Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tunsil
No thanks, we need to fix the right side of the line (Especially RG) and Center. Don't need to pay top dollar and draft picks for a LT. Especially after reading that he regularly misses multiple games each season. Just seems too risky.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 09:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hard no on trading draft picks. LT is not our position of need. We can re-sign Reiff and grab a FA Right Guard, plus one more FA lineman for depth, and be fine.

The Bengals need to seriously be open to trading draft picks here soon. I'm not saying do it for Tunsil, but they would be stupid not to upgrade their roster using draft picks. 

They have draft capital and they don't need the picks right now. What they need is proven talent to supplement one of the youngest rosters in the NFL with. They could very easily do it through FA and trades. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 11:43 AM)Whatever Wrote: I don't see KC being able to afford to keep Brown.  They have $20 mil or so in cap space, but their other starting T, Mike Remmers, is also a UFA.  Their WR2 and WR3(Robertson and Pringle) are UFA's.  Honey Badger, Ward, and Sorensen in their secondary and Reed and Ingram on the DL are also all UFA's.

Wow, that's actually crazy. Obviously, they have Mahomes so no year is truly a rebuild year, but it sounds like they could potentially drop down from "super bowl favorite" every year to merely "super bowl contender" after this year. That's a ton of talent to lose.
Reply/Quote
Spain has already indicated he wants to be back next year so unless they really lowball him he'll likely be back. They really only need RG to solidify things.  I don't think Prince has played all that badly with the exception of the last game and Tennessee pulled all kinds of stunts on them that were unfamiliar. Does that mean I think he's definitely starter material? Probably not, but this was really his first season starting at any position. He may just play lights out next season. He could definitely start for quite a few other teams and a much better option than Bobby Heart ever was or ever will be..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 02:05 PM)grampahol Wrote: Spain has already indicated he wants to be back next year so unless they really lowball him he'll likely be back. They really only need RG to solidify things.  I don't think Prince has played all that badly with the exception of the last game and Tennessee pulled all kinds of stunts on them that were unfamiliar. Does that mean I think he's definitely starter material? Probably not, but this was really his first season starting at any position. He may just play lights out next season. He could definitely start for quite a few other teams and a much better option than Bobby Heart ever was or ever will be..  

need a RT too.... Reiff is only getting older 

Carmen isnt ready
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:23 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The Bengals need to seriously be open to trading draft picks here soon. I'm not saying do it for Tunsil, but they would be stupid not to upgrade their roster using draft picks. 

They have draft capital and they don't need the picks right now. What they need is proven talent to supplement one of the youngest rosters in the NFL with. They could very easily do it through FA and trades. 

if we can retain most our talent we want to in Free Agency then Yes we wont need all the draft picks and can use them for player trades or to move up the board if an opportunity arises.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 10:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well by your own statement, it is hard to judge a guy like Spain if he has a center beside him who sucks at run blocking and gets pushed back in pass blocking, right? I think Spain does a terrific job as long as the rest of the line beside him does not fold.

Most any lineman blows if everyone around them is always folding ..Tough to block 3 guys at the same time.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 10:06 AM)samhain Wrote: If the Bengals only needed one difference maker on the line, then I could see it.  Unfortunately, they need at least 2, maybe 3. 

This.

Rep.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:23 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The Bengals need to seriously be open to trading draft picks here soon. I'm not saying do it for Tunsil, but they would be stupid not to upgrade their roster using draft picks. 

Trading away draft picks is trading away the future.

No team can afford to build a team entirely of vets through trades and free agency.  You have to be getting production from players on rookie contracts.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 02:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: need a RT too.... Reiff is only getting older 

Carmen isnt ready

Reiff can't stay healthy.  Time to move on from him.  The only reason I have any doubts about us winning this week is the fact that he is out with injury.
Reply/Quote
I am not in the crowd claiming that we need 3 new starters on the O-line, but everyone talking about the 62 sacks are ignoring the fact that we finished DEAD LAST in the league in short yardage rushing situations and 26th in yards per carry.

Our O-line is better than last year, but still really shitty.
Reply/Quote
I saw the number, but don't remember where, but people should look up how many sacks Joe Burrow took AFTER 4 seconds.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 10:44 AM)jj22 Wrote: I'm surprised people are still trying to roll with the majority of the same oline as this season? We need at least 4 new starters.

Williams isn't a guaranteed answer at LT and we'll need to replace him as I don't think he's the long term answer.
Spain only looks good compared to the other players but came up short along with the rest of the middle of the line when needed most and can be upgraded.
Hopkins - can be upgraded - sucks in run blocking, get's pushed back in pass blocking.
Right side is still a mess.

I don't think we trade a lot of picks for Tunsil. I will say that we went the rookie and draft route and that just hasn't worked out so I think signing proven vets would be the next best move.

Burrow was the most sacked QB in the league, and has been sacked a record number of times in the playoffs. 1 change to the oline isn't the answer.

This ^^^^^^^^^^

and would rather start with signing Armstead from the Saints in FA without trade. 

Yet not positive the Bengals can come up with the money, but this is where I would like to start if possible. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 11:32 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: https://sports.yahoo.com/texans-trade-lt-laremy-tunsil-180420580.html

Man wouldn’t that be nice!!  The future is so damn exciting about the possibilities with this Team!!

Yes, this would be the best move imaginable for this team right now. Do it!
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:56 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Wow, that's actually crazy. Obviously, they have Mahomes so no year is truly a rebuild year, but it sounds like they could potentially drop down from "super bowl favorite" every year to merely "super bowl contender" after this year. That's a ton of talent to lose.

Yeah, with the contract they paid Mahomes it will leave holes all over their roster in a year or two.

They are in win now mode, would be awesome if we took them out with how desperate they should be in this game.

Their roster won't be this good again for a long time.

To the people saying no to Tunsil cause he is a LT I don't understand, Jonah can move to RT no problem.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 03:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I saw the number, but don't remember where, but people should look up how many sacks Joe Burrow took AFTER 4 seconds.

Need better routes... to have a guy open quickly for burrow
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals were going to go out and make a move for an offensive lineman Brian Allen is the guy... unless the Rams tag him.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
To me it is all about the $26 million.

No way in hell he is worth that much to us right now.
Reply/Quote

Eh, I dunno.  They will need to replace players that they can't afford to re-sign, and that will be an issue sooner than we'd like to think.  In a couple of years, there won't be a lot of money to spend on the FA market to fill roster holes.  They players they draft now will need to be ready to step up and keep some good players on the payroll that aren't making huge bank yet.

Teams that sustain success have to have young, cheap talent.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 03:06 PM)Go Cards Wrote: This ^^^^^^^^^^

and would rather start with signing Armstead from the Saints in FA without trade. 

Yet not positive the Bengals can come up with the money, but this is where I would like to start if possible. 

I'm not sure they spend that on a free agent or on Tunsil, but that would certainly be preferable to trading picks.
Reply/Quote