Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tua's agent: "I hoping Cincy falls in love with Joe Burrow."
(01-31-2020, 03:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: BAKER is such a confident winner he might actually beg MB to make the Bengals even worse so he can really make a statement by winning here.  

FIFY
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 03:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: FIFY

Ah that's right, our players have swagger not cockiness. 
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 12:50 AM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: According to the Cincinnati Enquirer: Tua Tagovailoa's agent, Leigh Steinberg, was asked about how he and his client felt about potentially going number 1 overall.

“You want to make sure that your client ends up with a good organization....I’m hoping Cincy falls in love with Joe Burrow."

Steinberg was the agent for two 1st round quarterbacks that Bengals fans will be very familiar with David Klingler and Akili Smith.

Infamously he was caught on camera when the Bengals drafted Klingler saying, “Oh my God, Mike Brown.”

Later on tweeter he said he was only joking about how he and Tua Tagovailoa felt about potentially going to the Bengals.

Nevertheless, it seems that while Burrow would love to be drafted by a team from his home State and play for his local team or any team that is willing to pay him and has recently been seen hanging out with Bengals.

Tua Tagovailoa might not feel so hot about being picked by the Bengals.

While the Bengals weren't likely to select an injured Tua anyway, it seems like he potentially would of pulled an Eli on the Bengals.

It certainly highlights how certain agents might talk down the Bengals franchise and keep free agents from potentially wanting to come play for the Bengals.

Not that were known as big free agency players anyway.

Wow, what a classless POS agent. Feel for Tua now as this reflects on him. Bob Sugar anybody?
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 03:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He didn’t turn out to be a franchise QB so I wouldn’t exactly call him a good one.

He was making progress on an offense dominated by AP at the time. The injury was one very few, if any, players have ever come back from. Remember Marcus Lattimore? Who knows what would have happened if he doesn't literally almost lose his leg. Fact remains, he stepped in for Brees, the Saints kept winning, and Bridgewater put up some good numbers in a couple of games, and even reminded the HOFer that Cook was still a viable target. I picked him up in FF after Brees went down, and it paid off handsomely. He was rather pedestrian before Brees' injury. I had a hunch Touchdown Teddy would target him more due to his penchant for hitting Rudolph in Minny. When Brees returned, he kept feeding the veteran TE.

So, I think the Vikes made a good pick there at QB, it just blew up on them.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
This was supposed to be a lifting offseason for Bengals fans because of thr chance to draft one of the best Quarterbacks to come out of college in a while.

... but the Media is doing everything they can to ruin it.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 04:00 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: He was making progress on an offense dominated by AP at the time. The injury was one very few, if any, players have ever come back from. Remember Marcus Lattimore? Who knows what would have happened if he doesn't literally almost lose his leg. Fact remains, he stepped in for Brees, the Saints kept winning, and Bridgewater put up some good numbers in a couple of games, and even reminded the HOFer that Cook was still a viable target. I picked him up in FF after Brees went down, and it paid off handsomely. He was rather pedestrian before Brees' injury. I had a hunch Touchdown Teddy would target him more due to his penchant for hitting Rudolph in Minny. When Brees returned, he kept feeding the veteran TE.

So, I think the Vikes made a good pick there at QB, it just blew up on them.

If’s and but’s...

Anyway he was fine this season in NO. Nothing special though. Especially considering he had one of the best WR’s in the league.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 04:41 PM)Synric Wrote: This was supposed to be a lifting offseason for Bengals fans because of thr chance to draft one of the best Quarterbacks to come out of college in a while.

And many of our fans are feeding right into it.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 04:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If’s and but’s...

Anyway he was fine this season in NO. Nothing special though. Especially considering he had one of the best WR’s in the league.

I like Teddy, was very good at Louisville, and I thought he was making strides in Minny ....that was a really serious injury, no ifs and buts to that. In fact, I was for drafting him when Dalton's extension came up, and for giving him a look as our backup when he became a FA. 

I agree, he didn't set the woods on fire, but he came off the bench after 3 years of hardly playing and went 5-0 I do believe. He had a couple of games he had to win for them, and he did. He had 1384 yds, 9 TDs against 2 picks, and a 99.1 rating in 6 games. And, like I said, he got Jared Cook into the gameplan. Not too shabby for a guy many thought would never play again.

But, to your point, outside of him, the Vikings have not lit up the QB drafts very much.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 03:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Compared to me, yes.  Compared to other NFL owners he's a lazy welfare queen.  He's not building his brand value, he's coasting.  Compared to his peers he's not exactly a genius business man.

Right on

He inherited a cash cow and has done virtually nothing to build it into anything. Like you say he's just coasting along riding that profit sharing check.

(01-31-2020, 04:41 PM)Synric Wrote: This was supposed to be a lifting offseason for Bengals fans because of thr chance to draft one of the best Quarterbacks to come out of college in a while.

They love them some drama, click bait

And the Bengals are a long, long time media whipping boy/target that's so easy for them to stomp on. Until we actually win in the post season it's not gonna change.
Reply/Quote
Haha Burrow better not come to us then..how does that make you feel mike brown you cheap loser. Son of one of the most iconic and biggest names in football history is not committed to winning, sad..Paul Brown would be ashamed of his son. We are a laughing stalk, neither Burrow nor Tua wanna play for us because mike brown is a fn loser. SAD.
Reply/Quote
I also hope the Bengals fall in love with Burrow. I want no part of Tua or Herbert.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 05:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right on

He inherited a cash cow and has done virtually nothing to build it into anything. Like you say he's just coasting along riding that profit sharing check.

I feel like crap when I don't pull my wait, I have to work and do my best and when I do I feel good about myself.

I don't understand how MB can inherit what he did and not at least try and do his best. Just don't understand it.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 05:52 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I also hope the Bengals fall in love with Burrow.  I want no part of Tua or Herbert.

I agree, just find what this agent said very pathetic and what did he do to help Tua's Draft status? Not a damn thing.

I wouldn't want that guy as my agent that is for sure.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 12:48 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I think the Cards were trying to win a super bowl until pick six Palmer threw six interceptions.

If Palmer was around in the 80s, he would have had much more success imo. This day n age, you have to be more mobile, unless u have a team around you like the squeelers done with Rothberger or whatever his name is.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 08:54 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: If Palmer was around in the 80s, he would have had much more success imo. This day n age, you have to be more mobile, unless u have a team around you like the squeelers done with Rothberger or whatever his name is.

Yeah, never liked them Rothchilds.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 12:50 AM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: According to the Cincinnati Enquirer: Tua Tagovailoa's agent, Leigh Steinberg, was asked about how he and his client felt about potentially going number 1 overall.

“You want to make sure that your client ends up with a good organization....I’m hoping Cincy falls in love with Joe Burrow."

Steinberg was the agent for two 1st round quarterbacks that Bengals fans will be very familiar with David Klingler and Akili Smith.

Infamously he was caught on camera when the Bengals drafted Klingler saying, “Oh my God, Mike Brown.”

Later on tweeter he said he was only joking about how he and Tua Tagovailoa felt about potentially going to the Bengals.

Nevertheless, it seems that while Burrow would love to be drafted by a team from his home State and play for his local team or any team that is willing to pay him and has recently been seen hanging out with Bengals.

Tua Tagovailoa might not feel so hot about being picked by the Bengals.

While the Bengals ARE likely to select an injured Tua anyway, it seems like he potentially would of pulled an Eli on the Bengals.

It certainly highlights how certain agents might talk down the Bengals franchise and keep free agents from potentially wanting to come play for the Bengals.

Not that were known as big free agency players anyway.

While the Bengals ARE likely to select an injured Tua...Fixed it for ya.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 08:54 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: If Palmer was around in the 80s, he would have had much more success imo. This day n age, you have to be more mobile, unless u have a team around you like the squeelers done with Rothberger or whatever his name is.

This statement right here is true. Palmer would of went to 2 Super Bowls in the 80's. He would of had the one thing he's been complaining about ever since he's left here. Good players that could have helped him win! Namely Ken Anderson and Boomer Esiason!
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 04:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And many of our fans are feeding right into it.
It's easy to get mad at the media for pushing their usual BS and we shouldn't feed into it. With that said, they're still mostly right/justified for saying it.

This is just one of the many reasons for the Bengals to actually do something this offseason. Not that Mike has ever cared about outside opinions but it'll just make the whole process slightly easier. Not even a bunch of big signings. Corey Littleton, Joe Thuney and a capable backup QB would be more than enough. No one expects this to be a one year rebuild where we sign pro bowlers at every position.

Unfortunately, I think the narratives are too much to the point where it'll take more than Joe Burrow and the potential this team might have to convince agents and their talent to even have a conversation with us, and that falls on Mike Brown at the end of the day.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 05:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree, just find what this agent said very pathetic and what did he do to help Tua's Draft status? Not a damn thing.

I wouldn't want that guy as my agent that is for sure.

I guess I see the flip side of things in this. 

If you have a player you represent, their first contract is set by the CBA. What you are counting on is them having success and making a huge payday on their second contract.

Since the 90s the narrative has remained the same here, if you are wanting your guy to get to the playoffs and build a brand then you want him on a team that will try to win and that just isn't here.

Let's be honest, if any poster on this board was Joe Burrow or Tua or Herbert's Dad, would you actually be excited for them to go to Cincy with Mike Brown and his dark age methods of running a franchise? 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/carson-palmer-claims-the-cincinnati-bengals-werent-committed-to-winning/
Reply/Quote