Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tua's agent: "I hoping Cincy falls in love with Joe Burrow."
(01-31-2020, 02:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Agreed, but as I've said before it's got to be extra spooky when you are going 1st overall and a franchise like the Browns or Lions or Bengals are picking. 

I’m sure the millions of dollars helps lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
LSU quarterback Joe Burrow said Friday during an appearance on the Dan Patrick Show his main hope for the 2020 NFL draft is landing with a team "committed to winning Super Bowls."

Burrow, the reigning Heisman Trophy winner, is the early favorite to become the first overall pick of the Cincinnati Bengals in April's draft.

"You want to go No. 1," he said. "But you also want to go to a great organization that is committed to winning. Committed to winning Super Bowls."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2874007-joe-burrow-on-nfl-draft-i-want-to-go-to-team-committed-to-winning-super-bowls

Guess he doesn’t want to come here Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 02:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I brought up those years because it’s proof we can put together good teams.

I can't deny that happened, but lordy does it feel like ancient history. 
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 02:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can't deny that happened, but lordy does it feel like ancient history. 

That I’ll agree with. And I do share your concerns about our coaches.

Reply/Quote
You could at least look at the top of the 1st page before starting a new thread...

Reply/Quote
I was in favor of Tua before the latest injury - sorry but this is the Bo Jackson injury and even with the advances in medical technology it is potentially career ending.
Reply/Quote
New plan don't let him talk to Mike Brown before draft.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
We're committed to winning, just not by spending money in FA.

Reply/Quote
lolllllllllllllll.

How about committed to winning a playoff game, Joe? That's not here either. You will go #1 and like it. It's up to you now.
Reply/Quote
Damn....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Burrow might be letting the Palmers get in his head. But what Burrow does not understand is that if Mike Brown drafts him and he refuses to play for us. Then Mike will watch him sit on the bench for the next 4 or 5 years and Burrow will be 30 years old and never have started an NFL game. And I as a fan would not blame Mike Brown one bit and support his choice. The teams pick the players in the draft not the other way around.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 02:08 PM)Trademark Wrote: LSU quarterback Joe Burrow said Friday during an appearance on the Dan Patrick Show his main hope for the 2020 NFL draft is landing with a team "committed to winning Super Bowls."

Burrow, the reigning Heisman Trophy winner, is the early favorite to become the first overall pick of the Cincinnati Bengals in April's draft.

"You want to go No. 1," he said. "But you also want to go to a great organization that is committed to winning. Committed to winning Super Bowls."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2874007-joe-burrow-on-nfl-draft-i-want-to-go-to-team-committed-to-winning-super-bowls

Guess he doesn’t want to come here Ninja

They left out the part that Dan Patrick set him up by asking him directly "Whats most important, going to the right team or going #1 overall?" Joe's answer was "Both, you want to go #1 overall, but you also want to go to a team committed to winning."  DP tried very hard to get Burrow to bash the Bengals even directly asking him if he would pull an Eli, and obviously doing it in a way to suggest he should. If I were Joe, I would've lost a lot of respect for DP, but thats just me. I dont like the games the media play. Its one of the biggest problems in our culture today.

This headline, the question by DP, and all of it was a total setup bait job that they did at the Bengals and Joe's expense. He still said he's honored to even be considered the #1 pick. He didnt say he would refuse to play, even though he's a Browns fan after the Saints.
Reply/Quote
Oh dear....
Reply/Quote
They are calling this "Palmer's revenge" on social media.

And Cinci media has been in damage control all morning.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
These dummies better draft him and not get egocentric about showing the world that they're "smart".
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 02:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: They are calling this "Palmer's revenge" on social media.

And Cinci media has been in damage control all morning.

If that is what this is, then Palmer is really only making his worst critics and haters look correct about how soft he is. We made the playoffs with a 2nd round rookie the year he left. I mean, if Palmer's departure lead to our team sinking to all time lows, then he may have some kind of point, but it lead to us improving a good deal. This is weak. If I were Joe Burrow i would see right through all this. Im sure he's not thrilled to go to his rival team, but this kind of stuff happens all the time in the NFL. Its just how it is.
Reply/Quote
I would be severely disappointed if Burrow did "pull an Eli" on us, but there is a teeny, tiny part of me that would sort of revel in it.

Getting turned down by the #1 overall prospect would be such a damning indictment, and you'd have the nationwide spotlight all over you. Something like that SHOULD be a wake-up call, but we all know better.

If they draft Burrow and he holds out for a trade, I'm done. I legitimately would not be able to do it anymore.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 02:45 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I would be severely disappointed if Burrow did "pull an Eli" on us, but there is a teeny, tiny part of me that would sort of revel in it.

Getting turned down by the #1 overall prospect is such a damning indictment, and you'll have the nationwide spotlight all over you. Something like that SHOULD be a wake-up call, but we all know better.

If they draft Burrow and he holds out for a trade, I'm done. I legitimately would not be able to do it anymore.

Did it really change anything with the Chargers?

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 02:26 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Burrow might be letting the Palmers get in his head. But what Burrow does not understand is that if Mike Brown drafts him  and he refuses to play for us. Then Mike will watch him sit on the bench for the next 4 or 5 years and Burrow will be 30 years old and never have started an NFL game. And I as a fan would not blame Mike Brown one bit and support his choice. The teams pick the players in the draft not the other way around.

If Mike Brown drafted a guy at #1 and then intentionally sat him for 5 years to make a point the NFL should expunge him from the league. 
Reply/Quote
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/31/joe-burrow-you-want-to-go-to-team-thats-committed-to-winning-super-bowls/

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote