Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tua's agent: "I hoping Cincy falls in love with Joe Burrow."
(01-31-2020, 02:40 PM)bengaloo Wrote: If that is what this is, then Palmer is really only making his worst critics and haters look correct about how soft he is. We made the playoffs with a 2nd round rookie the year he left. I mean, if Palmer's departure lead to our team sinking to all time lows, then he may have some kind of point, but it lead to us improving a good deal. This is weak. If I were Joe Burrow i would see right through all this. Im sure he's not thrilled to go to his rival team, but this kind of stuff happens all the time in the NFL. Its just how it is.

It's clear as we see the end of the Dalton/Green era looming that we underperformed as an organization so I don't think it's a Palmer vs Dalton thing.  Plus, 4 losing seasons in a row and 2-14 show we have gone both above and below the Palmer era, too.

We have done both better and worse sans Palmer, but the main point is MB is still doing things his way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Between Palmer’s and Burrow’s comments and an all time low in ticket sales hopefully the front office gets the message. I look at the negative publicity against the Bengals as a good thing that will hopefully make them change there ways.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 02:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If Mike Brown drafted a guy at #1 and then intentionally sat him for 5 years to make a point the NFL should expunge him from the league. 

It won't happen anyway as he'll just enter the 2021 draft if he's drafted and doesn't sign.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 02:52 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Between Palmer’s and Burrow’s comments and an all time low in ticket sales hopefully the front office gets the message. I look at the negative publicity against the Bengals as a good thing that will hopefully make them change there ways.

It won’t. All it’s doing is raining on our parade.

Reply/Quote
They make it seem like Joe Burrow came out and said it because its nagging him or something, and that he wasnt just answering a direct question that totally baited him to give this exact answer with no real choice other than refusing to answer at all? Come-on ya'll. Dont buy into this media created drama. DP set him up to say that. Dont believe me, watch the interview for yourself.
Reply/Quote
Are the Browns committed to winning? IF so, look over the last 12 years. No one is talking about Browns and they have been a disaster. A place where QB go and withering away.

Bengals need to bolster the draft personnel. Burrow will bring expectations. Tobin better sign some blue chip FA and fix at least a couple needs. Burrow is a winner and my hope is that he can help save this organization. He will be superman if he wins a playoff game. He will be considered a god by some if he takes the Bengals to the super bowl.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Shots fired..... ball's in your court Mikey. You gonna dribble it off your foot?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
This is overblown media drama, but it's MB's fault these statements are believable.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 03:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This is overblown media drama, but it's MB's fault these statements are believable.

Correct.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 12:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If I were him I'd just say MBs resume speaks for itself, but there are still Bengals fans who think MB wants to win so I guess Carson needs to keep spreading the word.

Win at football? I don't think so, Win at money? yep, he's King there!
Reply/Quote
This is about how I expected this process to unfold.

I would not be the least bit surprised if this gets worse.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
This time of year and draft time is the only time some of us get to think of the positive possibilities that could have happen next year. Do we go overboard with our expectations? YES. That being said the rest seem to want to belly ache year round.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 02:26 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Burrow might be letting the Palmers get in his head. But what Burrow does not understand is that if Mike Brown drafts him  and he refuses to play for us. Then Mike will watch him sit on the bench for the next 4 or 5 years and Burrow will be 30 years old and never have started an NFL game. And I as a fan would not blame Mike Brown one bit and support his choice. The teams pick the players in the draft not the other way around.

So he's not forced to sign a contract if he's drafted.
And I believe (not 100% sure) that if he doesn't sign a contract this year, he returns back to the draft pool for next year, right?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 11:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Vikes are habitual playoff chokers, and that hasn’t really changed since Zimmer got there.

Would I take their records over ours the last few years? Sure, but that’s not saying much. At least we didn’t have to go out and vastly overpay a FA QB because we’re so bad at drafting our own.

Bridgewater wasn't a bad pick, sans a freak injury. He performed rather well in Brees' absence this year, no?

Reply/Quote
Burrow be like

[Image: tenor.gif]
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 03:09 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Win at football? I don't think so, Win at money? yep, he's King there!

Compared to me, yes.  Compared to other NFL owners he's a lazy welfare queen.  He's not building his brand value, he's coasting. Compared to his peers he's not exactly a genius business man.
Reply/Quote
So it's gonna be Justin Herbert to the Bengals then, eh? Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 03:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So it's gonna be Justin Herbert to the Bengals then, eh?  Ninja

Burrow is such a confident winner he might actually beg MB to make the Bengals even worse so he can really make a statement by winning here.  
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 03:16 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: This time of year and draft time is the only time some of us get to think of the positive possibilities that could have next year. Do we go overboard with our expectations? YES. That being said the rest seem to want to belly ache year round.

Yep. Some people seem to actually be enjoying all this...

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 03:19 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Bridgewater wasn't a bad pick, sans a freak injury. He performed rather well in Brees' absence this year, no?

He didn’t turn out to be a franchise QB so I wouldn’t exactly call him a good one.

Reply/Quote