Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tua's agent: "I hoping Cincy falls in love with Joe Burrow."
(01-31-2020, 12:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: Stable for MB...

Stability has never been in question thanks to MB.

But folks around here say Dalton should have been gone, and would have been gone anywhere else.

Soooooooo......

Was that stability worth bragging about now or was Dalton haters wrong?

If people were “hating” on Dalton before 2016 then yes they were wrong. If they were ready to move on after that then no they were not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 12:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Boomer is actually giving Burrow a Bengals helmet and being positive about it though. At least publicly. Carson needs to give it a rest already. Even if he doesn’t bring it up and is asked about it, can’t he just say he’s covered it plenty of times already?

If I were him I'd just say MBs resume speaks for itself, but there are still Bengals fans who think MB wants to win so I guess Carson needs to keep spreading the word.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 11:50 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Idk about "Weren't trying to win a SuperBowl", that 2005 team was pretty loaded and looked well on it's way to at least getting to AFCCG.  Well, that is until Mike Brown radioed down to Bill Cowher and instructed him to "Have Kimo sweep the knee"..  Ninja

That article should be re-titled as "Washed up has-been that never was QB, Salty over young, Stud QB to steal the thunder once thought to actually be his"..

No it shouldn't.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 10:57 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Tua needs a better agent.

Leigh Steinberg is one of the most well known and respected agents in the game, and has been forever.

You know that movie Jerry Maguire?  That's pretty much based on him.

You may not like his comment and little dig at the Bengals. And thats fine. But he's about the best agent a player can get.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 12:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I see a sort of sad solidarity in Bengals QBs under Mike brown but you seem to enjoy picturing them as bitter ex wives seething and hating the boss's new flame.  But alas, Boomer carson and dalton were the problem and Burrow will finally carry Mike's lazy arse to the promised land!

I just don't think the Bengals QBs are nearly as jealous and hateful of each other as you do, but that's my take.  It's possible Boomer Palmer and Dalton are all going to have a group cry when Burrow gets drafted.  

Not really, just Carson.  I have nothing but admiration and warm memories from Boomer's days of leading the team.  I have no ill feelings towards Andy, he's tried his level best to take this team to the next level.  He was blessed with some loaded teams, but for whatever reasons, just couldn't quite get them over the hump. (I'd still like to have seen how 2015 season would have played out, had Andy not broken his thumb.  Heck, we may very well have been lauding him as the greatest Bengal QB of all time)

But Carson?  Carson strikes a bit of a nerve with me.  You and I just differ on opinions on the matter.  Btw, I meant no malice from my joke post.  ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I don't want to sound like I cheer injuries but if Tua wasn't injured and he and Burrow were the choices does anyone believe the Bengals would make the right pick. Now when they take Burrow even he's a bust MB can say he had to take him. I for one am releived.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 12:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If people were “hating” on Dalton before 2016 then yes they were wrong. If they were ready to move on after that then no they were not.

They been hating on Dalton since the 2012 playoff loss.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 12:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If I were him I'd just say MBs resume speaks for itself, but there are still Bengals fans who think MB wants to win so I guess Carson needs to keep spreading the word.

I would like to hear Carson’s answer as to how we were able to tie a franchise record for wins in 2015 without even trying. Pretty impressive feat.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 12:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not really, just Carson.  I have nothing but admiration and warm memories from Boomer's days of leading the team.  I have no ill feelings towards Andy, he's tried his level best to take this team to the next level.  He was blessed with some loaded teams, but for whatever reasons, just couldn't quite get them over the hump. (I'd still like to have seen how 2015 season would have played out, had Andy not broken his thumb.  Heck, we may very well have been lauding him as the greatest Bengal QB of all time)

But Carson?  Carson strikes a bit of a nerve with me.  You and I just differ on opinions on the matter.  Btw, I meant no malice from my joke post.  ThumbsUp

The issue is that Palmer's constant bitching only holds water because MB did so little to change anything.  Same with this big mouthed agent...they call out MB and it would be laughed off if MB actually tried to change or win, but he is impervious to criticism.  That's the issue.  

No one would be seeking Palmer for MB trashing quotes if we won anything of note in the past decade.  
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 12:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: They been hating on Dalton since the 2012 playoff loss.

Some maybe. Plenty didn’t.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 12:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I would like to hear Carson’s answer as to how we were able to tie a franchise record for wins in 2015 without even trying. Pretty impressive feat.

Same way the Pittsburgh Pirates were good at the same time.  Everything went right and we managed to parlay that fortune into a first round exit.  But the Bengals and Pirates are both last place squads now, so meh.  What goes up. ..
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 11:57 AM)jj22 Wrote: They did nothing to put those playoff teams over the hump. Nothing.

They are doing something now, they are getting a new Quarter Back!!!!!! Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 12:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Same way the Pittsburgh Pirates were good at the same time.  Everything went right and we managed to parlay that fortune into a first round exit.  But the Bengals and Pirates are both last place squads now, so meh.  What goes up. ..

Did the Pirates have one of the best rosters in the league for a couple years?

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 12:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did the Pirates have one of the best rosters in the league for a couple years?

Well baseball is different but the point is they caught lightning in a bottle with new players and some bargain basement FAs.

At any rate, I dont see how saying we had the best roster in the league helps your case since we watched a slew of less talented teams do more than us.

At any rate, MB is going to continue to ignore Palmer's slagging as well as any other criticism so until further notice it's all just internet words.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 11:57 AM)jj22 Wrote: There hadn't been a legit free agent signing since Bryant. No Dalton didn't get the help once the contracts of players who were here before him ran out (the oline, Sanu/MJ etc).

**correction** Sanu/MJ weren't here before him, but the FO never tried to keep them for him.

A probowler hadn't been drafted since 2012 (maybe 2013 can't remember when Eifert was drafted). No Allpro since 2011.

They did nothing to put those playoff teams over the hump. Nothing.

We just had good experienced coaches (which we don't have now on Offense to help Burrow, and again they did nothing to change that).

Unless you are referencing the over-aged linebackers they signed each offseason under Dalton.........

I never heard folks claiming that was building a team around Dalton before now.

Well Im not arguing how they did it, but they did it. We shouldnt have needed anything more to get over the hump in both 2005 and 2015 in particular. The Carson/Kimo thing was just what it was. Nobody not even Mike Brown in this organization had a thing to do with what happened, but if Carson didnt get hurt, we were poised to beat the eventual SB bound Stealers with a team the Bengals built. 2015, imo we even had a better overall team, and one could argue if Dalton didnt get hurt, we may have beat the Steelers, but someone will always counter argue that Dalton already proved he was a choke artist before that. None of that matters because we beat the living crap out of the Steelers that day, but with very marginal QB play and a slew of lame mistakes, we couldnt seal the deal. An elite QB and we win by 2 TDs at least and have a shot at making the SB. We didnt need anything to get over the hump that year except better QB play.

Maybe a big name like Bryant who made very little impact is what we need more of, but I look at FAs like Gilberry who actually made our team better and would like to find more contributers like that.

Marvin, the LB whisperer was the worst LB builder ever. I blame him for the lack of really good LBs except when he sort of got lucky with Burfict. We shouldve had better LBs forever ago, but Marv thought he could always develop raw project type guys and tweaners. That definitely held us back. Pratt already looks like the best LB we've drafted in yeeeears. Sad but true.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 12:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Same way the Pittsburgh Pirates were good at the same time.  Everything went right and we managed to parlay that fortune into a first round exit.  But the Bengals and Pirates are both last place squads now, so meh.  What goes up. ..

Well, by that same logic; What goes down should come back up.

After being somewhat strong and relevant from 2011-2015 seasons, the Bengals have steadily trended downward for the past 4, hitting rock bottom this past season.  By my estimations, it's time for the Bengals to start trending back up.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 12:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well baseball is different but the point is they caught lightning in a bottle with new players and some bargain basement FAs.

At any rate, I dont see how saying we had the best roster in the league helps your case since we watched a slew of less talented teams do more than us.

At any rate, MB is going to continue to ignore Palmer's slagging as well as any other criticism so until further notice it's all just internet words.

It helps my case because I can imagine what Burrow could have probably done on our 2013 or 2015 teams...

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 10:52 AM)jj22 Wrote: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/01/31/carson-palmer-warns-joe-burrow-bengals-never-tried-win-super-bowl/2862096001/

I think the Cards were trying to win a super bowl until pick six Palmer threw six interceptions.
Reply/Quote
We just don't have the 2013 and 2015 coaches. So it's hard to argue what his success would look like now.

it also supports my argument that he'd do better elsewhere with good coaches.

This offense staff has no experience. No one has ever called plays outside of ZT. And he's never had any success (I wasn't for firing him, but I was for getting someone as an Offensive assistant/Assistant HC Offense with some play calling experience and success. Which they didn't even consider).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 12:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, by that same logic; What goes down should come back up.

After being somewhat strong and relevant from 2011-2015 seasons, the Bengals have steadily trended downward for the past 4, hitting rock bottom this past season.  By my estimations, it's time for the Bengals to start trending back up.

And it’s not that uncommon in the NFL. The Niners won 4 games last season...

I’m all for bashing the FO and Mike Brown, but I think I would have given up years ago if I believed it was truly hopeless for this team to ever get over the hump. I’ve wanted a new QB and new HC for a few years now, and we’re about to have both. Taylor’s first season definitely worries me, but let’s see if he turn things around.

Reply/Quote