Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tua's agent: "I hoping Cincy falls in love with Joe Burrow."
(01-31-2020, 12:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: We just don't have the 2013 and 2015 coaches. So it's hard to argue what his success would look like now.

it also supports my argument that he'd do better elsewhere with good coaches.

This offense staff has no experience. No one has ever called plays outside of ZT. And he's never had any success.

Coaching is definitely a concern.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Lol to anyone thinking Steinberg’s, or anyone else’s comments, will have an effect on whatever ebenezer thinks or does.

Precious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
And so it begins.... He heard Palmer.

"You want to go No. 1. But you also want to go to a great organization that is committed to winning. Committed to winning Super Bowls." - Joe Burrow on @dpshow

This may not go as smooth as we hoped.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 12:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, by that same logic; What goes down should come back up

Took us 15 years to come back up in the 90s and we are on 4 straight losing seasons now so hopefully we are on a quicker path this time. 

I think Burrow will be good, but I can also see us a year from now saying 2021 will be the first year we get to actually see what he can do after ZT is fired.  Time will tell.  
Reply/Quote
Watch us take Herbert and Burrow will go to the Lions. Not only will he play for a shitty organization, he’ll have to live in Detroit!

Be careful what you wish for, Joe. LOL

Reply/Quote
Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr · 10m10 minutes ago

The idea of this being Carson Palmer's big swing at revenge, however, will make for an incredible 30 for 30.

Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr · 12m12 minutes ago

Paul Dehner Jr. Retweeted Matt Berry

I agree. I think it all works out and Zac Taylor's ability to connect with people and build relationships is probably his strongest asset. He's ideal for any issue in this scenario.

There is just so much hype and outside influence around the top pick, it can get complicated.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Watch us take Herbert and Burrow will go to the Lions. Not only will he play for a shitty organization, he’ll have to live in Detroit!

Be careful what you wish for, Joe. LOL

I can't imagine how his comments would mean he wants to go to the Lions. The Lions Bengals and Browns are the Bermuda triangle of the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Paul points to ZT being a strong people person as reason for optimism as an attempt to smooth this over.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: Paul points to ZT being a strong people person as reason for optimism as an attempt to smooth this over.

Burrow is going to be here for 5+ years regardless, so he may as well start fluffing the fans and MB.

And let's not act like he needed Carson Palmer to tell him the Bengals aren't the Patriots or Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can't imagine how his comments would mean he wants to go to the Lions. The Lions Bengals and Browns are the Bermuda triangle of the NFL.

He’s not going to have a choice where he goes. Detroit is picking 3rd, and Stafford’s health is a question mark.

He’s very likely to be a Bengal or Lion. Skins have Haskins so I’m sure they’d take Young.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s not going to have a choice where he goes. Detroit is picking 3rd, and Stafford’s health is a question mark.

I know but I'm saying he doesn't want to go to Detroit.  Ideally a QB would want a decent franchise to be picking at 1 because their QB was out all year not because they're just awful.  Or going to a good team at 2nd or 3rd off the board has paid off too. 
Reply/Quote
Fun side note, Burrow will be our first franchise QB who wasn't alive the last time we won a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I know but I'm saying he doesn't want to go to Detroit.  Ideally a QB would want a decent franchise to be picking at 1 because their QB was out all year not because they're just awful.  Or going to a good team at 2nd or 3rd off the board has paid off too. 

Someone please remind him the Rams took Goff 1st overall and were just in the Super Bowl a year ago.

Reply/Quote
Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr · 4m4 minutes ago
For so many reasons this was going to be, IMO, the most fascinating #Bengals offseason since 2011. Today only cements that. We are about to learn a lot about what the Zac Taylor Era of the #Bengals will actually look like over the next few months.

No Joe Brady, No Bill Callahan, so far it hasn't been much different of an offseason for those looking for signs of a change.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Someone please remind him the Rams took Goff 1st overall and were just in the Super Bowl a year ago.

They traded up to get him.  They didn't go 2-14 and draft Goff by virtue of being awful.  If a mid range franchise like the Rams traded up to get Burrow I'd expect him to do cartwheels. 
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Someone please remind him the Rams took Goff 1st overall and were just in the Super Bowl a year ago.

But the Rams showed signs they wanted to win in Free Agency and with coaching hires (Successful Veteran Coordinators).

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 10:46 AM)jj22 Wrote: Bengals have been slammed on radio row all week. Palmer even making his rounds slamming the Organization still.

The sad truth is Burrow is screwed and would be a special player in the league if he goes somewhere else. He's not set up to win here.

Burrow likely won't cause a scene if drafted, but I'm not getting the feeling he would care if the Bengals passed on him. He said he'd play anywhere that pays him when asked specifically about the Bengals. He didn't say he'd love to play for the Bengals or hoped they drafted him. He didn't even show up to the Seniorbowl to meet the coaches and get a head start on the playbook (even if he didn't practice/play). I don't get the sense he's overjoyed about being drafted by the Bengals.

Bengals don't care. No help is coming, nothing is changing. Having the first overall pick is just going to put their ineptness in the spotlight the next couple months and we should expect more of this to come.

For the young generation. Welcome to the pre-Marvin Bengals. It doesn't get much better than last season.

Soooo so sad but sooooo so true. That’s what’s disappointing, and exhausting...
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They traded up to get him.  They didn't go 2-14 and draft Goff by virtue of being awful.  If a mid range franchise like the Rams traded up to get Burrow I'd expect him to do cartwheels. 

Mid range? The Rams had 9 losing seasons in a row when they took Goff...

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: But the Rams showed signs they wanted to win in Free Agency and with coaching hires (Successful Veteran Coordinators).

They traded up from 15th to take him at 1.  That would be like him going to the Colts or Broncos thus year.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: But the Rams showed signs they wanted to win in Free Agency and with coaching hires (Successful Veteran Coordinators).

AFTER they got their QB.

Reply/Quote