Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tua's agent: "I hoping Cincy falls in love with Joe Burrow."
(01-31-2020, 01:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They traded up from 15th to take him at 1.  That would be like him going to the Colts or Broncos thus year.

Yeah, the Broncos have totally been a haven for good QB’s LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mid range? The Rams had 9 losing seasons in a row when they took Goff...

Yes they stunk for years even after taking at QB at #1 overall.  
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yes they stunk for years even after taking at QB at #1 overall.  

They stunk for ONE year after taking Goff.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, the Broncos have totally been a haven for good QB’s LOL

They are 7-9 and picking around 15th as the Rams did when they traded up to get Goff.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 11:57 AM)jj22 Wrote: There hadn't been a legit free agent signing since Bryant. No Dalton didn't get the help once the contracts of players who were here before him ran out (the oline, Sanu/MJ etc).

**correction** Sanu/MJ weren't here before him, but the FO never tried to keep them for him.

A probowler hadn't been drafted since 2012 (maybe 2013 can't remember when Eifert was drafted). No Allpro since 2011.

They did nothing to put those playoff teams over the hump. Nothing.

We just had good experienced coaches (which we don't have now on Offense to help Burrow, and again they did nothing to change that).

Unless you are referencing the over-aged linebackers they signed each offseason under Dalton.........

I never heard folks claiming that was building a team around Dalton before now.

Thisssssssssssssssssssssss
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They stunk for ONE year after taking Goff.

They were dead last in the league and took Bradford. How soon we forget the #1 overall QBs that go to bad franchises, eh?
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They are 7-9 and picking around 15th as the Rams did when they traded up to get Goff.

So what? They haven’t had a real franchise QB since Elway. It hasn’t been quite the QB carousel Cleveland has, but they’re pretty inept when it comes to finding a good one.

We’ve had luck with our last 2.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They were dead last in the league and took Bradford. How soon we forget the #1 overall QBs that go to bad franchises, eh?

Ones that can’t stay healthy anyway. Easy to forget about a guy who’s never on the field.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So what? They haven’t had a real franchise QB since Elway. It hasn’t been quite the QB carousel Cleveland has, but they’re pretty inept when it comes to finding a good one.

We’ve had luck with our last 2.

They are 7-9 as the Rams were when they traded up to get Goff, that's the point.  Not their QB history.

You brought up Goff and im jist pointing out the Rams were picking at 15 and traded up to get the guy they went to the SB with while the QB they got at #1 because they stunk didn't do much.

That goes back to teams picking lower having better success with QBs as of late. 
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: AFTER they got their QB.

True, but after they got their young and up and coming coach I'd argue too.

So we missed the opportunity to after hiring a new young coach.

Will they now do it with a new QB? We really don't know, but this seems like it will end with high hopes and great disappointment.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They are 7-9 as the Rams were when they traded up to get Goff, that's the point.  Not their QB history.

You brought up Goff and im jist pointing out the Rams were picking at 15 and traded up to get the guy they went to the SB with while the QB they got at #1 because they stunk didn't do much.

That goes back to teams picking lower having better success with QBs as of late. 

SF only won 4 games last year. Things can turn around quickly in the NFL.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 09:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well no shit. But having multiple surgeries before even entering the NFL is a BIG deal.

If Tua wasn’t injured so much it would be an interesting debate between him an Burrow, but that’s not what happened.

Interesting, I didn't quote you ,yet you still come on like a raging case of the shits. And, I see you answered my first sentence with yours.

You've tried your best to turn every single thread, over the last six weeks, into a JB thread. 

I'm pretty sure that Joe is heterosexual, but if you want a date with him, I'll be happy to start a "Go Fund" for your big dance. Now, piss off!!
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 12:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: And so it begins.... He heard Palmer.

"You want to go No. 1. But you also want to go to a great organization that is committed to winning. Committed to winning Super Bowls." - Joe Burrow on @dpshow

This may not go as smooth as we hoped.

It was a baited question. DP asked what's more important going #1OA or going to the right team.

Now later in the interview DP joked that Burrow was happy they were done asking Bengals questions and he said yes and laughed.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: SF only won 4 games last year. Things can turn around quickly in the NFL.

Their starting QB was out all year, too.  Im just saying Burrow would likely feel better if a team that has won a playoff game in his lifetime traded up to get him.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:48 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Interesting, I didn't quote you ,yet you still come on like a raging case of the shits. And, I see you answered my first sentence with yours.

You've tried your best to turn every single thread, over the last six weeks, into a JB thread. 

I'm pretty sure that Joe is heterosexual, but if you want a date with him, I'll be happy to start a "Go Fund" for your big dance. Now, piss off!!

We’re literally IN a Joe Burrow thread...LOL

But yeah, silly me for being excited about drafting a record setting, Hesiman winning, stud QB.

Let’s just keep talking about how the OL sucks, Mike Brown sucks, Taylor sucks, etc. Much more interesting topics, amirite?!

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Their starting QB was out all year, too.  Im just saying Burrow would likely feel better if a team that has won a playoff game in his lifetime traded up to get him.

Well, not all year, he started 3 games.

But I guess I’m just a little surprised this is getting so much thought? #1 picks go to bad teams. Period. Burrow obviously knows this.

Didn’t stop guys like Cam and Luck from having success.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’re literally IN a Joe Burrow thread...LOL

But yeah, silly me for being excited about drafting a record setting, Hesiman winning, stud QB.

Let’s just keep talking about how the OL sucks, Mike Brown sucks, Taylor sucks, etc.  Much more interesting topics, amirite?!

Hey now, you're the one who mentioned wishing he could see Burrow play for us when we had better coaching and a better online from 13-15.  If Burrow isn't Zeus on toast in 2020 ZT is going right under the bus, and possibly for good reason. 
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 02:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, not all year, he started 3 games.

But I guess I’m just a little surprised this is getting so much thought? #1 picks go to bad teams. Period. Burrow obviously knows this.

Didn’t stop guys like Cam and Luck from having success.

Agreed, but as I've said before it's got to be extra spooky when you are going 1st overall and a franchise like the Browns or Lions or Bengals are picking. 
Reply/Quote
Who cares what Steinberg said. The last thing we need to do is draft another injured player. That being said I hope Tua has a full recovery & a long career. Can't get Burrow in uniform soon enough.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 02:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hey now, you're the one who mentioned wishing he could see Burrow play for us when we had better coaching and a better online from 13-15.  If Burrow isn't Zeus on toast in 2020 ZT is going right under the bus, and possibly for good reason. 

I brought up those years because it’s proof we can put together good teams.

Reply/Quote