Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tua's agent: "I hoping Cincy falls in love with Joe Burrow."
This is just PR tricks. If that guy thinks Tua is anywhere near Cinci's radar, then he wouldnt be doing what he does for a living. To say he wouldnt want his client drafted #1 overall is ridiculous. Tua may not even be on our draft board at all at this point. He knows that.
Reply/Quote
Steinberg, trying to work that reverse psychology. Nice try, lol. LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Bengals have been slammed on radio row all week. Palmer even making his rounds slamming the Organization still.

The sad truth is Burrow is screwed and would be a special player in the league if he goes somewhere else. He's not set up to win here.

Burrow likely won't cause a scene if drafted, but I'm not getting the feeling he would care if the Bengals passed on him. He said he'd play anywhere that pays him when asked specifically about the Bengals. He didn't say he'd love to play for the Bengals or hoped they drafted him. He didn't even show up to the Seniorbowl to meet the coaches and get a head start on the playbook (even if he didn't practice/play). I don't get the sense he's overjoyed about being drafted by the Bengals.

Bengals don't care. No help is coming, nothing is changing. Having the first overall pick is just going to put their ineptness in the spotlight the next couple months and we should expect more of this to come.

For the young generation. Welcome to the pre-Marvin Bengals. It doesn't get much better than last season.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Here's a little bit of that "omg, its MB" from the agent himself in his biography, to give you an insight:

Excerpt from his book.

[Image: content?id=8Vr1AAAAQBAJ&printsec=frontco...m-K-mmaVsd]
Reply/Quote
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/01/31/carson-palmer-warns-joe-burrow-bengals-never-tried-win-super-bowl/2862096001/

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 10:46 AM)jj22 Wrote: Bengals have been slammed on radio row all week. Palmer even making his rounds slamming the Organization still.

The sad truth is Burrow is screwed and would be a special player in the league if he goes somewhere else. He's not set up to win here.

Burrow likely won't cause a scene if drafted, but I'm not getting the feeling he would care if the Bengals passed on him. He said he'd play anywhere that pays him when asked specifically about the Bengals. He didn't say he'd love to play for the Bengals or hoped they drafted him. He didn't even show up to meet the coaches and get a head start on the playbook (even if he didn't practice/play). I don't get the sense he's overjoyed about being drafted by the Bengals.

Bengals don't care. No help is coming, nothing is changing. Having the first overall pick is just going to put their ineptness in the spotlight.

I was about to post this article on it's own thread, but since you brought it up, here is an article on Palmer's comments. Neither Palmer or Steinberg are wrong in their opinions. Short of a 'come to Jesus moment', I don't see it having any affect on the Brown family. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/31/carson-palmer-says-bengals-werent-trying-to-win-a-super-bowl/
Reply/Quote
Tua needs a better agent.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 10:46 AM)jj22 Wrote: Bengals have been slammed on radio row all week. Palmer even making his rounds slamming the Organization still.

Burrow likely won't cause a scene if drafted, but I'm not getting the feeling he would care if the Bengals passed on him. He said he'd play anywhere that pays him when asked specifically about the Bengals. He didn't say he'd love to play for the Bengals or hoped they drafted him. He didn't even show up to the Seniorbowl to meet the coaches and get a head start on the playbook (even if he didn't practice/play). I don't get the sense he's overjoyed about being drafted by the Bengals.

Bengals don't care. No help is coming, nothing is changing. Having the first overall pick is just going to put their ineptness in the spotlight the next couple months and we should expect more of this to come.

For the young generation. Welcome to the pre-Marvin Bengals. It doesn't get much better than last season.

Nothing but pure speculation and bullshit ramblings from someone who is passing off their opinion as fact.

There is no, "sad truth," or any other crap; Burrow will be special here or anywhere, as he is a special talent.

TF is wrong with people this morning?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 10:58 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Nothing but pure speculation and bullshit ramblings from someone who is passing off their opinion as fact.

There is no, "sad truth," or any other crap; Burrow will be special here or anywhere, as he is a special talent.

TF is wrong with people this morning?

Not sure what the Organization has done to gain your defense.

Most of us know our Bengals a little better it seems. 99.9% of us.

and have over 30 years of information proving their ineptness.

You want receipts? Cause we can beat a dead horse going over them all. I hesitate to do that for one poster who seems to be a little emotional about my post. But I will.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 10:52 AM)jj22 Wrote: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/01/31/carson-palmer-warns-joe-burrow-bengals-never-tried-win-super-bowl/2862096001/

Ffs give it a rest already.

He’s like a spurned ex-girlfriend.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 11:03 AM)jj22 Wrote: Not sure what the Organization has done to gain your defense.

Most of us know our Bengals a little better it seems. 99.9% of us.

and have over 30 years of information proving their ineptness.

You want receipts? Cause we can beat a dead horse going over them all. I hesitate to do that for one poster who seems to be a little emotional about my post. But I will.

Same amount of Lombardi’s as your boy Zimmer...

Just sayin

Reply/Quote
There is some gamesmanship here as an agent. He knows his client has no real shot of going #1 overall, however by doing this he acts like his client could potentially be #1 but they don't want it to happen. Then when he doesn't go #1 they can act as if they were so lucky to not go #1 but they can still save face as if they were worthy of it.

Agents right now are more PR guy than anything and this is simply a PR move for his client.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We don’t want your glass QB anyway.

Pretty much this. I feel the same way about Tua as his agent does about us.
Reply/Quote
LOL

Really good strategy - ripping the organization with the number 1 overall pick that's thinking about taking your client. I'm sure Tua was thrilled with his comments.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 11:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Same amount of Lombardi’s as your boy Zimmer...

Just sayin

I'm certainly not going to slam Zimmer and his coaching record to try to boost this FO.

I don't even know how anyone can with his success in Minny.

Surely you'd take it wouldn't you?

Reply/Quote
I'd rag on Tua and his agent but the first QB going to a crap org has bren outplayed by later QBs going to better orgs as of late so meh.

Then again tua is just going to go to the crap Dolphins isn't he?
Reply/Quote

Like Dalton was screwed? Was he not set up to win when he went to the playoffs 5 straight times as an average QB on a good team? He had a good OL, good RBs, good WRs and a good defense. I cant buy into the narrative that can we cant build a team around a QB after going to the playoffs 5 out of the last 9 years with a QB like Andy Dalton. An elite QB could've easily had at least one of those teams in the SB. Give me a Drew Brees or someone like that in 2015 over Dalton/McCarron, and we handily beat the Stealers and go deep in the playoffs, maybe the SB.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 11:30 AM)jj22 Wrote: I'm certainly not going to slam Zimmer and his coaching record to try to boost this FO.

I don't even know how anyone can with his success in Minny.

Surely you'd take it wouldn't you?

Vikes are habitual playoff chokers, and that hasn’t really changed since Zimmer got there.

Would I take their records over ours the last few years? Sure, but that’s not saying much. At least we didn’t have to go out and vastly overpay a FA QB because we’re so bad at drafting our own.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 11:39 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Like Dalton was screwed? Was he not set up to win when he went to the playoffs 5 straight times as an average QB on a good team? He had a good OL, good RBs, good WRs and a good defense. I cant buy into the narrative that can we cant build a team around a QB after going to the playoffs 5 out of the last 9 years with a QB like Andy Dalton. An elite QB could've easily had at least one of those teams in the SB. Give me a Drew Brees or someone like that in 2015 over Dalton/McCarron, and we handily beat the Stealers and go deep in the playoffs, maybe the SB.

We shouldn't need a HoF QB to win a playoff game when guys like Ryan Tannehill, Blake Bottles, TJ Yates, and Carson Palmer made it further in a single shot than we did in 5 in a row.

Getting 0 playoff wins out of our last 15+ years of decent QB play looks like a screwed sort of situation, yes.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 10:52 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I was about to post this article on it's own thread, but since you brought it up, here is an article on Palmer's comments. Neither Palmer or Steinberg are wrong in their opinions. Short of a 'come to Jesus moment', I don't see it having any affect on the Brown family. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/31/carson-palmer-says-bengals-werent-trying-to-win-a-super-bowl/

Idk about "Weren't trying to win a SuperBowl", that 2005 team was pretty loaded and looked well on it's way to at least getting to AFCCG.  Well, that is until Mike Brown radioed down to Bill Cowher and instructed him to "Have Kimo sweep the knee"..  Ninja

That article should be re-titled as "Washed up has-been that never was QB, Salty over young, Stud QB to steal the thunder once thought to actually be his"..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote