Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tunsil
(01-28-2022, 10:48 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: If we’re already looking to get a new RG, then we’re all admitting Carmen is a bust

How many "admitted" Zac Taylor was a bust after year 1? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 10:48 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: If we’re already looking to get a new RG, then we’re all admitting Carmen is a bust

Carman isn't a bust, he is better than what they have been starting in Adeniji.

Plus have some respect for the man and call him by his name please. It is getting on my nerves.

His name is Jackson Carman and he could still be a top Guard or RT in the NFL down the road.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 11:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How many "admitted" Zac Taylor was a bust after year 1? 

True, give him a little time before we call the man a bust.

This is knee jerk reaction stuff and honestly is insulting considering Carman has played better than Adeniji from what most have seen.
Reply/Quote
I would 100 times rather sign Alex Cappa and keep the draft picks. Alex Cappa would totally transform this offensive line. He's started 46 games the past 3 years while playing 100% of the Buc's offensive snaps the past 2 with a total of just 4 penalties committed. One of which was declined. He allowed just 5 sacks this past year with a overall PFF score of 74.2 and he's just 27 years old.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 09:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hard no on trading draft picks. LT is not our position of need. We can re-sign Reiff and grab a FA Right Guard, plus one more FA lineman for depth, and be fine.

After allowing 51 regular season sacks I would replace all five…
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 10:35 AM)Shepdawg Wrote: I would 100 times rather sign Alex Cappa and keep the draft picks.  Alex Cappa would totally transform this offensive line.  He's started 46 games the past 3 years while playing 100% of the Buc's offensive snaps the past 2 with a total of just 4 penalties committed.  One of which was declined. He allowed just 5 sacks this past year with a overall PFF score of 74.2 and he's just 27 years old.

At first glance his stats look great. I watched highlights of some of Tampa's fames this year. Cappa is not manhandling the DL, in fact his run blocking is not that great. Would be much different than what we have if he was forced to maintain his block for another second or 2. He benefits from Brady getting rid of the ball fast.  If he is better at picking up schemes than or guys I would want him as a lot of our sacks are caused by missed assignments more than failed assignments. I wonder how good Reiff would be at RG. He seems like he would be great plus gives us benefit of backup RT.

Could we get/trust Trent Brown at RT? He is a great player but was a disaster for the Raiders. He may not want to leave Patriots again. I like guys we can sign as Free Agents and not lose draft picks over.
Reply/Quote

Carmen Electra did have a nice bust !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 10:39 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: After allowing 51 regular season sacks I would replace all five…

If 3 of your fingers were frostbitten, would you want to cut off all five because you were having trouble holding on to something?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 04:44 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Im not sure who needs to hear this but apparently some of you do. HOPKINS IS ONE OF THE WORST STARTING CENTERS IN THE LEAGUE.

I would not be opposed to the Tunsil move but to be honest my dream off-season would be: Sign RG Brandon Scherff, Sign RT Morgan Moses, re-sign Spain and trade up in the draft for Linderbaum. Might only cost us our 1st and 3rd or 4th depending on how hard he falls. I honestly like our young backups (Carman, Prince, Smith and even Adeniji).

2022 dream (realistic-ish) OL

LT: Jonah (not a world beater but not a liability, Average)
LG: Spain (solid player)
C: Linderbaum (potential future all-pro C)
RG: Schereff (All-pro RG)
RT: Moses (solid player)

Backup G: Carman (could develop into a good player and takeover for Scherff or Spain in 2023)
Backup T: Smith and Prince (not world-beaters but both still young with potential)
Backup C: Hopkins (vet albeit a below average one)

I could get on board with those starters. Actually feels like it could be possible but doubt it will happen because Mike brown won’t pay top money for a guard. Scherff will have big demands .
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 12:14 PM)gman657 Wrote: I could get on board with those starters. Actually feels like it could be possible but doubt it will happen because Mike brown won’t pay top money for a guard. Scherff will have big demands .

Scherff market value with his age is not that bad.

Per Spotrac
  • 3 yrs, $38,933,652
  • Avg. Salary: $12,977,884
Scherff injuries are a concern. It may be why we can get him for a better price. We would have young depth if he gets injured.

2015 16 games
2016 16 games
2017 14 games
2018 8 games
2019 11 games
2020 13 games
2021 11 games
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 01:09 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Scherff market value with his age is not that bad.

Per Spotrac
  • 3 yrs, $38,933,652
Scherff injuries are a concern. It may be why we can get him for a better price. We would have young depth if he gets injured.

2015 16 games
2016 16 games
2017 14 games
2018 8 games
2019 11 games
2020 13 games
2021 113 games

Dude was makin up for lost time on those previous injury years!  Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I’m all for beefing up the offensive line but is this guy REALLY worth what he is getting paid?! I feel like we could get two or three guys for what he’s getting paid. And our real need, like last year, is interior linemen. A better center and a better RG are higher on my priority list.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 01:09 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Scherff market value with his age is not that bad.

Per Spotrac
  • 3 yrs, $38,933,652

2015 16 games
2016 16 games
2017 14 games
2018 8 games
2019 11 games
2020 13 games
2021 113 games

I read he is on $18 million this year playing under the tag and widely reported that he will be looking to still be one of top paid guards in league (currently he is number 1 with thuney next on $16m) . Just can’t see Mike going to those numbers for an aging injury prone guard even if when fit he is pro bowl level
Reply/Quote
The only reason to consider Tunsil is if we can get him as a salary dump for a 5th-7th rounder. We have cap space at the moment and we only need to make two year commitment to him while looking to draft his replacement in the next two years. We will need to sign Burrow and Higgins two years from now and can plan on moving on from Tunsil at that point. Jonah demands and signing or not is another factor, at moment with the terrible shape of our line we would end up overpaying for Jonah. Burrow is going to demand a possible 45-50 million a year so getting rookie contracts mixed in at that point will be critical to.our sustained success. Malone at 8 million does look like an attractive affordable option also.
Reply/Quote
Everyone thinks Luck was destroyed and beat into early retirement, but Burrow has suffered more sacks in 2 years the Luck did in 4.

This. Isn't. Sustainable.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 11:20 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Carmen Electra did have a nice bust !

Yes she did. Probably still does, haven't seen here around for awhile. Mellow

(01-29-2022, 11:22 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If 3 of your fingers were frostbitten, would you want to cut off all five because you were having trouble holding on to something?

Sounds smart. Sarcasm

(01-29-2022, 01:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dude was makin up for lost time on those previous injury years!  Ninja

113 games lol
Reply/Quote
Right tackle in first, center in second
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 03:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: Everyone thinks Luck was destroyed and beat into early retirement, but Burrow has suffered more sacks in 2 years the Luck did in 4.

This. Isn't. Sustainable.

For 8 straight years ('13-'20) Russell Wilson was sacked at least 40 times every year.  And he also accumulated anther 42 sacks in postseason games.

And he was never injured.

Stop acting like Burrow is made of glass.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 06:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: For 8 straight years ('13-'20) Russell Wilson was sacked at least 40 times every year.  And he also accumulated anther 42 sacks in postseason games.

I agree with Fred here, Joe is tough, we just need to protect him better and I am sure we will this Offseason by adding some
proven OL. Joe Burrow ain't complaining, he has to make do with what he has right now. We will reward him in the Offseason.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 06:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: For 8 straight years ('13-'20) Russell Wilson was sacked at least 40 times every year.  And he also accumulated anther 42 sacks in postseason games.

I will say it’s a bit different for Wilson. He tended to run a lot more than Burrow, so Burrow is getting hammered in the pocket quickly, while Wilson was running and scrambling a bit more. But I see your point! A sack is a sack
Reply/Quote