luck Burrow will have an injury plagued career and Tua will never miss another game in a HOF career
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 10:52 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Burrow no question... that said, with our luck Burrow will have an injury plagued career and Tua will never miss another game in a HOF career

True, but if we picked Tua then Burrow would have an injury-free HOF career and Tua's leg would fall off about 2022.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Burrow is from Ohio too. No way the Bengals pass on him.
Reply/Quote
Only way I take Tua is if the Bengals can trade down for the 2nd overall pick and get an extra 1st round pick in return.

I would take Chase Young + Tua over only Burrow. Otherwise with the 1st overall pick, Burrow is really the only choice.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I voted Joe Burrow, I would have regardless of the injury.

But now it's concrete.

Tua is good though, real good.

However, we have to remember that this is the same injury that destroyed Bo Jackson's career.

Only Tua's is worse.

Bo suffered a Hip Subluxation, just fancy words for a partial hip dislocation.

Tua had a true hip dislocation and fracture on top of it.

Now, Bo's injury caused AVN which is, death of bone/cartilage and loss of blood.

If early indications are correct it looks like they saved him from that, but be aware it can take a year to truly know that or not.

So come draft time your making a 50/50 guess if he'll even be able to take another snap possibly.

As valuable as 1st rounders are, I don't see anybody taking him in the 1st without a complete and thorough check of that hip, that says he'll be able to 100% percent play in the future and take the kind of abuse that he'd take.

I feel bad for Tua, because he did everything right.

It's a real reminder that life isn't always fair or easy.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I would go Borrow #1 but I think you can make a case for Tua if the Bengals win out and pick number 3 with Borrow and Young both gone. The injury history is a concern but less for me with the hip versus a skill position player. If you think Tua will fully recover and is a legit franchise QB you might have to take him. The way this franchise operates I think a legit franchise QB is the only way they have a chance to be serious competitors. I have no idea if Tua is a franchise QB im not a scout just saying if the Bengals think he's special you have to risk the injury history
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 12:03 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I would go Borrow #1 but I think you can make a case for Tua if the Bengals win out and pick number 3 with Borrow and Young both gone. The injury history is a concern but less for me with the hip versus a skill position player. If you think Tua will fully recover and is a legit franchise QB you might have to take him. The way this franchise operates I think a legit franchise QB is the only way they have a chance to be serious competitors. I have no idea if Tua is a franchise QB im not a scout just saying if the Bengals think he's special you have to risk the injury history

Bengals have been doing a lot of that lately and they keep striking out. Ogbuehi, Ross, Price and Jonah were all drafted injured and Jonah is the only one we don't know is a bust. The other 3 either can't stay on the field and do much or can't get it done or both.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 11:53 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: Bo suffered a Hip Subluxation, just fancy words for a partial hip dislocation.

Tua had a true hip dislocation and fracture on top of it.

Now, Bo's injury caused AVN which is, death of bone/cartilage and loss of blood.

If early indications are correct it looks like they saved him from that, but be aware it can take a year to truly know that or not.

All salient points. Sounds like you may be in the healthcare field? Although I always read that Bo suffered a dislocation, not a "partial dislocation?" That's not something I've ever diagnosed or seen in my career. It's dislocated or it's not.

Agreed, though. Even if he recovers quickly and shows he is able to run prior to the draft, he could still have osteonecrosis brewing. It's a big risk.

It's one I would take, though, if I'm picking top 5 or top 10 and need a franchise QB and Burrow is gone. I'm not confident in any of the other QBs in this draft.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 12:15 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Bengals have been doing a lot of that lately and they keep striking out. Ogbuehi, Ross, Price and Jonah were all drafted injured and Jonah is the only one we don't know is a bust. The other 3 either can't stay on the field and do much or can't get it done or both.

I'm with you on being frustrated with first round picks not playing early on. There's a difference between striking out because they can't stay healthy there whole career versus them missing their rookie season due to injury and sucking at football when there healthy. Ogbuehi was healthy most of his career he's a bust because he sucks at football not because he was injured all the time. Price is heading down the same path he sucks when he's healthy. Ross always had red flags when it came to injuries. Guess my point was I rather take a chance on a game changing franchise QB rather then drafting some OT at #3 who will not drastically change the future of this team. 
Reply/Quote